Cars that made you look like a Twat?

XTreme

No photographs of most of my 4 wheeled vehicles. So snips from google instead. Well there are two real pictures below, one is a bit embarrassing.

The first 4 wheeled vehicle I ever drove was a forklift truck, sort of like this one, with an embarrassing name. That was when I was 18. I didn't drive my first car officially until I was 22.

image.png.6ced925c68a0de11bab0bbfe55316442.png

Then after I passed my car test I got an ex Essex County Council Transit Truck. This sort of shape but rusty as buggery and bright yellow. Sold that for the same money I paid for it including dodgy MOT supplied by my then girlfriend's dad who's first name, even then, would get your head kicked in if you shouted it out loud in a pub. Let's just say it began with N and he shared it with Guy Gibson's dog.

image.png.c0b9fd1b5d0e5272c9836ff964918f56.png

Then I bought a 1968 Beetle in grim grey for 200 quid in 1988. Had it sprayed up in Ford Rosso Red after fitting new front wings and running boards and sold it for about £1500 a year later.

image.png.807bdd654d5f8fa8bc6146e19703b7ee.png

Then I got on my employers lease car scheme and took over my mates Ford XR2. Looked exactly like the screen grab below.

image.png.142f32169777e4d70c09db8d92557651.png

Then I swapped that for an XR2i. Now I do actually have a picture of that one. Taken because some fuckers stole 4 of my wheels.

image.png.ca07ade315385327a1d33166c8c8d87a.png

Managed to keep that quiet from the lease company and went carless for a few years until fatherhood made me buy my 2nd favourite car of all time, slow, odd starting habits, but I liked it, a Peugeot 405 estate.

image.png.e6f5c0cebcd4bc7e91bc5a6990651f71.png

Then I got a new Fiesta diesel, that thing flew. 1.8 or 1.9 engine from the Focus in a smaller lighter car. Got a bad back driving to Normandy and back in that. It was there at an unattended fuel station I discovered I didn't know what the French word for diesel was!!!!! Luckily a native hove into view and told me it was gazoil or something similar.

image.png.adbe9469f9856625ab9ac71c9a1becdf.png

Then a few years without a car and got a VW Golf diesel. I had my stroke the day after it was delivered and didn't drive it for 6 weeks as you get a min 4 week ban which in my case got extended by 2 weeks by my doctor.

image.png.2b56d83d7e8cf4b147833eca8d9ad65c.png

Then I got my current car which I bought in 2009 when it was about 9 months old. This one has been my favourite car so far, very slow, but I really like it. Passed its MOT today, after fitting a new front wiper blade as there was a small split in it. Here it is the day I bought it, not so shiny now as you can imagine with anything I own. As I tell everyone, if you're gonna have one, have a long'n! You have to set your watch and hour forwards if you sit in the back seat as it's in a different time zone.

image.png.d6074338346bc91544ec5101cce6bc29.png

image.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

At the age of thirteen a mother of a friend told me I could have, one like this, if I got it off the driveway.

image514976.jpg

Next was another almost freebie, £15 got me a Viva HB with a buggered clutch.

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/vauxhall/slides/Vauxhall Viva 1968 Deluxe 4-door front.jpg

I then get to my first legal car.

DSC06996.jpg

Stuck an Allegro 1100cc engine in with a Cooper head and gearbox, still slow.

After that was the normal Cortinas and fiestas etc. Nothing as bad as your lot.
Hated being seen in the Herald as it was a dog, plod kept catching me in the Viva so that had to go. Actually they took it off from me.:classic_laugh:

Had lots of fun in the Hornet though, posh mini.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

I've had some fucking horrors......and I'll start with this! It'll take some beating!

1968 Reliant Regal 3/25......which I had in 1971 driving it on a motorcycle licence.

0.jpg.430382a229314f19d5d9ed5c718c05af.jpg

And check out the spec......it had a 600cc engine and 25bhp! The G Force distorted my fucking face I can tell you!vintage-advertisement-for-the-british-reliant-regal-325-three-wheeled-saloon-car-2C23C94.jpg.8644e7e6e71154fc91228289f104fe2a.jpg

You got anything as embarrassing as that?

Probably not.......but let's see what you got!

I had a Robin 850 super van at 19 and didn't pass my test in a car until i was 24 it was all carpeted out in the back, I had some great times in it. I remember driving home from the Naval, a night club in Tonypandy with me my missus and 6 mates all pissed up in the back it was a little tight in there :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Just now, Lone Amigo said:

The only reason that car made me look like a twat was that it had the old cast iron Studebaker 6 in it and was super slow.

I mean, I had a reputation to maintain, ya know?

What is it Rog?

I slept in a Wolesley Hornet once when the girl I got off with wouldn't let me into her parents house.  I did get into the house in the morning though and her parents made me breakfast.....  result ?

I can confirm though that it's not a comfortable car to sleep in ?

DSC06996.jpg.cafcfdbd4a70dfcdbac5295cfd2e460e.jpg

• Like 2

I forgot I had this to use for about 6 months, it was my late dad's car and it was upsetting my mum on the drive outside her window after he passed away so I took it away. I green laned it a few times before selling it on and it was pretty good in proper gloop and super ruts. I thought about hanging on to it, but two cars take up too much room, you only need one to get spares for your bike.

image.png.98ddc44aec6b2879d5da28d890d2bab7.png

image.png.ce8887f43888da852565d279db91eb18.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

Wrong. Because my main competition for coolest car in high school was this:
image.png.012bec02f71c9494b6ff9b42d4f18652.png

Will you fuck off, here I am with my three wheeler and you turn up with this.??

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Because he practices it.?

You're the fucker who stole Bellend's wallet after he assfucked you!

Then you offered oral sex to @Richzx6r

Can't the Care Assistant's medicate you to get this deviant shit under control?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Stringfellows had fuck all on the Navel, this is some of the clientele from back in the day so as you can see i fitted right in :classic_laugh:

image.png.cd374ed5574eb3e9a52b7790cdf76580.png

Holy fuck.....that hair did everyone's hair trimmers break or something? and you lot called that style back then?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Stringfellows had fuck all on the Navel, this is some of the clientele from back in the day so as you can see i fitted right in :classic_laugh:

image.png.cd374ed5574eb3e9a52b7790cdf76580.png

You're really not doing us Welsh any favours posting pics like this Fred!

And I want to point out to everybody that I do not come from this part of Wales.....and have no connection whatsoever with any of these Mullet Heads! 

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

Holy fuck.....that hair did everyone's hair trimmers break or something? and you lot called that style back then?

He's made us all look like Twats now!

What you say @Specs?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And I want to point out to everybody that I do not come from this part of Wales.....and have no connection whatsoever with any of these Mullet Heads! 

What you on about pete the lad 2nd from right next to the fat lad bears an uncanny resemblance to a younger you?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That maybe so but you had a hair style that would fit right in :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2