Getting Brutally Murdered on a Rideout!

XTreme

Now that's a Clickbait title if ever there was! I'm referring to a strange phenomenon that's been happening to me over the last year or two.

No......not actually getting brutally murdered on a Rideout.......people worrying that I'm going to get brutally murdered on a Rideout.

So why do they think this? Well it's a combination of the strange places I get to like Abandoned Villages, Railway Stations, Factories, Warehouses etc........and me being an OAP.

I don't get that response on here, but I used to get it on another forum! In fact @Richzx6r was one of those who was always concerned for my safety!

I get inundated with it on FB groups though! In fact one Romanian guy in the UK who's a FB friend is moving to Spain this year and he's told me that he's going to act as my bodyguard on these trips.  And he's a huge guy and ex Romanian military! Got this image in my mind of him turning up with AK47's or something! :classic_unsure:

So does anybody else get this sort of thing? And why do none of the people who've known me for years have this pathological fear of me getting brutally murdered on a Rideout? While everybody else does! :classic_wacko:

confused ryan reynolds GIF

• Like 3

Eastern europeans are a little more used to violence (proper violence and war, not fisticuffs on a saturday night) and bodyguards in a way that is quite difficult for a western european to comprehend, I guess their home countries endured a lot of ugliness recently. 

I wouldn't be hanging around those deserted buildings in the middle of nowhere, but that might be more because they're creepy and haunted.

Seriously now, being older I think you should watch out for riding in sunny over 40º heat more than being murdered, specially away from roads. That's a nice way to turn a slow speed tumble or a little mechanical issue into a proper adventure.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

a slow speed tumble

Not going to happen Pedro! I don't crash at low speeds.....never have!

My last one was in 1978 at 110mph........I wouldn't accept anything less now! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Not going to happen Pedro! I don't crash at low speeds.....never have!

My last one was in 1978 at 110mph........I wouldn't accept anything less now! :classic_laugh:

Not my point, Pete, I meant any kind of predicament that forces you to push yourself a little more. Like for example a bike falling on it's sidestand, I'm sure you must look at that BMW and wonder how it stays up :classic_laugh:

My point, extreme heat is way more likely to be an issue than violent murderers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not my point, Pete, I meant any kind of predicament that forces you to push yourself a little more. Like for example a bike falling on it's sidestand, I'm sure you must look at that BMW and wonder how it stays up :classic_laugh:

My point, extreme heat is way more likely to be an issue than violent murderers.

Yeh.....the heat is the danger for sure!

As you recall, I got caught back in the Summer when the wall of heat came down at 11AM not 2PM.

But you can't live your life over-analysing every possibility where something could go wrong......you just get on and do it.

And the thing is, most of us on here are at the stage where the words "Life in Prison" doesn't worry us one bit! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

I used to get something similar when I did my exploring stuff. 

Except for a few times I always went alone and got people banging on about how dangerous it was lurking about in abandoned buildings, mines, bunkers and hanging off sheer cliffs.

Weird that those who knew me in real life didn't give a shit- probably because they were looking forward to the wake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

I used to get something similar when I did my exploring stuff. 

Except for a few times I always went alone and got people banging on about how dangerous it was lurking about in abandoned buildings, mines, bunkers and hanging off sheer cliffs.

Weird that those who knew me in real life didn't give a shit- probably because they were looking forward to the wake.

You're not old though are you?

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....the heat is the danger for sure!

Carrying a water bottle or just having a good drink before is cheap insurance. I do like the heat but if you're in it you have to be smart if the need comes to do any exertion.

The heat is probably why all those brutal murderers moved away, it was very hard work.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Now that's a Clickbait title if ever there was! I'm referring to a strange phenomenon that's been happening to me over the last year or two.

No......not actually getting brutally murdered on a Rideout.......people worrying that I'm going to get brutally murdered on a Rideout.

So why do they think this? Well it's a combination of the strange places I get to like Abandoned Villages, Railway Stations, Factories, Warehouses etc........and me being an OAP.

I don't get that response on here, but I used to get it on another forum! In fact @Richzx6r was one of those who was always concerned for my safety!

I get inundated with it on FB groups though! In fact one Romanian guy in the UK who's a FB friend is moving to Spain this year and he's told me that he's going to act as my bodyguard on these trips.  And he's a huge guy and ex Romanian military! Got this image in my mind of him turning up with AK47's or something! :classic_unsure:

So does anybody else get this sort of thing? And why do none of the people who've known me for years have this pathological fear of me getting brutally murdered on a Rideout? While everybody else does! :classic_wacko:

confused ryan reynolds GIF

Not worried about you getting brutally murdered at all, it's more of a help the aged kinda thing, making sure that the doddery old gits like you are still alive and kicking before I make my bid to be included in the will should you go south ?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Clive said:

Deaf yes....but nowhere near doddery!?

So do I take from that that you haven't yet been Brutally Murdered on a Rideout to Mablethorpe Clive?

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So do I take from that that you haven't yet been Brutally Murdered on a Rideout to Mablethorpe Clive?

No Mablethorpe is full of old folks, no murders there they can’t even lift their zimmers.?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BusBoy said:

I think yer all need to get respectable and buy a boat now. You'll need one for the Viking funeral if you want entry to Valhalla :littleguy:

I have always wanted a Viking funeral....can I borrow your boat? ?

• Haha 3

I get this sort of thing ALL THE TIME......OH NO LADY ON BIKE......danger!

It is mostly from the Indian community I am around due to owing a Royal Enfield.  All the time, out of the blue I will get...

"oh ma'am be safe"

"ma'am seriously take care"

"be safety ma'am'

I know they mean well and are very kind hearted, but like they would know if I feel into a ditch and died after a logging truck flattened me.  

But hey thanks for caring. I have no intentions of hurting myself....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

FTFY  The number of times I've seen rozzers stop a gaggle of bikers only to be amused by the shock of white hair when the helmets are removed is numerous. Seems the old bastards get on the bike and become unruley teenagers again.

Yeah I think you are right every one you see when you’re out seems the same, big sports bike pulls up bloke gets off white haired old geezer.?

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I get this sort of thing ALL THE TIME......OH NO LADY ON BIKE......danger!

It is mostly from the Indian community I am around due to owing a Royal Enfield.  All the time, out of the blue I will get...

"oh ma'am be safe"

"ma'am seriously take care"

"be safety ma'am'

I know they mean well and are very kind hearted, but like they would know if I feel into a ditch and died after a logging truck flattened me.  

But hey thanks for caring. I have no intentions of hurting myself....?

• Haha 2

I get all sorts of shit from non biking friends.  How can you ride that bike with one leg, how can you ride up the side of that mountain, what are you doing out riding your motorcycle in the snow.

You have no idea what tomorrow might bring ,  so I'm doing this stuff while I can .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You have no idea what tomorrow might bring ,  so I'm doing this stuff while I can .

Damn right Bob!

And I freely admit that I now ride with more reckless abandon than when the kids were small.

I think you go through phases.....young and mad, married with kids (very careful), old and enthusiastic.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Damn right Bob!

And I freely admit that I now ride with more reckless abandon than when the kids were small.

I think you go through phases.....young and mad, married with kids (very careful), old and enthusiastic.

Having my little one hasnt slowed me down so much as I just chose slightly more about where I open it up

• Like 2