Getting the bike ready for the trip around Portugal

Sofia

So tomorrow I shall join @Pedro for a trip around Portugal. Fingers crossed for not to much rain, many nice roads and plenty of great evenings chatting while enjoying good food and good wine!! 

I made 2 little videos while loading tge bike in the garage. Its not great quality, for sure no where near @Grasshopper's Ride cinematographic excelence!! Its just a little amusing rambling of my part. 

Its the first time I have ever done this and it shows! Anyway, its just me talking to you!! Thanks for watching! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Good effort on carrying the little bags with small volume this time. Like packing a donkey, I like it.

Carrying an umbrella? 
Dog Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The umbrella will save the day!! 

• Like 1

Cool vids, you have a very beautiful voice it was so nice to hear it! :littleguy:

Whoever owns that grey car needs me to test drive it to poland and back...lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I think your first time videos were fun. :littleguy: 

I would love to be getting ready for a trip right now, so be sure to share lots of photos from your travels.

Have a safe and fun trip! :wave:

Where would you like to go? 

Pedro will take many much better then me and you can count on a good supply frm him!! 

Will do my best to keep safe, portuguese insurence is rubbish.....

Kiss

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Where would you like to go? 

Pedro will take many much better then me and you can count on a good supply frm him!! 

Will do my best to keep safe, portuguese insurence is rubbish.....

Kiss

I would head north through British Columbia and into the Rocky Mountains. 

The valleys are filled with wild flowers this time of year as the snow has melted.  I would wild camp in the forest and enjoy a few camp fires. ?  ahhhhhhh

I had a feeling you would say Pedro will take lots of pics, and I'm sure he will capture some lovely shots, but you have an eye for beauty too, everyone does.  Don't discount your ability, I'm sure you will get some nice photos too. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Cool vids, you have a very beautiful voice it was so nice to hear it! :littleguy:

Whoever owns that grey car needs me to test drive it to poland and back...lol

Thank you!!

@Tymwhy poland?? Sorry, but my little car is only driven by me.... In 20 years only 3 people drove it, and one was my dad. Its just my weakest link!!!

12 minutes ago, Sofia said:

@Tymwhy poland?? 

Figured Pete needed a ride there and with my guns they cant lock us down, just need a fast car for when i have to outrun the cops!

?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tym said:

Figured Pete needed a ride there and with my guns they cant lock us down, just need a fast car for when i have to outrun the cops!

?

Always up for a spot of kidnapping Tym! :littleguy:

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Always up for a spot of kidnapping Tym! :littleguy:

With the right people, things go smoothly, or they go so bad you still have a chance...lol

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I would head north through British Columbia and into the Rocky Mountains. 

The valleys are filled with wild flowers this time of year as the snow has melted.  I would wild camp in the forest and enjoy a few camp fires. ?  ahhhhhhh

I had a feeling you would say Pedro will take lots of pics, and I'm sure he will capture some lovely shots, but you have an eye for beauty too, everyone does.  Don't discount your ability, I'm sure you will get some nice photos too. ?

My best friend has a brother thst lives and works in Alberta and we had planned to go to the Rockys and then Alaska. She did it with her Dad, but I got styck in Germany... We still have many plans for Canada, she has a bike there permanently, so we will do it!! 

Now, wild camping... I did it last year for the first time, but no tent, just the car that is big enouth for a king mattress! It didnt go very well because a guy came after 10pm and started bathing in the dam nacked and dhowing his jowels in front of his headlights.... My dogs went bananas everytime they saw his daggling bits!! I just laughed very hard till it was all too dodgy and I left. Saying that, its less scary then a big bear!! ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Sofia said:

My best friend has a brother thst lives and works in Alberta and we had planned to go to the Rockys and then Alaska. She did it with her Dad, but I got styck in Germany... We still have many plans for Canada, she has a bike there permanently, so we will do it!! 

Now, wild camping... I did it last year for the first time, but no tent, just the car that is big enouth for a king mattress! It didnt go very well because a guy came after 10pm and started bathing in the dam nacked and dhowing his jowels in front of his headlights.... My dogs went bananas everytime they saw his daggling bits!! I just laughed very hard till it was all too dodgy and I left. Saying that, its less scary then a big bear!! ??

When you do make that trip to Canada, I would love to meet up and ride for a bit.  :littleguy:

Wow, I have been camping all my life and never had an experience like yours.....?  Which I am very ok with....lol

I have had a bear outside my tent a few times, once I could hear the nose smelling everything and that was an interesting experience.

Hope the start of your trip has gone well and the sun came out! ?

• Like 3

Wish I could do this - I always pack and load my bike about 7 minutes before take off time. Never sure I have all that I need. But always have the debit card ready to buy shit on the road that I forgot.

• Like 2

On 26/04/2021 at 22:02, Grasshopper's Ride said:

When you do make that trip to Canada, I would love to meet up and ride for a bit.  :littleguy:

Wow, I have been camping all my life and never had an experience like yours.....?  Which I am very ok with....lol

I have had a bear outside my tent a few times, once I could hear the nose smelling everything and that was an interesting experience.

Hope the start of your trip has gone well and the sun came out! ?

When you say "interesting" im assuming "worried"?!

My friend Barbara, the one that goes to Canada riding, always wants to stop to photograph them, so I have told her Im not stopping abd I'll master all my skills to ride away as fast as possible!! 

The Sun as come out, but many showers as well. Its April, thats how it goes!! But beautiful landscapes and very remote locations with a lot of charecter. @Pedrofinds real jowels road wise and keeps taking amazing pictures. His images for BOTM will be tough to beat this time, many good choices. 

• Like 1