E10 Fuel!

XTreme

I'm starting to see this at the pumps now!

Seems some older bikes may have problems with it though.......and it can go off in your tank a lot quicker than the E5 we use now.

So if you leave bikes standing for extended periods it could cause problems.ย I'll stick with the E5 for as long as I can.

There's a compatibility list HERE!

Fucked you are, every small engine will be a nightmare to keep running after you start using that chit. Mark my words, its to make you want to go electric.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tym said:

Fucked you are, every small engine will be a nightmare to keep running after you start using that chit. Mark my words, its to make you want to go electric.

Just checked and apparently E5 is expected to be removed from the pumps in September 2026.

But only the 97ย octane version!

So we should get another 5 years!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Clive said:

My car can use E10....โ€ฆ.....if I keep it.๐Ÿ˜•

I asked about it on ButtRider and I got this answer.

"BMW specify all models going back many many years are compatible with E10, that includes all year models of the 650GS, that means no issues with plastics, fuel lines, seals etc so dont pay any attention to any scare stories that may be floating around, they are just misinformation

I have been using Oz E10 RON 95 in my single spark Dakar for over 5 years but I have the BMSC programmed for RON95 which cant be done on the dual spark models as there is no firmware for RON95, the single spark RON91 did not like E10 RON91, it seemed to get grumpy round town.

I would expect the dual spark RON91 firmware to be a lot better than the single spark firmware so I would not expect any issues to arise."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tym said:

The real issue is how fast it gows bad. Get to love fuel stabilizers.

What tym said.ย  It's when you leave a bike standing for a while that you can have issues, otherwise it's no big deal if it's used frequently.

After next month all of my bikes could be left standing for up to 6 months so I will be putting fuel stabilizer in all of them.

• Like 2

I started my bike over the weekend and its only running on 2 or 3 cylinders but I'm sure it will clear up ๐Ÿคž it has been best part of 4 months since its turned a wheel in anger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

I started my bike over the weekend and its only running on 2 or 3 cylinders but I'm sure it will clear up ๐Ÿคž it has been best part of 4 months since its turned a wheel in anger

Casual.๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

I started my bike over the weekend and its only running on 2 or 3 cylinders

It's a Kawasaki......you're lucky it's even running at all!

Tell him @Tym

• Haha 1

Mine was the retro model (K reg) the F2N........not that fast, but fast enough, and as simple as a house brick, so easy to service and work on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had a CB750F1 sold it for ยฃ350ย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

August 1st 1976......brand new F1. ยฃ1067 otr.

OAX 590R bought from Leslie Griffiths Motorcycles in Bridgend!

f1.jpg.4b3f4575ae3f9b12b571b1998d7af226.jpgย 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

August 1st 1976......brand new F!.

You posh twat. mine came in kit form, i bought it from some guy all in cardboard boxes and had to build it myself the only thing new was the seat which he said cost ยฃ300 which is less than what i paid him for the whole bikeย :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You posh twat. mine came in kit form, i bought it from some guy all in cardboard boxes and had to build it myself the only thing new was the seat which he said cost ยฃ300 which is less than what i paid him for the whole bikeย :classic_laugh:

I was gutted I bought it a month later.......cos Suzuki launched the GS750 and it was a far better bike!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

August 1st 1976......brand new F1. ยฃ1067 otr.

9 years 13 days before I was born, am I making you feel old yet ๐Ÿ˜†

• Like 1
  • Haha 2