Blood pressure.

Tym

117/68 today.

High BP medication ran out months ago, havnt had my 2021 yearly physical yet, seem to be doing better then ever. 

:classic_unsure:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

117/68 today.

High BP medication ran out months ago, havnt had my 2021 yearly physical yet, seem to be doing better then ever. 

All the swimming helping?

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

All the swimming helping?

Problem is when i was on the meds my numbers were in the 90 over 50 range. :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tym said:

117/68 today.

That's a healthy BP, especially if you've stopped taking meds. If it was 90/50 when on the meds, that's far too low so it looks like you don't need them. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Wot he said. 

Makes ya wonder why they gave them to me in the first place, moderm medicine at its finest. 😆

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tym said:

Makes ya wonder why they gave them to me in the first place, moderm medicine at its finest. 😆

I honestly don’t know why they’d want you to have such low blood pressure. I can only think either you have a co-morbidity that benefits from having a low BP (I’m not aware of a single one, I’m fact too low BP is damaging to renal function) OR perhaps your BP like many peoples fluctuates over the course of a day and when it’s high it really is too high (taking a snapshot BP occasionally can give a create a very misleading picture) OR they’re just getting it wrong!

To know for sure you’d need to take your blood pressure repeatedly over the course of the day making sure you encompass from when you wake to when you go to sleep and repeat this for several days. That’s too much work for most folk so unless someone’s in hospital these things are rarely known for sure. 

On the upside your mean pressure needs to be at 60 or above to maintain O2 tissue perfusion so it’s not been too bad. 
Glad you asked? 😂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I honestly don’t know why they’d want you to have such low blood pressure. I can only think either you have a co-morbidity that benefits from having a low BP (I’m not aware of a single one, I’m fact too low BP is damaging to renal function) OR perhaps your BP like many peoples fluctuates over the course of a day and when it’s high it really is too high (taking a snapshot BP occasionally can give a create a very misleading picture) OR they’re just getting it wrong!

To know for sure you’d need to take your blood pressure repeatedly over the course of the day making sure you encompass from when you wake to when you go to sleep and repeat this for several days. That’s too much work for most folk so unless someone’s in hospital these things are rarely known for sure. 

On the upside your mean pressure needs to be at 60 or above to maintain O2 tissue perfusion so it’s not been too bad. 
Glad you asked? 😂

Do you know much about foreskin cheese Caroline?

@Sir Fallsalot wanted me to ask you for some reason!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Do you know much about foreskin cheese Caroline?

@Sir Fallsalot wanted me to ask you for some reason!

Well now, I know being on this forum leads you to believe my standards are low and I can’t argue with that and I will confess whilst looking at the male species Im happy to forgo the pleasures of discourse to spend a bit of time with a nice looking knuckle dragger who cant really string a coherent sentence together but I do draw the line at being able to wash and dress themselves so no I dunno a lot about knob cheese. There are some limits even for for me 😆

keeping up appearances 90s GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad you asked? 😂

I do bp well i was within a few numbers of the nurses. It was high years ago, so they put me on medication, now that they stopped seeing me im on my own and doing well. :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tym said:

I do bp well i was within a few numbers of the nurses. It was high years ago, so they put me on medication, now that they stopped seeing me im on my own and doing well. :classic_unsure:

Hmm. If youre only being checked up for BP and your BPs fine I could go along with that but if youre supposed to be having other things checked like for example bloods then thats no good Tymmy. You need to find the will to make them see you. Thats ‘forum nobody’ orders! 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hmm. If youre only being checked up for BP and your BPs fine I could go along with that but if youre supposed to be having other things checked like for example bloods then thats no good Tymmy. You need to find the will to make them see you. Thats ‘forum nobody’ orders! 😂

Not my fault my DR's office stopped calling, american medicine is crap. Humiliation isnt the kind of healthcare im looking for anyways. :wave:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tym said:

Not my fault my DR's office stopped calling, american medicine is crap. Humiliation isnt the kind of healthcare im looking for anyways. :wave:

Id take a guess that youre the sort of guy that will get whatever healthcare you want if you want it enough. The only humiliation thats possible is theirs for the crap care thats on offer. 

Ring them, make them do their job, like L’Oréal youre worth it

Vintage Dancing GIF

• Haha 4

Without them i have good bp and the abs of Jesus Christ on the day of his death. Summers coming, get ready for nipple shots. Besides, lung cancer studies are so boring to be in, and you know how it ends already. 😆

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tym said:

Without them i have good bp and the abs of Jesus Christ on the day of his death. Summers coming, get ready for nipple shots. Besides, lung cancer studies are so boring to be in, and you know how it ends already. 😆

I admire the resolve but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keeping track of lung function and oxygen sats should mean you get offered the right booster stuff at the optimum times. Obviously I cant fly to Merica and twist your arm so have this gif instead

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by UFC

Or this one, she’s cute you should do what she says, might get a date

finger wag no GIF by Paris Hilton

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Or this one, she’s cute you should do what she says, might get a date

finger wag no GIF by Paris Hilton

Why pay for cute when a six pack of beer makes ok perfect. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

I just thought if anyone could talk a shark into taking a selfie with them it would be you 😁

Most fish i meet arnt very personable, its like they have jelly for brains. :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 31/03/2022 at 08:51, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

my doc made me take mine 3 times a day for three days and calculate the average. The pharmacy lent me and bracelet thingy with a digital readout that was idiot proof... supposedly 🤔 it was hardly a constraint to do it and cost nothing. 

• Like 1