Last Weekend of March!

XTreme

Weather looking pretty good here!

240406629_Screenshot2021-03-26123820.jpg.1e33f1aee4fe02511c8b06123eaa65ee.jpg

Can't say the same for mobility though.....I still can't cross into Almeria to get my tea bags! :classic_sad:

So I expect to be out Styling and Profiling Saturday and Sunday......with Ride Reports to validate my claims!

None of this circumnavigated the globe ten times on a unicycle but got no pictures shit on my watch.

So who else is stepping up to the plate to show everybody that we're not a low quality, low rent motorcycling forum as has been alleged?

• Like 3

Still in lockdown this weekend but we are free to travel as form Monday (but not into Wales :classic_sad:)  So my weekend will probably involve catalouging a load of Honda and BMW  manuals that I bought ready to list on eBay etc.

IMG_8469.thumb.JPEG.2da9850949b7219f534d8b55094af2e5.JPEG

• Like 4

Today is cloudy but not raining, yet..... 

So I think I will take Charlotte for a ride.  Then she needs some maintenance already, as I have almost done 1000km.

First oil change for her, always an exciting time in a young bike's life. :littleguy:  I love the feeling of driving a vehicle for the first time after an oil change, is that weird?  Regardless, it's very nice. ?

Her chain also needs some attention and I have a new stand that just arrived that I can figure out.  Fun times in rural Canada! 

74FDD417-5B6C-4436-B083-24CD261DA9DF_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

So who else is stepping up to the plate to show everybody that we're not a low quality, low rent motorcycling forum as has been alleged?

How much more is needed before it turns from “alleged” to proven? Asking for a friend ?

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Today is cloudy but not raining, yet..... 

So I think I will take Charlotte for a ride.  Then she needs some maintenance already, as I have almost done 1000km.

First oil change for her, always an exciting time in a young bike's life. :littleguy:  I love the feeling of driving a vehicle for the first time after an oil change, is that weird?  Regardless, it's very nice. ?

Her chain also needs some attention and I have a new stand that just arrived that I can figure out.  Fun times in rural Canada! 

74FDD417-5B6C-4436-B083-24CD261DA9DF_1_201_a.jpeg

Oh I’ve got one of those. Don’t think it works the same way though cos it’s red. 
And I’ve never used it ??

• Haha 1

had planned a lightning trip to Lyon to see bro in Law before we get locked down again but I've had the rug pulled out from under me by shutting down Lyon before us!  As per usual, my case doesen't fit in any of the boxes that need to be ticked, there's plenty info on being allowed to visit old people in nursing homes for their mental health, that's fine but he's only 37 and its not a retirement or nursing home. There's provision made for visiting handicapped people who are vulnerable or isolated. he's not isolated or vulnerable cos he's in a home.... there is no mention made of being allowed, or not, to visit a handicapped adult in a medicalised care centre.  

If I can't do that I'll go riding again before they take that away too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MooN said:

had planned a lightning trip to Lyon to see bro in Law before we get locked down again but I've had the rug pulled out from under me by shutting down Lyon before us!  As per usual, my case doesen't fit in any of the boxes that need to be ticked, there's plenty info on being allowed to visit old people in nursing homes for their mental health, that's fine but he's only 37 and its not a retirement or nursing home. There's provision made for visiting handicapped people who are vulnerable or isolated. he's not isolated or vulnerable cos he's in a home.... there is no mention made of being allowed, or not, to visit a handicapped adult in a medicalised care centre.  

If I can't do that I'll go riding again before they take that away too.

Pretty sure anyone would say visiting a handicapped person in a home was ok. TBH so long as the home is willing to accommodate the visit I’d just go and if stopped say it’s been pre-approved by the home, any queries contact them.
Then again if I thought it was needed no f*cker on earth that would stop me seeing my brother so I’m probably not dispensing the soundest advice! ?

BTW what’s the fine over there?

I just got the tip off about some abandoned devastation on the outskirts of the Sierra de Baza!

Got the lat and long coordinates so trying to get an idea of how difficult it is to access.

By the couple of pics I've seen this could be impressive. If I can get to it without walking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

How long before you're fit to ride Tym?

I asked, they said i could start driving when the drugs wore off, riding was driving to them they didnt know the difference tbh, so based on the way i feel right now in a few years is my best guess...lol

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Saturdays weather looks ok but i think there will be too many fuctards out after the lockdown so i think ill give it a miss, however Sundays weather looks shit here so i'll probably go for a ride as only the really dumb fucktards will be out in that so it wont be busy where i ride :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

i'll probably go for a ride as only the really dumb fucktards will be out in that

Yep......riding with the really dumb fucktards is where it's at!

kramer GIF

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tym said:

I asked, they said i could start driving when the drugs wore off, riding was driving to them they didnt know the difference tbh, so based on the way i feel right now in a few years is my best guess...lol

In the UK driving or exercise after abdominal surgery is 6 weeks because it can take that long for muscle to adequately mesh back together. Performing an emergency stop in a vehicle or exercise can pull things apart. But I dunno what youve had done, if they went through muscle, I’m guessing looking at the scar maybe they did. If so Id try to wait if you can, if youre impatient then just waiting a couple of weeks would help.

I have seen folk come back in with abdominal wounds reopened. This in no way applies to you (really Tym in no way) but it was impressive and sticks with me so I’m gonna share it anyway. One was an emergency caesarean incision (so an unusually large incision that lacked the usual finesse) and she was holding her innards in with her hand. Wasn’t her fault, she had a toddler as well as a new born and it’s impossible not to lift them. She felt it “going” a few times but it seems fine so she carried on until suddenly it really wasnt fine! She was ok in the end after a redo. Proper zombie apocalypse styley though!

• Like 1

My Pa used to take me to the ER when he was on call in the USAF.  he got away with having his kids around because Most of the time he either ran the whole clinic or hosp if he was the highest rank at that particular time and location,

Top man changes quick in the military however CYA at all times. :classic_unsure:

Got to see some pretty sad ways to die.

?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Eat your heart out @Sir Fallsalot! look what i got certified by medical professionls! no less...... sorry,the bad pic looks  blurry...or is it me....LOL

Also, nurse asked how i got a tan this time of year, i said thats my natural skin colour as i looked up like a wounded puppy*, she almost died from being on the wrong side of PCness.

I smiled she felt better. Good thing she dint do that on the internet.....ban hammer on Twitnut for sure?

_DSC1443.thumb.JPG.8f3f05b3e68baeddb4b9ad8110e22c79.JPG

*The wounded puppy look is one defensive action a male can take with a cute female nurse and not die from it. like not right away, soon if you;re not careful buddy as close to a little death in french as one can get, worth the try

Ca va? Way, ca va bien :littleguy:

• Haha 3

Not over here, when you are triaging multible gunshot victims vs all the other forms of needs our city type ER's resemble medivac clinics near the front lines of nam.

plenty of Time for dowdy during the flight to better facilites...that reminds me of a medivac flight we took in the 60's coming back from Japan using SpaceA.

Never mind i dint want to be reminded, when they shut the door, mum fainted from the smell of death.

• Like 2

Well, what a nice shiny box you have @XTreme  :littleguy:

It looks.......ummmmm, really good, not awkward at all.... ? 

Not everyone can pull off the "party in the back top box" like you!  ?

Looks like the weather was lovely!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2