Couple of Enhancements!

XTreme

Two things!

First........you know when you've read through a thread and you want to go back to the top? 

Previously you'd have to use the scroll bar on the right to do it........and if the individual posts were very long with lots of pics then it took forever.

Well I've now set up a "Back to Top" function which has been added to the bottom right of the page.......all you do is click the up arrow and the page will go back to the top on it's own.

360520932_Screenshot2020-10-14191709.jpg.72437e0fc6ed7875c78fe6853348883d.jpg

Secondly, Invision, in their wisdom of advancing and improving the forum software, did away with the "Preview" button which you could use to check just how shit your contribution was before you posted it.

I've now coded it back in and you'll see it just below the text box when you go to post something.

537393066_Screenshot2020-10-14194109.jpg.7b9d1fe645720a8d69ecb3931c47579d.jpg

When the box opens you'll even see a representation of how utterly crap your post will be on desktop, tablet, and mobile.

To close the preview and return to the editor just click on the black cross on the top right hand corner. Or you you can hit Submit Reply to actually post it.

1463532616_Screenshot2020-10-14195339.jpg.71eb25c19463eac11ea38b76e143bdef.jpg

Please note that your posted content will still be mindless garbage......but at least you can now preview your mindless garbage before inflicting it on others!

You don't get this shit on ButtRider you know!

Tell 'em @Tym

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I just use the unread content button to take me back to the top 

Well you can use the fucking arrow from now on and like it! :classic_wacko:

@Tym get the fucking guns out........Fred thinks he's above using the arrow!

computer GIF

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

Well you can use the fucking arrow from now on and like it! :classic_wacko:

@Tym get the fucking guns out........Fred thinks he's above using the arrow!

computer GIF

I just used the arrow for the first time which took me to the top as you said but then i had to click the unread content button you just created a way to half the life of my mouse :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

I'm liking the back to top arrow as it stays in view when you scroll down so you don't have to go all the way to the bottom of the page to click it ? now if i could only have all the good smileys stay at the top instead of having to scroll down to them?

47 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm liking the back to top arrow as it stays in view when you scroll down so you don't have to go all the way to the bottom of the page to click it ? now if i could only have all the good smileys stay at the top instead of having to scroll down to them?

They do......in the Recently Used!

171535914_Screenshot2020-10-16142152.jpg.c7ef9035713847e2c8c15536f17ad617.jpg

• Like 1

Pete, I'm a big fan of the right mouse click. When I want to answer a post I right click on the reply or quote button and open it in a new window. But on this site that just opens a replica of the page I am on. I have to reply with a normal mouse click which post my reply sending me to the last post then go back to the page I was on which a minute ago was 2 pages from the end.

14 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Pete, I'm a big fan of the right mouse click. When I want to answer a post I right click on the reply or quote button and open it in a new window. But on this site that just opens a replica of the page I am on. I have to reply with a normal mouse click which post my reply sending me to the last post then go back to the page I was on which a minute ago was 2 pages from the end.

You can hit quote, which starts your new post editing, and instead of hitting "submit reply" you just carry on viewing the thread with your reply in cache ready to post. As you finish going through that thread you hit reply and your previously edited reply is right there waiting for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Why do you want to open your reply in a new window Yen? This isn't 2005. And it would be completely impractical on mobile!

If you want to quote something (other than the complete post) just highlight the text.....put the mouse on it and you see the Quote Selection option.

Click it and go straight to your reply.....

Screenshot 2020-10-19 201437.jpg

• Like 2