So Who are the Casuals here?

XTreme

7 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

These questions have sod all to do with if you're a casual or not but say everything when combined to draw up a profiling personality of you, you complete effing nerd. What's frightening is your grooming of a doppelgänger in Buck. FFS, he'll come out of the closet as a ginger next.

That's a lot of words in an attempt to cloak the fact that you're a Casual Bruce? :classic_laugh:

And I have no idea what @Buckster has to do with it? :classic_unsure: 

• Haha 2

CHIPS...lol...hollyweird is a foreign country StateSide™.. the best thing on tv ever was the cartoons from the 1930's, pure art :littleguy:

2 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

OK, lets shake the ginger rug out and see what falls off for Buck.

How did the Harley Davidson bikes come to be also be known as Hogs?

Don't know anything about them! Never wanted to!

Look at the end of the day some people are casuals and some people aren’t.

Some people grew up riding bikes and it has got into their blood and they will always ride bikes, people like me, @XTreme, @boboneleg, @Tym, @MooN and others. Even if they have a small break they come back to bikes, some of us have always had bikes and we always identified with the culture including in the media, we don’t all identify with exactly the same area of biking but we all have things in common and all have crossovers in at least two or three areas. While there was no forum we didn’t stop riding.

The casuals on the other hand may have ridden when young but it never really took with them, it was just another mode of transportation, they may have a bike rotting away in the shed so they can say they have one, they like the idea of being part of the biking scene but they need to be stroked and encouraged by others to keep it going and when there is no focus like the forum they just drift away on the tide so to speak. 

The real difference between casuals and bikers of course is that at the end of the day bikers don’t care if you ride or not because riding is personal to them, sure they like to share it but they don’t need to. Casuals have a desperate need to be included, they need the validation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BusBoy said:

be a rufty tufty biker for the Saturday matinée collecting trivia questions so you can prove you're a real biker here and when you puff on a fag at the back of the church come Sunday. I'll salute you from the cockpit with a piña colada while you swill a Starbucks and look forward to the bus depot on Monday. ?

Pina coladas, Starbucks, Bus Depot? :classic_unsure:

xxgiphy.gif.45394ad1f18d0df4e49649bdae1206d8.gif

9 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Mucho, being a biker has never been about bikes but community. If pillock above subscribes to that philosophy then he's watched Wild Hogs too many times. I've never been a biker but have always ridden and loved them and along the way have made friends in the community and friends outside who equally ride and love bikes. I think a genuine biker on reading the above would share the same opinion as me. In fact I know they do.  Anyway, bikers are like hippies, if you werent there in the heyday and part of the scene then calling yourself a biker in the sense of where its earned is akin to looking at a boomer tree hugger identifying as a hippie. Fuckin sad.

I think it's difficult to quantify it really.......because it's different things to different people.

Like me and @Renegade ......he's always been into the club and rally scene. Whereas I've got no interest in that.

I was always more into going to race meetings etc......the sport side of things. Whereas he wasn't.

So it's a case of people participating in the elements of motorcycling that appeal to them.

But, underpinning it all, must be a love of motorcycles. If you don't have that then you're not a biker in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

Look at the end of the day some people are casuals and some people aren’t.

Some people grew up riding bikes and it has got into their blood and they will always ride bikes, people like me, @XTreme, @boboneleg, @Tym, @MooN and others. Even if they have a small break they come back to bikes, some of us have always had bikes and we always identified with the culture including in the media, we don’t all identify with exactly the same area of biking but we all have things in common and all have crossovers in at least two or three areas. While there was no forum we didn’t stop riding.

The casuals on the other hand may have ridden when young but it never really took with them, it was just another mode of transportation, they may have a bike rotting away in the shed so they can say they have one, they like the idea of being part of the biking scene but they need to be stroked and encouraged by others to keep it going and when there is no focus like the forum they just drift away on the tide so to speak. 

The real difference between casuals and bikers of course is that at the end of the day bikers don’t care if you ride or not because riding is personal to them, sure they like to share it but they don’t need to. Casuals have a desperate need to be included, they need the validation.

I hate to admit it but... he's right.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

No mate, you're kidding yourself. Ren is a biker, you love bikes. There is a difference.  Neither one better, but there is a difference.  And that is community and code.  As you say, a casual. Just like me

?

So Ren is a biker.......but I'm not? 

Are you saying that being a member of a bike club is the defining factor then? Sort of like stitch a patch on your back and you're a biker?

Seems a pretty odd criteria to me.....but ultimately I ride bikes because I like doing it, the social element is not a consideration in my case.

Based on @BusBoy's criteria then everybody here is a Casual. Cos I don't think Ren is in a club anymore.

But I gotta say, some of these Casuals seem to have a pretty comprehensive understanding and knowledge of motorcycles.

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But I gotta say, some of these Casuals seem to have a pretty comprehensive understanding and knowledge of motorcycles.

Im just glad im not one of them. My head is already full of worthless garbage info i dont want to throw out, seems im a mental horder, and, because this about us, i have a messy desk too...  :littleguy:

17 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

As I said there is a community and code that goes with it

I would say that anybody who had bikes in Britain in the 60's and 70's would have been a part of that Bruce.

It wasn't a matter of choice as it is now......it was a matter of survival.

If you weren't in a group then things could get very nasty.......particularly if you lived in a big town or city with football teams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I would say that anybody who had bikes in Britain in the 60's and 70's would have been a part of that Bruce.

It wasn't a matter of choice as it is now......it was a matter of survival.

If you weren't in a group then things could get very nasty.......particularly if you lived in a big town or city with football teams.

This is true but I found myself in conflicting camps as I was a biker and a football supporter , my football mates just didn't get 'the bike thing' ?

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This is true but I found myself in conflicting camps as I was a biker and a football supporter , my football mates just didn't get 'the bike thing' ?

Funny thing I remember was about 20 years later going in a pub and I saw this skinhead twat there.

Over the years he'd got fat and now had a bald shiny head rather than the stubby look he'd had.

We were both around 40 by this time but he was still giving me "death stares". 

I guess some people never grow out of that tribal shit!

• Haha 1