Ant infestation

Pedro

Really, I’ve looked everywhere around the engine and hidden places for a dead bird or something like that, and there’s none, there’s no ants around the bike, but still they keep popping up …

1258A2B4-5654-427A-A7F6-7A2699F1204B.thumb.jpeg.19050361961f201e886c38c636b56879.jpeg

97C0FA1D-9749-447D-B593-65B3B0BA0B42.thumb.jpeg.0e40aa3cfab5e5d549a7fc20ec2597c4.jpeg

What the fuck, is there a hidden ant colony on my bike? Stay tuned…

I sprayed ant killer on the center stand, but that might just make them not want to leave :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Really, I’ve looked everywhere around the engine and hidden places for a dead bird or something like that, and there’s none, there’s no ants around the bike, but still they keep popping up …

1258A2B4-5654-427A-A7F6-7A2699F1204B.thumb.jpeg.19050361961f201e886c38c636b56879.jpeg

97C0FA1D-9749-447D-B593-65B3B0BA0B42.thumb.jpeg.0e40aa3cfab5e5d549a7fc20ec2597c4.jpeg

What the fuck, is there a hidden ant colony on my bike? Stay tuned…

I sprayed and killer on the center stand, but that might just make them not want to leave :classic_laugh:

Is there an ant's nest somewhere in the garage?

Just now, XTreme said:

Is there an ant's nest somewhere in the garage?

They have been popping up randomly in the garage and outside, but now there are none to be seen anywhere but in the bike, I've made surprise attacks :classic_laugh: and killed about 50 or 100 by now, all of them only on the top of bike, I can´t spot them in the mess of black nooks and tubes that is the GS's lower half.

I'll send an email to BMW Motorrad and ask them that if they wish me to consider a GS1300 it better come equipped with an electronic pest repellent :classic_tongue:

• Haha 2

Got any air vents or plastic pipe work. I killed an ant in my VW Golf as I was driving once. It was on the dashboard having a little wander. 5 minutes later I saw another one, then another 5 minutes after that. I think I had a small colony in the air vents, my car is parked on top of concrete block paving which sits on sand. There are always little piles of sand made by ants between the blocks. I think that because I don't use my car very often some had decided to camp out in it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Got any air vents or plastic pipe work. I killed an ant in my VW Golf as I was driving once. It was on the dashboard having a little wander. 5 minutes later I saw another one, then another 5 minutes after that. I think I had a small colony in the air vents, my car is parked on top of concrete block paving which sits on sand. There are always little piles of sand made by ants between the blocks. I think that because I don't use my car very often some had decided to camp out in it.

I did have a good look under the main seat where the ECU is, and couldn't spot any. Apart from that only if on the intake. The whole bike's guts are plastic vent like things, bloody ants are black too so they only run out of camouflage when they walk onto white or light grey plastic :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

I did have a good look under the main seat where the ECU is, and couldn't spot any. Apart from that only if on the intake. The whole bike's guts are plastic vent like things, bloody ants are black too so they only run out of camouflage when they walk onto white or light grey plastic :classic_laugh:

Put something sweet close by and see if any come out.

56 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Put something sweet close by and see if any come out.

I thought of that, but tempting more ants to invade the garage didn't feel like a solution :classic_laugh:

I went to have a look just now, not the numbers of yesterday but there were still a few around. I'm getting annoyed, also made me look closely into the bike and realize what a fucking state it's in, proper dirty. Will have to buy some sort of liquid to give it a good soaking once the weather changes. 

Fuck it, I'll ride it on the weekend making my way somewhere, it's going to be nice by then, let's see how they like 200kmh.

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What can we learn from this ?  Ants have taste, there is no way they would infestate a Chinese bike 😉

Only Berlin assembled engines for these ants!

• Haha 5