Summer gloves

Buckster

Yes I know, it’s bitch ass cold out there but I want some new summer gloves and this is a good time to buy with a discount. 

I almost bought some lightweight Alpinestars as I ran a pair for a few years before they disintegrated but I have heard bad things about the construction on the newer stuff. 

Criteria includes decent ventilation, very short cuff, preferably leather palm, hard wearing and reasonable protection. Not bothered about touch screen fingers and whatnot. Must be available in 2xl or 3xl as I have man sized hands. I want something that will last as there is nothing more annoying than getting a pair of gloves broken in and then having the fall apart after a season. 

So what are you turds using or have had good results from, price is not a governing factor although I don’t want to go crazy.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Yes I know, it’s bitch ass cold out there but I want some new summer gloves and this is a good time to buy with a discount. 

I almost bought some lightweight Alpinestars as I ran a pair for a few years before they disintegrated but I have heard bad things about the construction on the newer stuff. 

Criteria includes decent ventilation, very short cuff, preferably leather palm, hard wearing and reasonable protection. Not bothered about touch screen fingers and whatnot. Must be available in 2xl or 3xl as I have man sized hands. I want something that will last as there is nothing more annoying than getting a pair of gloves broken in and then having the fall apart after a season. 

So what are you turds using or have had good results from, price is not a governing factor although I don’t want to go crazy.

No good asking me......I just buy cheap shit on eBay and use them till they fall apart.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

WTF, how are you wearing gloves out so fast.  You don't even ride a bike , well perhaps once a year on a sunny sunday :classic_unsure:

I ride mine you gimp.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Your last ride report was when you had your KTM640  was it not ?

I think the last ride report I did was when I rode coast to coast on the Harley. I’m not really big on ride reports, I have a life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I used to have Alpinestars leather summer gloves as well, they were great.

My fingers are a little too long for my palm size, so the fitting of gloves is usually too short, which makes for numbness after a while even if they don't feel that tight. Meaning what I like might not be what anyone else likes.

I have been using Dainese light textile gloves, they were the only thing I liked in the summer here in Portugal, https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/pt_PT/?ObjectID=201945782&ViewAction=ViewProduct  and along with some inner silk gloves they are great for mild winter, not a lot of protection though, if any. They are for the ride, not for the slide.

They do fade and break apart quickly, I think after 10 to 15000km I felt like a new pair, which wasn't bad because they're cheap. Dainese changed the model so they aren't as summery as before. Looking for more protection I switched to some leather ones and tried the Rev'it Sand 3 ones, and although I really liked the leather and the way they felt around the fingers, a couple of stitches around the base of the thumb were too tight on one hand, and hurt after a while. https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/pt_PT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Revit-Sand-3-Gloves/SubProducts/Revit-Sand-3-Gloves-0005 Try them, but see if you can try them on before buying, I think there is some variation on their quality control.

I liked that they have outside seams on the palm side of the fingers. All gloves should be like that.

Tried some BMW Rally gloves on a dealer, and bought those, they're really good and comfy, with a soft leather palm and outside facing stitches as well. Might not be a brand you like to wear but they do come in full black, which makes them discrete and not "90s BMW styling". Buying a size that is a little snug in width around the fingers is ideal as they will give after a few rides. I did find there was a small difference in fitment between the black 2020 model and the colored ones they already made the previous year, the other ones fit me better. 

I did the mistake of soaking them in cold water last year, riding in 41º heat, and my hands turned blue from the  ink they lost, now the leather is looking a little faded but that's something I can cope with.

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/rallye-gloves/

• Like 1

I was thinking about Knox Handroid but they can be a little warm as the ventilation is not that good, the hand protection on the Harley is very good so I need gloves with decent ventilation.

I've been wearing Dainese 4 Stroke gloves for a few years now - on my 3rd pair. I started with them as there were available in a 3XL for my big hands. Stayed with them as they fit great, are comfy and last a long time.

Like most things Dainese,. they ain't exactly cheap, but I feel they're worth it.

4-stroke-2-gloves.jpg

39 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

For what it is worth, I have used Alpinestars leather summer gloves and they are very nice.  The construction seems good and they are really comfortable after a few rides. 

are they for off road riding and if so do you have any photos  ?

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

are they for off road riding and if so do you have any photos  ?

Always happy to share a photo when asked nicely! :littleguy:

They are actually more street gloves but I wear them off road too.  Nicely vented. 

DEA512B7-A2CE-4682-A4EE-76EF7969EF0C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

I've been using theses for years and with the heated grips i can get through the winter with them as well but sadly cant get hold of them anymore and the nearest things to it a double the price 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tech-7-Cyber-Summer-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Leather-Gloves-Black-Red-XS/132288563487?hash=item1ecd03491f:g:8CgAAOSwWhRZiY2h&var=431753948881

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

They are actually more street gloves but I wear them off road too.  Nicely vented. 

great thanks for the photos, they look good safe gloves plenty of protection ? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Are you missing half your little finger on your left hand?

• Haha 1