Supply chain issues.

Tym

Try to get something  thats "in stock and ships the same day!" is fun lately eh? My latest. Filed under:

Dont you hate when this happens?

I ordered a marine radio and i spoke to the most wonderful sounding southern girl working in Greer South Carolina. She was amazing

and lied through her teeth so well i never complained it took a week longer to ship what she said she had in stock.

Why complain she souded like a freaking southern bell for sure

i could hear Jerry Springer re-runs playing in the background.

😃

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Tym said:

Try to get something  thats "in stock and ships the same day!" is fun lately eh? My latest. Filed under:

Dont you hate when this happens?

I ordered a marine radio and i spoke to the most wonderful sounding southern girl working in Greer South Carolina. She was amazing

and lied through her teeth so well i never complained it took a week longer to ship what she said she had in stock.

Why complain she souded like a freaking southern bell for sure

i could hear Jerry Springer re-runs playing in the background.

😃

Marine radio?

So what do you do with that......speak to ships?

An unnamed law enforcement officer thinks im going to get run over and she told me i needed a radio so i got a handheld submersible to 3 feet for one hour standard horizen two way vhf.

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A handheld VHF is alomost useless for you Tym. 3 feet is about the range you'll get I reckon. VHF is basically "Line of sight" communication, which is why its used at sea but not on land cos a tree or a house or a rise in the ground blocks the signal... or a wave crest. which is why boats and ships always have the antenna as high up as possible. I guess it's a 4w set too?   a waterproof childs walkie talkie would be just as useful for less cash mate.

One watt/3 watt/ 6 watt. Im crossing channels so im within feet of vessels @MooN, and its gets FM so i;ll have toons...lol

This is a good example, ignore the wirlpools, harmless really and tons of fun....weeee Pedro said i was winded, the whole crossing vid was 5 minutes of full throttle fining and this was the King Tide coming into the channel.

Not bad for a lung cancer screening test participant at almost 63. Is a farcle worth the money, never, so? Remember, im not married.

😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MooN said:

A handheld VHF is alomost useless for you Tym. 3 feet is about the range you'll get I reckon. VHF is basically "Line of sight" communication, which is why its used at sea but not on land cos a tree or a house or a rise in the ground blocks the signal... or a wave crest. which is why boats and ships always have the antenna as high up as possible. I guess it's a 4w set too?   a waterproof childs walkie talkie would be just as useful for less cash mate.

a bit like CB radio they dont seem to work anymore probably because there is no one on them i dont see how company's like thunderpole are still in business 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

a bit like CB radio they dont seem to work anymore probably because there is no one on them i dont see how company's like thunderpole are still in business 

They still make them then?

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They still make them then?

they certainly do but when i get my old one out there is never anyone there , im beginning to wonder if they have gone digital

• Haha 1

Fuck that i dont like to be tracked, its why im bringing back the 3 old cars that dont tattletail in court....I wasnt doing 100, your car, thats right the moRon was doing 112.476599870698 mph

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, skyrider said:

CB works fine on my KLR, been wiring two ways since the USAF days, every radio and type of transmitter has purpose, low watt line of sight radios are very handle for small unit operations that dont want to be talking to your mother all the way in Dingleberry.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tym said:

Fuck that i dont like to be tracked, its why im bringing back the 3 old cars that dont tattletail in court....I wasnt doing 100, your car, thats right the moRon was doing 112.476599870698 mph

The KLR: "I managed to start".

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The KLR: "I managed to start".

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

When i get back from a ride mum always asks how the bike went, like a KLR i say, when things go well...like a KLR.

She rolls her eyes cause she knows its not a KTM like the cool itailian guy down the street has.

😀

• Haha 2