Second Weekend of January!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

On the way to Albox today going over the mountains there was people out with their kids on toboggans!

You sure you didn’t go to Bolax for the shopping.?

Just now, Clive said:

Some do..........rose tinted specs and all that....

Was ok fo us we were kids didn’t have no worries then just get the sledge out and go.?

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

Was a different world then...........better back then? Some ways yes.....other ways nooooo!

I was never keen on school that’s why I’m a thick o but apart from that was pretty good for me, both parents worked so in the day time in the holidays was left to fend for ourselves 3 brothers 2 sisters.?

Added some air to my forks, took a spin around, my helicopter wouldnt start, dman. 

On second thought, it might not be my helicopter.

:classic_unsure:

_DSC0677.thumb.JPG.9e956dacb296b2507fc938c7fd4dd767.JPG 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tym said:

Added some air to my forks, took a spin around, my helicopter wouldnt start, dman. 

On second thought, it might not be my helicopter.

:classic_unsure:

_DSC0677.thumb.JPG.9e956dacb296b2507fc938c7fd4dd767.JPG 

Nice bike.?

• Like 1

I had a busy day today had to weigh in some scrap then change a headlight bulb on the wife's car which was the most difficult thing in the world to get to, my mate took me to get a new bulb the scenic way in his old Landy and then my new stripper turned up so been playing with that all afternoon 

586924184_WhatsAppImage2021-01-09at20_05_04.jpeg.4a71f3a6991aadfba54b21a025f0f5ea.jpeg

• Like 4

I did proper fuck all today according to my wife.

I cleaned the bike, went and bought some wood for the log burner, propane for the central heating and then sat down and watched some TV. I also took the dogs out walking twice today but because she came with me that doesn’t count apparently?

I’d say that’s a pretty full day.

I don’t plan on doing that much tomorrow as it’s a Sunday. ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I went to the local car wash and got the chaps there to give the car the swooshing before going through the automatic washer, then I  topped up the windscreen washers, checked all my bulbs and drove up and down the A120 to Stansted and back to give it a bit of a fast run (to help with the emissions test) and get the rust off the brake discs before my MOT booked for Tuesday. Not used the car much this last year.

Can't do it on Monday as I have to go to work then because of a hideous job kicking off and I'll use my bike most probably.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I did proper fuck all today according to my wife.

I cleaned the bike, went and bought some wood for the log burner, propane for the central heating and then sat down and watched some TV. I also took the dogs out walking twice today but because she came with me that doesn’t count apparently?

I’d say that’s a pretty full day.

I don’t plan on doing that much tomorrow as it’s a Sunday. ?

You didn't manage to get a few minutes spare to punch your neighbour then Ray?

Well.....tomorrow is another day! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I went to the local car wash and got the chaps there to give the car the swooshing before going through the automatic washer, then I  topped up the windscreen washers, checked all my bulbs and drove up and down the A120 to Stansted and back to give it a bit of a fast run (to help with the emissions test) and get the rust off the brake discs before my MOT booked for Tuesday. Not used the car much this last year.

Can't do it on Monday as I have to go to work then because of a hideous job kicking off and I'll use my bike most probably.

Round my old neck of the woods then, I used to live in bishop's stortford 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

You didn't manage to get a few minutes spare to punch your neighbour then Ray?

Well.....tomorrow is another day! :classic_laugh:

Saving up for a very special day ??

• Haha 1

Just now, yen_powell said:

I went there back in January last year I think. I try and wash the car yearly whether it needs it or not.

I do ours twice a year! Did it a lot more in Britain though......particularly in Winter because of the salt.

Still ended up replacing sills on a regular basis though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

Yeah it is a horrible road, the old a120 was better 

I agree the old A120 was nicer. A country road but straight enough for all vehicles to move along at a decent pace, lots of thatched cottages to look at etc. Had a few icy nights when I would be riding down the outside of a 15 mile queue, usually an accident at the Stebbing side road.

I once saw a the weirdest looking horse being led by someone in a high viz vest briefly flash by in the headlights (it's an unlit road), I thought I was seeing things. A news item a few days later revealed it was a woman walking a llama at night as practice for a round the world walk. It had been hit and killed by a vehicle.

After they built the new A120 my trip to work went from an hour down to 45 minutes. After getting fuel at Start Hill one night I thought I would carry on riding home on the old A120. That was when I hit the muntjac deer and killed it, I think the quieter road lulled us both in to a false sense of security. I hit it when it ran out from behind the sign saying STEBBINGFORD PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY.

image.png.044a76064fa21400521ee128a9c6c574.png

• Like 4

On 08/01/2021 at 09:53, XTreme said:

And the forecast is more shit!

983249797_Screenshot2021-01-08103655.jpg.34122a5713594e15c95790de96d1fbb7.jpg

Ironic that throughout the period we've had free movement in Andalucia it's the weather that's buggered it all up.

Apparently they're revising the restrictions again on Sunday which may bring back the perimetral restriction again.

So it'll be yet another kick in the nuts! 

In case that does come into effect again we have to go to the Brit shops in Albox tomorrow.......and due to the disruption of goods coming in here (for reasons you all know about) they don't have any teabags! Fuckmine!

Anyway.....what you lot up to you?

what you need is taylors yorkshire tea

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had a busy day today had to weigh in some scrap then change a headlight bulb on the wife's car which was the most difficult thing in the world to get to, my mate took me to get a new bulb the scenic way in his old Landy and then my new stripper turned up so been playing with that all afternoon 

586924184_WhatsAppImage2021-01-09at20_05_04.jpeg.4a71f3a6991aadfba54b21a025f0f5ea.jpeg

was she any good ?