Enduro bike

Six30

32 minutes ago, busabeast said:

willow GIF

yeh could be a problem bob , im just over 4 foot

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

thats nice... didn't want to spend that much ...you bastard bob .

350 be enough power wise  ?

Performance is a bit different on the dirt to the road, i had a mate that was a full on racer thought he was the fastest around he used to ride R1's and Ducatis as fast as he could on the road. One day he announced he was buying a CRF450 i mentioned it might be a bit too powerful for him to learn to ride off road on as it has pretty harsh fueling and throttle response but he dismissed me and got it anyway. I was talking to him in the pub the night after he got it and he leaned over to me and said smugly it's not too fast Fred, i said where have you been on it and he had only ridden it home from blunder road in Bridgend which was about 20 miles mostly motorway. He started riding off road with a few friends of mine and after a month he sold it told me it wasn't for him wasn't what he was into. A few months after that i bumped into the friends he'd been riding with, well he hadn't told me the full story had he apparently he spent more time on the floor than riding it falling off on the flat going up hill down hill in ruts you name it he'd fallen off on it and they all took the piss out of him, but he was the kind that couldn't take a bit of banter so the one day they were out after a bit of piss taking he disappeared. They waited for him for a while and when he didn't show up they started getting worried and went looking for him, spent a couple of hours riding around the forestry but no sign of him so they went to his house to see if his missus had heard from him before they called the emergency services and the fucker was there, he got pissed off and went home sulking and that's when he sold the bike and never mentioned it again to me. It wasn't the bike that was the problem though it was him he was too pig headed to take any advise because he thought he was the best at everything. :classic_laugh:
That was another episode from dead Phil's short life.
Oh that 350 will have plenty of power just don't expect to be tearing around at 80mph everywhere on it, your probably looking at 50 to 60 mph as a comfortable speed but it will get there pretty quick 

• Like 6

What Fred said, a 350 will be plenty enough off road, if you turn out to be Billy Big Balls then you could move up to the 500 or get a smoker .

• Like 5

Another thing with buying a second hand enduro bike is so many people disconnect the speedo and tape all the plastics up to protect it and then sell a high hour bike as a low hour bike and because it looks good you think your getting a good bike. I think with the fuel injected bikes now you can plug into the ECU to check if the hours are correct you have to check wear marks that are harder to hide like brake disc wear foot rest brake and gear lever wear rub marks on engine cases from boots and things like that, that's why i just stumped up the cash for a new bike because i'm the type that buys the shiny lemon money pit, just look at the dog :classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It’ll feel shit on the road, though, like all dirtbikes do when ridden out of their environment.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

It’ll feel shit on the road, though, like all dirtbikes do when ridden out of their environment.

Get it on a tight twisty back road and there's nothing better even with the knobbly tyres

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

@boboneleg @Sir Fallsalot

been offered this off a mate of a mate 2014 250 6 days asked me 2500 for might come a bit better , good buy ? Don’t sound dear to me 

IMG_2595.jpeg

It looks in good nick and well equipped for that money.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Presume this is the hours … to much ?

IMG_2596.jpeg

There are so many variables when equating engine hours to miles but as a ball park figure that is about 4520 miles. What has the bike been used for , has it raced enduro's or just trail-riding ? If it's a race bike then you'd be getting close to needing a top end rebuild if it hasn't already been done.    Is it road registered ?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

There are so many variables when equating engine hours to miles but as a ball park figure that is about 4520 miles. What has the bike been used for , has it raced enduro's or just trail-riding ? If it's a race bike then you'd be getting close to needing a top end rebuild if it hasn't already been done.    Is it road registered ?

Yes road registered 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

@boboneleg @Sir Fallsalot

been offered this off a mate of a mate 2014 250 6 days asked me 2500 for might come a bit better , good buy ? Don’t sound dear to me 

IMG_2595.jpeg

It's a bleeding two stroke LOL wont be as nice on the road as a four stroke but will be easier to ride off road on the hard stuff. What are you thinking of doing with the dirt riding.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's a bleeding two stroke LOL wont be as nice on the road as a four stroke but will be easier to ride off road on the hard stuff. What are you thinking of doing with the dirt riding.  

It could be easier or it could send him skyward if he yanks the throttle too hard ..................

Outer Banks Dirt Bike GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It could be easier or it could send him skyward if he yanks the throttle too hard ..................

with me or you on it yes but do you think it would lift the front wheel with six on it :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It would be the lack of engine breaking that would make hesitate in getting one over a 4 stroke. On today’s bike you can get the engine to be as tame as you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What are you thinking of doing with the dirt riding.  

Stuffing it in the van basically!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

thinking about it , perhaps  something like a drz 400 would suit  me better, bit more road orientated and ..i wont be doing the stuff you and bob do 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

thinking about it , perhaps  something like a drz 400 would suit  me better, bit more road orientated and ..i wont be doing the stuff you and bob do 

Great bike, never fell off the another bike more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Great bike, never fell off the another bike more.

You had one ? 

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

You had one ? 

Yes for a couple of years. Found it tall but fine while riding. I was more used to a Xl250 and 500r. DRZs lots faster and lighter, but tall. Very capable and reliable if you can find a good one.
When I talk about falling off that's something I'm good at, never real hurt other than pride.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Six30 said:

thinking about it , perhaps  something like a drz 400 would suit  me better

Much better option!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Six30 said:

You need the KTM and the DRZ :littleguy:

• Haha 5