Where I work.............

boboneleg

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It is a shit farm and it isn't. Its a new to the UK design for treating storm water before it goes out to the water courses, in this case the river Loughor. So if your ever down this way in your planet destroying tub you can thank me for helping keep the water quality good for your kids to swim in.

Well it needs it, as far as I remember that river goes through Pontarddulais and that's a complete shithole ?

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well it needs it, as far as I remember that river goes through Pontarddulais and that's a complete shithole ?

50 years ago the Bont Boys were the crew to hang with!

Today's work was decent; I work one day a week at the school to help out in the maintenance department. Today we re-roofed one of the concession stands at the football field after the wind blew the roof off, (we have lots of 75-100 mph winds up here in the winter). It was a really cheap style of roofing as well.

Sunny and 20F (-7C) out so it wasn't too bad....

gil1.jpg

gil2.jpg

gil3.jpg

gil4.jpg

gil5.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Earache said:

Today's work was decent; I work one day a week at the school to help out in the maintenance department. Today we re-roofed one of the concession stands at the football field after the wind blew the roof off, (we have lots of 75-100 mph winds up here in the winter). It was a really cheap style of roofing as well.

Sunny and 20F (-7C) out so it wasn't too bad....

gil1.jpg

gil2.jpg

gil3.jpg

gil4.jpg

gil5.jpg

Very impressive Eric!

That's the thing out there......everything seems to be so big, cos that's an amazing school facility.

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Very impressive Eric!

That's the thing out there......everything seems to be so big, cos that's an amazing school facility.

It's a big field for 8 man football (it's what smaller schools here play). No viewing stands as no one ever goes to the games, etc. Some years they don't even have a team as they can't get enough kids to play, The whole team only has 10 players on it (regular school have 40+ players per team).  But it is a nice field. Fake grass as regular grass doesn't grow up here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

It's a big field for 8 man football (it's what smaller schools here play). No viewing stands as no one ever goes to the games, etc. Some years they don't even have a team as they can't get enough kids to play, The whole team only has 10 players on it (regular school have 40+ players per team).  But it is a nice field. Fake grass as regular grass doesn't grow up here.

But they've also got the floodlights, running track etc......never seen anything on that scale in UK schools.

Where I went to school this was all we had.....worst 5 years or so of my life stuck in this shithole.

0_Image.jpg.5ec4b06fd0483e0824c48c086db5b9b0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

But they've also got the floodlights, running track etc......never seen anything on that scale in UK schools.

Where I went to school this was all we had.....worst 5 years or so of my life stuck in this shithole.

At my school we only had enough craft teachers to do third of a year metal work/woodwork/art. Not enough text books for one each, and those we did have had the covers falling off or pages missing. One pad when you played cricket, you made sure you kept the unprotected leg well out of the way, I think we had two bats though.

The school field did have grass.....and lots of mud, so much mud. The running track was paint on grass, that and two goal posts was the sum total of stuff out there. You can see my school on the big screen. My music classroom was in Made in Dagenham. They must have rented it for filming on the cheap as it was demolished a while afterwards. We had a mad scary dwarf as our music teacher, you shit yourself if he looked in your direction. The dreaded Mr Thacker!

I remember telling my dad about how scary he was (my dad was one of the school caretakers) and he laughed and said, do you mean little Lionel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Butt, you can spell well. What can we learn from this? :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's because you went to borstal :classic_laugh: The school i went to had everything.  400m running track, a rugby and football pitch, tennis courts, permanent area for Long jump, high jump cricket court an area set out for javelin discus and hammer throwing. Indoors there were badminton courts multi gym climbing apparatus and i'm sure there is some things i cant remember but never used any of it i hated games i used to accept the dap across the arse for not bringing my gym kit and then me and my mate used to go shooting with his air gun along the Taf on the way home as games was the last two lessons of the day

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, yen_powell said:

One pad when you played cricket, you made sure you kept the unprotected leg well out of the way, I think we had two bats though.

Hah !  I thought our school was the only one that employed the 'one pad ' tactic :classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's because you went to borstal :classic_laugh: The school i went to had everything.  400m running track, a rugby and football pitch, tennis courts, permanent area for Long jump, high jump cricket court an area set out for javelin discus and hammer throwing. Indoors there were badminton courts multi gym climbing apparatus and i'm sure there is some things i cant remember but never used any of it i hated games i used to accept the dap across the arse for not bringing my gym kit and then me and my mate used to go shooting with his air gun along the Taf on the way home as games was the last two lessons of the day

You're such a show off Fred :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Drive across Texas some time to see some high school football stadiums - theirs are freakin' huge! Seating nearly 20,000 people. For freakin' high school!

Allen, Texas High stadium.....

alllen texas.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Hah !  I thought our school was the only one that employed the 'one pad ' tactic :classic_laugh:

Yeah rough as arseholes my school. Yet I had to do Latin for a couple of years, Greek was voluntary though so I could avoid that.

The only Latin I can remember is the delight on finding out that 'Anus' was an old woman and Salve Nauta was Hello Sailor.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

And he still came out unfit and thick as shit!

I'll have you know you can count on one hand how many days i had off my whole time at school my mother used to send me in even when i was dying but i hated it and had no interest in it. Only mitching i done was the games lesson so yes i left unfit and thick as shit lol

• Like 2

I just remembered because i had so many daps across the arse for missing games. I paid the school a visit one evening after leaving and done a few laps of the running track on my DT175 as payback probably the only time i enjoyed going to school :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Only mitching i done was the games lesson so yes i left unfit and thick as shit lol

And don't forget shoplifting round town in your lunch hour!

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And don't forget shoplifting round town in your lunch hour!

Not me but a few of the boys i bothered with done that. I'd be paying for a chocolate bar and while the old dear was attending to me every fucker else was filling their pockets 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not me but a few of the boys i bothered with done that. I'd be paying for a chocolate bar and while the old dear was attending to me every fucker else was filling their pockets 

That sounds familiar.?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Acting as the decoy! You smooth operator! Were you amusing them with your mullet? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2