Running out of Water!

XTreme

I went down to Castril and I couldn't believe what I saw!

Bear in mind I was there three months ago on the 1200GS.......but since then the water level in the reservoir has plummeted.

I've been going there since 2005 and there's land areas showing now that never existed before.

I'm the last one to call for rain but this is getting really serious now!

Bike looking pretty decent......new tyre is great!

20120821_105717-min.jpg.ff0c3d8c6bc97a8b2033882f8f41ef9a.jpg

Parked up by the side of the reservoir and a guy was there on a Versys 650 (wearing a Honda jacket :classic_unsure:)......and he couldn't believe how much the water had dropped either.

20220821_105717-min.jpg.daf8ecba81e0c83543e62331151cd0bb.jpg

20220821_105724-min.jpg.0bb7b6e4df1de0f6138e7c1797532307.jpg

20220821_105853-min.jpg.06bb050031bf5e743d34b2137a54f29e.jpg

20420821_110624-min.jpg.67d528c87bcd146d46e68408f0218c8b.jpg

20220821_110609-min.jpg.9ff7fd8a961ec15dcbd0cdb02914bfb7.jpg

20220821_110624-min.jpg.8aa4f9c79ec2e9a8f1c2b97a04da7b2d.jpg

Filled up with petrol on the way back.......it took €8. Which is all I've used going to Baza (70 miles) and Castril today (40 miles).

110 miles for €8.......must be around 80mpg I'd have thought.

This bike (despite having it's detractors) suits me just fine! I love it! The 650GS was easy to ride and cheap on fuel......but this thing way surpasses that! The slipper clutch is amazing!

And ultimately I've got a lot more peace of mind with a Honda than with a BMW! And for someone as inept as I am that's a big thing!

easy rider GIF

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Pete, some great photos there.

Does that reservoir supply your village with water ?  Did you ask the senor on the Versys if he knows Ray ?

No......that supplies! The one in San Clemente with the big bridge supplies us.

And no......I don't mention to anybody that I know a Cockney!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Reservoirs are low here as well Pete and we've had rain this last week but the ground is so dry it just soaks it up.
Do yo use the go pro for the photos or do you use something else

I haven't got a GoPro Fred....it's a Drift Ghost X.

My phone (Samsung A71) did the pics and the vid of the reservoir......the helmet cam only does onboard stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I haven't got a GoPro Fred....it's a Drift Ghost X.

My phone (Samsung A71) did the pics and the vid of the reservoir......the helmet cam only does onboard stuff.

I was asking because one of the girls in the TRF uses her go pro for everything captures photos on the move as well still thinking about getting one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was asking because one of the girls in the TRF uses her go pro for everything captures photos on the move as well still thinking about getting one

Battery life is what concerns me.....I can get 8 hours out of the Drift.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Battery life is what concerns me.....I can get 8 hours out of the Drift.

Yes i see the boys changing batteries regular on a ride, the Drift seems to be a much better design for helmet mounting than the go pro to me. Although the chin attachment has to be the most unobtrusive location anywhere else makes you look like a teletubby   :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes i see the boys changing batteries regular on a ride, the Drift seems to be a much better design for helmet mounting than the go pro to me. Although the chin attachment has to be the most unobtrusive location anywhere else makes you look like a teletubby   :classic_laugh:

My mate Titus has had terrible trouble with his GoPro Hero 10. A lot of it is probably down to him. I mean, he's only a former electrical and radio officer who maintained the equipment. 

He's now in Spain, having done just over 5k miles on his 25 year old Harley since leaving UK.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Day trip and photo opportunities you mean, glass half full and all that!!

I'll give you the heads up if any old Graveyards reappear Yen!

The Undertaker Sport GIF by WWE

• Haha 1