Motorcycle Show Earls Court London 1972

XTreme

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sorry but that was never me , feckin Grebos .

Grebos were the guys without bikes who hung round with Greasers (who had bikes).

Well that was the interpretation in Swansea.

I did a search on Wikipedia about how Greasers were the evolution of Rockers! HERE!

In the early 1970s, the British rocker and hardcore motorcycle scene fractured and evolved under new influences coming from California: the hippies and the Hells Angels.[29] The remaining rockers became known as greasers, and the scene had all but died out.

I think the brits have a very particular way of hanging out in groups, not more or less but quite different to other european nationalities that I know of. I don't think it's anything to do with having wide open spaces or not, it's just a different group mentality.

This opinion is not particularly restricted to motorcycles, but car enthusiasts, football fans, music band fans, etc, the group's enjoyment of being part of a group seems to be different over there.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

I think the brits have a very particular way of hanging out in groups, not more or less but quite different to other european nationalities that I know of. I don't think it's anything to do with having wide open spaces or not, it's just a different group mentality.

This opinion is not particularly restricted to motorcycles, but car enthusiasts, football fans, music band fans, etc, the group's enjoyment of being part of a group seems to be different over there.

Very tribal Pedro!

When I were a lad in a leather jacket, the word for us was Grobs. This was applied to bike jacketed people who liked certain music, nothing to do with motorbikes, although a lot of them had one. The word is used on the small writing on the back of the Iron Maiden album from the 80s (Number of the Beast I think).

13 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

When I were a lad in a leather jacket, the word for us was Grobs. This was applied to bike jacketed people who liked certain music, nothing to do with motorbikes, although a lot of them had one. The word is used on the small writing on the back of the Iron Maiden album from the 80s (Number of the Beast I think).

I was one of them as well then Yen:classic_laugh:

On 11/02/2021 at 14:10, Bruce said:

I see what you mean. Full of teenagers wide eyed and drooling. Times have changed. Go to a bike show these days and it's all middle aged men and older looking for something to respark their virility

just like i have said before, you turn up at a bike meet and more often than not when the guys take their helmets off they have grey hair, it doesn't seem to be a young peoples pastime anymore ?

• Like 1