Getting my bike back on the road again.

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I normally push the pistons out as far as pos using the hydraulics, then take them off the bike. Gives you a good head start with removing them in the shed.
Bit late to tell you that :classic_unsure:

Yes me to...I use the hydro pressure...unless your master is also shot...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I normally push the pistons out as far as pos using the hydraulics, then take them off the bike. Gives you a good head start with removing them in the shed.
Bit late to tell you that :classic_unsure:

Why fuck about with all that faff when you can just blow them out with an air line and smash your fingers to bits at the same time :classic_laugh: 

IMG_9467.thumb.JPG.5f1f6fdc39ae2aa48341981e01e07f7c.JPG

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Why fuck about with all that faff when you can just blow them out with an air line and smash your fingers to bits at the same time :classic_laugh: 

IMG_9467.thumb.JPG.5f1f6fdc39ae2aa48341981e01e07f7c.JPG

Ouch !   Lol...that has to be one of the most painful things...smash mine a few times of the years...it's the throbing pain that comes after...had to pierse the  nail with a red hot needle ..

• Like 1

Got my new 1/4" drive socket set, cost me $2.37 but I had to buy something to bring the total up to $15 to get free postage so I chose a 20cm cast iron skillet, it's ideal for two eggs, a steak (not T bone) or a hamburger with caramelized onion, got the calipers soaking in kerosene as my pal doesn't like using compressed air if it can be avoided.

20240315_133740.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well it taken about 3 weeks of soaking in kero but the final piston succumbed to the G clamp today, now that they are all pushed in its time to push them out, cleaned up the garage to make life easier.

It's quite nice having a tidy area to work in, should do the bathroom next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zzzak said:

Well it taken about 3 weeks of soaking in kero but the final piston succumbed to the G clamp today, now that they are all pushed in its time to push them out, cleaned up the garage to make life easier.

It's quite nice having a tidy area to work in, should do the bathroom next.

At this rate it will be back on the road right about the time we run out of fossil fuels.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Buckster said:

At this rate it will be back on the road right about the time we run out of fossil fuels.

Firstly there is no such thing as a fossil fuel, that was made up to create the impression that the supply was limited and second, now that the bakes re looking good there's not a lot to do.

ENV VEHICLESZ1 (4).jpg

4 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I think if you didn't waste so much time disproving the non believers that bike would be running by now..

Wise words mate 😎👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Saul said:

Wise words mate 😎👍

You goddam jerkoff! That little punk Marcel ain't ever talked nothing but shit!

Are you the guy who assfucked him in Kansas City?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beemer Bummer said:

You goddam jerkoff! That little punk Marcel ain't ever talked nothing but shit!

Are you the guy who assfucked him in Kansas City?

Long time no see you fucking cocksucker...did you come out of retirement you old sack of shit..that only a horse would like...or Buckster...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Long time no see you fucking cocksucker...did you come out of retirement you old sack of shit..that only a horse would like...or Buckster...

Buck had to fucking tag him didn't he!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Ya that cunt Beemer fucker must have found us from the other place....great that's all we needed now.some more gay BMW riders...the forum has just taken a nose dive...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I saw he was a member here but we hadn’t heard from him for a while.

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2024 at 18:43, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I think if you didn't waste so much time disproving the non believers that bike would be running by now..

Not to far to go now, have to wait for my able assistant with the workhop to get back to town to finish off the calipers, just cleaned up the garage so its all nice now, until recently we were getting 36C days and in an uninsulated garage its untenable, now that its down to a reasonable 25 or so I can get back to it.

• Like 2

So back in the garage to do a few things, now that I'm on top of the brakes I went and changed over the rusty fasteners on the engine for nice S/S ones, looks a lot better, when they package these kits they must throw in a handful of this and a handful of that as I have lots of extras, maybe as I progress I'll find places to put them but so far can't see where they may go, maybe as I get further into the engine spots will turn up especially when I pull off the EPA stuff, that's a whole bunch of plumbing that's in the way and is no longer needed.

Removed the airfilter for the very first time in its life, only done 43,000 k but looks filthy with what I guess is oil from the crankcase breather, anyway the new one looks very nice and should enhance the new pipes performance, as well I have a jetting kit for the mods but don't know if I'll fit it, never done carbs before and don't want any mystery surprises, maybe get the local bike mechanic or someone to do them, so with pipes, carbs, hi flow air filter and new plugs it should be quite peppy, there are two removable triangular covers on the airbox (you can see one in the second photo) as well as the snorkel so that should enhance the induction roar, haha, that and the new cans, things are getting exciting.

So at Marcels request here's a few photos of the bike in its house.

20240421_141109.jpg

20240421_141102.jpg

20240421_141140.jpg

20240421_141148.jpg

20240421_141154.jpg

20240421_141205.jpg

20240421_141317.jpg

20240421_141503.jpg

20240421_141511.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Make sense to have the carbs done by someone who knows what they are doing, carbs can be a bit of a dark art.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zzzak said:

Removed the airfilter for the very first time in its life, only done 43,000 k but looks filthy with what I guess is oil from the crankcase breather

Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

• Haha 3