The Return of Dark Motorcycling!

XTreme

Just went out to do a few miles because the weather looks like it's going to be a complete wipeout over the next few weeks.

So there I was......wobbling along some rural backroad in Dagosville and I caught sight of something way back from the road.

I'd never noticed it before.....and it appeared to be an abandoned industrial unit. 

The faded signs showed that it had previously been used for the manufacturing of plastics and metalwork! So in I went to check it out!

So here it is......The Return of Dark Motorcycling!

gs150.jpg

gs150a-min.jpg

gs150b-min.jpg

gs150c-min.jpg

gs150d-min.jpg

gs150e-min.jpg

gs151.jpg

gs151a-min.jpg

gs151b-min.jpg

gs151c-min.jpg

gs151d-min.jpg

gs151e-min.jpg

gs152a-min.jpg

gs152b-min.jpg

gs152c-min.jpg

gs152d-min.jpg

gs152f-min.jpg

gs153-min.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Swagman said:

That’s great, is there anything left working or still used in Spain or is the whole country like that.

The country is full of abandoned shit Keith......it's paradise for Dark Motorcycling! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just went out to do a few miles because the weather looks like it's going to be a complete wipeout over the next few weeks.

So there I was......wobbling along some rural backroad in Dagosville and I caught sight of something way back from the road.

I'd never noticed it before.....and it appeared to be an abandoned industrial unit. 

The faded signs showed that it had previously been used for the manufacturing of plastics and metalwork! So in I went to check it out!

So here it is......The Return of Dark Motorcycling!

gs150.jpg

gs150a-min.jpg

gs150b-min.jpg

gs150c-min.jpg

gs150d-min.jpg

gs150e-min.jpg

gs151.jpg

gs151a-min.jpg

gs151b-min.jpg

gs151c-min.jpg

gs151d-min.jpg

gs151e-min.jpg

gs152a-min.jpg

gs152b-min.jpg

gs152c-min.jpg

gs152d-min.jpg

gs152f-min.jpg

gs153-min.jpg

most of that looks a decent building

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

most of that looks a decent building

Yeh......it wasn't the usual old and eerie scenario that I prefer.

But better than just riding round aimlessly for no reason.....cos I always need an endpoint.

7 minutes ago, Tym said:

Make a nice garage. ?

I thought there might be a few dead hookers laying round.......or even some flesh eating zombies on the rampage!

But I drew the short straw again.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, its always interesting to explore things like this.....what is meant by "dark motorcycling"?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gary said:

Thanks for sharing, its always interesting to explore things like this.....what is meant by "dark motorcycling"?  

Hi Gary.....it's a combination of Motorcycling, Dark Tourism, and Urbex.

I've got loads of similar ride reports on here from abandoned villages, abandoned railway stations, abandoned factories etc.

• Like 1

We do that here!

Place known as the Beta Factory, outside Las Vegas, just across the state line into California:

IMG_4660.thumb.JPG.1a246f1aa5dd91ef2a53d3ea4eb4d7ca.JPGIMG_4673.thumb.JPG.34ee3f2ecbff3345fe232cb4c95099f4.JPGIMG_4672.thumb.JPG.8efe02c18814dfc33a0dd0399d6ed466.JPGIMG_4670.thumb.JPG.b2c32215d5737eb916b08bf72291dbab.JPG

And, the reason its called the "Beta Factory"?  Named by the friend of a guy who thinks Betas are the only bike!  Oh, and because the men's room is "adorned"

IMG_4667.thumb.JPG.aaf2265cfa028cea85cf32916d086121.JPGIMG_4669.thumb.JPG.1b2d2a1ff66158f18d2dbbfa9e9f8ee2.JPGIMG_4655.thumb.JPG.a41b4fb4314e57f50b53762e96250267.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Great stuff. The skeletal animal and man on the outside of the building are pretty impressive, I mean how exactly did they get up there to do it? Takes some commitment to your art.

You weren't impressed by the dicks? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Great stuff. The skeletal animal and man on the outside of the building are pretty impressive, I mean how exactly did they get up there to do it? Takes some commitment to your art.

The mill has been decommissioned and the owners hired an artist to come do that work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There are always dicks anywhere you go :classic_biggrin:

Isnt there always? ?  (i usually take mine wherever i go)

• Haha 1