Coming from Behind!

XTreme

Calm down......it's just a cheap clickbait title to get your attention for something important! Though we are, in fact, coming from behind.

Because as you know we're much younger (10 months) than most other forums out there. So we can't match those sites in terms of numbers of members, or quantity of posts. 

In that respect we're the poor relation! But I've always felt that quality rather than quantity is the yardstick by which all forums should be judged.

The thing is, on many forums there's people talking away about bikes, and many of them appear to have a lot of knowledge on the subject. They know everything, and they've done everything! But in reality......do they?

I've met up with some in real life and they don't know shit and can't ride for shit! And I expect you have too. 

So how do you know if people are the real deal or just internet bullshitters? In my opinion it's Ride Reports! Cos you're seeing people actually doing what they're talking about! They've talked the talk......and now they're walking the walk.

Which brings me to this place! Did you know that in the first 6 weeks of 2021 we've clocked up THIRTY Ride Reports! And those Ride Reports came from EIGHT different countries: US, UK, Spain, France, Canada, Portugal, Australia, and New Zealand.

That is very impressive indeed......and it blitzes every other UK/EU based forum out there from what I can see. Well done everybody! 

And @Clive, @Swagman, @Richzx6r, @Mawsley, and @skyrider........I'm sure you'll be surprised to know that on another forum they haven't even managed one so far this year! 

Now what's the word I'm looking for?

casual GIF

Truly......this place is Where the Big Boys Play!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Oh god......I'll have to spend the rest of this thread apologising for @Bruce and @Sir Fallsalot now! 

Now come on, you can not group Fred in with Bruce.

Fred is nothing but a gentleman to me.....just a nice guy expressing himself! :littleguy: 

Where as Bruce is always sticking his butt in my hands looking for a squeeze...?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Where as Bruce is always sticking his butt in my hands looking for a squeeze

Yes Michelle......but you're old news now he's spotted Shania Twain's drummer! :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Yes Michelle......but you're old news now he's spotted Shania Twain's drummer! :classic_laugh:

Old news.....?  well it was fun while it lasted, or we can pretend it was at least.

I just don't have the right parts these days....   :rofl:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Ive just checked it out with a magnifying glass and it appears I’m in the wrong place. 

We need Scooter Ride Reports Dave.

Get your fat ass down to Brighton and go and twat some fucker with a deckchair!

That would go viral and really put us on the map.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

We need Scooter Ride Reports Dave.

Get your fat ass down to Brighton and go and twat some fucker with a deckchair!

That would go viral and really put us on the map.

and he will have to wear a fish tail parka ?

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

Swaggy is your man! Buck would be hopeless. He doesn't have a working camera to stage it. I have a working camera but no bike to stage it. Of course I would be very happy to lend a bike, rag it to death and then hide my transgressions with a clossal wipeout and fire if there are any kind souls that would lend me a bike. ?

I have a push bike here if you want to borrow it @Bruce.

16 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

You’ll have to make do with the report I’ve done on the Tiger. It’ll probably win awards - if there are awards for proper hardcore adventure tales.

Absolutely! :littleguy:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, glitch_oz said:

use a dark theme/ background to really bring out the pics.

Yes it does enhance pics glitch.......but it can get taxing on the eyes in terms of reading text. Particularly on mobile.

• Like 1

Is it possible to post pics on this site using code? As in, I have a bunch of pics hosted on my website. Typically when I post any of them on a forum I paste the link to their location with image tags. But unless I'm mistaken I can't do that here? 

Kind of a bummer because for a lot of things I know where they are on my site, but not whichever hard drive they may be on at home...

Hmm... I just clicked the "Other MEdia" option and found I coul dpost links, but they have to be from an https source... I never upgraded and am still at http so probably not gonna work. 

Oh well...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

Is it possible to post pics on this site using code? As in, I have a bunch of pics hosted on my website. Typically when I post any of them on a forum I paste the link to their location with image tags. But unless I'm mistaken I can't do that here? 

Kind of a bummer because for a lot of things I know where they are on my site, but not whichever hard drive they may be on at home...

Hmm... I just clicked the "Other MEdia" option and found I coul dpost links, but they have to be from an https source... I never upgraded and am still at http so probably not gonna work. 

Oh well...

Yes.....they need to be https. That's been the case since Google laid the law down in 2015.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2021 at 22:39, Bruce said:

True. I'm thinking of all the software and programs that I've had that relied on Flash. All the great apps that were first developed for android that now wont work because of blanket security measures, etc etc

Tightenning things up so they squeak has made for a huge loss in functionality. Next stop we'll all be Apple addicts, that panacea for the IT illiterate

O good better for illiterate me.