The Evolution of a Motorcycle Forum!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Is he still riding now? None of his recent shots seem to show him with bikes.

I gather he has moved to Scotland and given up bikes now, cars and motorhomes is the only vehicles he has I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I gather he has moved to Scotland and given up bikes now, cars and motorhomes is the only vehicles he has I believe.

Fair play to him with all the pics he took.

Good to see girls in leather jackets too......I can dig that!

28 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

He has a youtube account, as well https://www.youtube.com/c/sarkybstard/videos

His stuff appears to be early 80's-on which is the biker generation that came after mine.

I came in at the start of the 70's at the point the few remaining Rockers had grown their hair and evolved into Greasers! But by the late 70's that had pretty much finished.

That whole Rocker/Greaser scene and the leather jacket/jeans image had originally come from The Wild One, whereas the following generation were very much HA influenced with the denim cutoffs, mullets, patches etc.

That wasn't my thing and by then most of my bike mates had either been killed, maimed, or just packed in bikes......so that's when I started doing my own thing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

His stuff appears to be early 80's-on which is the biker generation that came after mine.

I came in at the start of the 70's at the point the few remaining Rockers had grown their hair and evolved into Greasers! But by the late 70's that had pretty much finished.

That whole Rocker/Greaser scene and the leather jacket/jeans image had originally come from The Wild One, whereas the following generation were very much HA influenced with the denim cutoffs, mullets, patches etc.

That wasn't my thing and by then most of my bike mates had either been killed, maimed, or just packed in bikes......so that's when I started doing my own thing.

You drove away a whole generation!

• Haha 4

I was looking at a 70's Biker page on FB......loads of pics of that era! Hell......we all looked a right fucking state for sure. :classic_laugh:

And some of the guys around my age have posted then and now shots......and something occurred to me. 

Cos in the THEN shots from 45-50 years ago I looked pretty much the same as the guys in the pics and rode the same bikes.

But in the NOW photos from the present day......we're world's apart. You know what I look like and you know what I ride........but these guys are now fat as fuck with billiard ball heads, and long white goatees.

And they're riding stupid shit like big cruisers, gay Harleys, and the odd one or two with retro styled Triumphs!

Two questions spring to mind.

1. If that's what my peer group from 50 years ago (I'm talking Greasers, not just anybody who may have had a bike) are looking like and doing NOW........why am I completely different to them?

2. And the guys of my age who are now riding round on fucking huge GS's etc.......where the fuck did they come from then?

• Haha 1

I did think any of the guys who I knew back then are still riding.......🤔

Balding!...I am getting there.............fat as fuck!........I am a bit overweight, but no beer gut..👍

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Still got a bit of fluff on the top👍.........the rest is on the bed headboard..😂😂

I'm talking about your head not your foreskin you old cunt! 

Talking of old cunts......where's the stupidest old cunt today?

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm talking about your head not your foreskin you old cunt! 

Foreskin.....ain't got one😂....had it removed for medical reasons when I was about 10 years old.😂

• Haha 1

On 09/09/2021 at 13:25, Six30 said:

calm down .... was only a joke , hope i dont get all grumpy and bitter when im your age.

The chances of you living that long are slim, unlike you.