Wet Feet (foot)

boboneleg

So it was my chance to get out today for my first trail ride since early November.  Socially distanced of course, only three of us and all firmly in the 'old fart ' category  :classic_unsure:

Tim hasn't been on a trail ride for over 10 years , so he turns up on a 2 year old KTM 350 and then in conversation throws in that he was the winner in the over 60's enduro category last year , so we now have a ringer ?

Anyway, we set off doing the lanes on and around the A37 in Somerset, most were quite dry for this time of the year..........

IMG_8555.thumb.JPEG.ff94847a9ba6efb093839566cdeeb402.JPEG

IMG_8556.thumb.JPEG.11e7558fc07b1505c862e0bf50d60c12.JPEG

We passed the time of day with several horse riders that were out, one young lady exclaimed 'there's a lot of you out today'  , I suppose some of the horse riders have still been out during lockdown and I don't blame them as they are only riding locally and now they're surprised to see bikes out on the lanes again.

Some 'nature' here for Michelle, if you look closely you can see primroses growing on the bank of this sunken lane...............

IMG_8551.thumb.JPEG.5a84a62e4e7cb33c96625425e5a16347.JPEG

I do like a ford crossing and my mate Tone takes a damned fine photo.............

1fd877b4-f057-4ddc-be34-8ce4af89bac1.thumb.jpg.2f42f1b62426c5faf519e2ea877ff29f.jpg

Time for a break after the ford, out with the sandwiches, flasks of coffee and a good old chinwag..............

IMG_8557.thumb.JPEG.e60dd65611c16dbc4b60148870e6adee.JPEG

So on one of the last lanes of the day we come to a ford (of sorts) and have a look at it from the safety of the bridge.  Now in the past we've ridden through it with no problem whatsoever , it was hard to gauge the depth as the water was murky but I decided to go for it.

The water turned out to be no problem at all but the surface underneath was pure silt. I stalled and when i put my leg down it sunk into about a foot of water and then a foot of silt.  Thank god , big Tone waded in and steadied the bike while I got off and then it took all three of us to pull it back out.  As we rode the rest of the lane I could harly ride as the weight of the water in my boot was pulling my leg off so I had to make a stop to sort things out :wank4az:

Anyway , no fish or any other aquatic life were harmed while I made my feck up.  I returned home to my garage and spent the next hour on 'leg maintenance' 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Anyway , no fish or any other aquatic life were harmed while I made my feck up.  I returned home to my garage and spent the next hour on 'leg maintenance' 

IMG_8559.thumb.JPEG.f79d1b2f9600c8fa8c70fae03ac49c4c.JPEG

IMG_8558.thumb.JPEG.ff6623dbceeafea55d9fb0c40e52019e.JPEG

IMG_8561.thumb.JPEG.debcd443a6f739a9143c2b7b177d024a.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mawsley said:

You want me to post pictures of my strap-on? I can absolutely do those uploads.

That was a funny retort. ?

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

I never noticed that!

@boboneleg......why is there nail varnish on that foot? :classic_unsure:

It’s red felt tip (sharpie), it’s too long a story but a young lady who saw my painted nails wanted to kiss them .

There’s some feckin weirdos about ?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wanna know if the nails match on the other foot?

That water pics got to be in BOTM for April!

The answer is no, but I do have a tattoo to match my leg

F1506508-141F-48FB-9FD1-C6FEABF54BBA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The answer is no, but I do have a tattoo to match my leg

F1506508-141F-48FB-9FD1-C6FEABF54BBA.jpeg

What happens when they come out with a new model leg that you would use? Do you get a new tat too? ?

1 minute ago, Tym said:

What happens when they come out with a new model leg that you would use? Do you get a new tat too? ?

I figured that I’m too old now for them to give me a new model, I’ll keep this one ☝️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

So how did the ktm350 dude do afterall?

Looks like you properly missed being out getting muddy.

Tim did ace, that bike is a great bike to ride.  It's exceptionally dry here for March/April

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 12:08, XTreme said:

Hilary Duff Laughing GIF by YoungerTV

Fucking brilliant Bob.......you don't get this shit on ButtRider!

@Mawsley......you fucking wannabe.....this is how it's done!

:rofl::rofl:

That is the most absolutely perfect reply ever! Well done Pete.Top man, class and all the rest of that bullshit :littleguy:

And my hats off to you as well Bob. Great one, i would have paid money to watch that in person.

• Haha 3