Bike You Regret Not Buying?

Tango

Has there ever been a bike that's been offered to you or you've seen for sale that you regretted not buying?

One of my mates had a Honda CBX1000 in the mid 1980's and, to save the temptation of riding it whilst he was on a ban, he entrusted it to me to look after for him. Anyway, after a while he needed some money and asked if I wanted to buy it off him. I was skint at the time, so I turned it down and he sold it to another mate for a song! I later wished that I had scraped the money together to buy it. 

Anyone else?

• Like 2

There was a K1200 for sale. in Scotland, it ticked every box. Handily for me, the seller was just a couple of miles from Edinburgh Airport. Before calling him I checked and found that I could fly there from East Midlands for £45!! and could be there by 10am. I also enquired about adding it to my insurance its and so forth. Once everything was in place and I knew all the ins and outs..

I called him and when he asked me where I was, I told him and he immediately called me a time waster and hung up!!

I didn't call him back.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

There was a K1200 for sale. in Scotland, it ticked every box. Handily for me, the seller was just a couple of miles from Edinburgh Airport. Before calling him I checked and found that I could fly there from East Midlands for £45!! and could be there by 10am. I also enquired about adding it to my insurance its and so forth. Once everything was in place and I knew all the ins and outs..

I called him and when he asked me where I was, I told him and he immediately called me a time waster and hung up!!

I didn't call him back.

Sounds like you encountered a Pretentious Beemer Fuckwit Tony!

• Haha 2

Ducati Superlight, 900SS/SL. When this bike hit the showroom I spent half an hour staring at it and running the numbers in my head. I was still paying off my 907ie and couldn't handle two payments. I should have sold the 907 but didn't. Oh well... it was a one year only model in the USA. Had I known that, I may have sprung for it. 

I've owned three 900ss's since then. I'm considering building a tribute bike with the same body work but different details (944cc, FCRs, Ohlins shock, differnt wheels, etc) or even selling my 851 and buying a real one. 

Could very well be my favorite street going Ducati...

SL.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

Ducati Superlight, 900SS/SL. When this bike hit the showroom I spent half an hour staring at it and running the numbers in my head.....

And it's in the proper Ducati color; yeller.

• Like 1

Z1000R Eddie Lawson Replica, 1984 was the year, took a test ride but the gixxer 550 had already got me to 9 points so I sold that and got a Jap import pre production DR800 from “Bat Motorcycles?” who were importing all sorts of weird stuff at the time. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Earache said:

And it's in the proper Ducati color; yeller.

In the USA that's the only color they came in. It was also the reason I had Larry find me a yellow 996 instead of buying the red one they had in stock. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

In the USA that's the only color they came in. It was also the reason I had Larry find me a yellow 996 instead of buying the red one they had in stock. 

Smart man.

• Like 1