Marazion

Saul

Took a bimble down to Marazion this morning to get a picture of my bike with St Michael’s Mount in the back ground.   Saw some Pilot Gigs out in Mounts Bay.  I used to row in Fowey’s gig when I was a little younger.    
Shame the light was coming from behind the Mount.  I will pop down there again as it’s a lovely ride.  
Pleased with my new Schuberth M1 Pro lid, light and comfy with great vision.   Bit noisier than my C3 but fine with my Eggz plugs in.   Comfy up to 80 but not much more.   
I love Marazion it’s a stunning little town.   Not like Penzance at all which is for the most part rough as rats.  
IMG_1863.thumb.jpeg.2db4b3ff2c6d566d080a3945502e15c6.jpegIMG_1873.thumb.jpeg.c8441624339fbd51c61267f7ceba83eb.jpegIMG_1875.thumb.jpeg.fa5dbb45a852157c85d5127654de7437.jpegIMG_1871.thumb.jpeg.e4a1dfdad71bb6f553d5a1cec45a6126.jpegIMG_1868.thumb.jpeg.9be934aa90002234380047a48699a7a3.jpegIMG_1867.thumb.jpeg.6325672d514a79ba377d45386e66420a.jpegIMG_1866.thumb.jpeg.afadc62bc6e4cc7deef5aead8d6ba5d4.jpegIMG_1870.thumb.jpeg.079275e75fe3833521b78cf83b345dc2.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

• Like 6

Cheers Saul. Brought back some memories when we were there.

One being dropping the S10 with the daughter on the back turning into the holiday let.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

thats on my list to go there .

I've been over there on the ferry (rowing) boat with the family .  Well worth a visit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've been over there on the ferry (rowing) boat with the family .  Well worth a visit.

Yeah I have been there several times with the kids.  They normally have an open weekend  just before Easter weekend where they let locals in for free.  You just have to have proof of your postcode.     Lovely little town Marazion.   My father In law restored the St Aubyn family's funeral/ceremonial barge dated from 1720.   Looks like a big fat Pilot Gig and supposedly the oldest small boat in the UK still in use, 28 foot I think.    Twas an honour for him to be asked back in the day, late 90's.  Lord St Leven was a lovely guy.  Doubt he is still around now he was pretty old at the time.  

Not overly choppy for Mounts Bay, always a lump on down there.  When I was rowing in the gigs if it was rough North coast teams did well if it was calm South Coast gigs did well.  All to do with what we rowed in most of the time.  Tis fun in a gig when its choppy though.  I miss it.   Rugby in the winter rowing in the summer, before the kids came along of course.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yeah I have been there several times with the kids.  They normally have an open weekend  just before Easter weekend where they let locals in for free.  You just have to have proof of your postcode.     Lovely little town Marazion.   My father In law restored the St Aubyn family's funeral/ceremonial barge dated from 1720.   Looks like a big fat Pilot Gig and supposedly the oldest small boat in the UK still in use, 28 foot I think.    Twas an honour for him to be asked back in the day, late 90's.  Lord St Leven was a lovely guy.  Doubt he is still around now he was pretty old at the time.  

Not overly choppy for Mounts Bay, always a lump on down there.  When I was rowing in the gigs if it was rough North coast teams did well if it was calm South Coast gigs did well.  All to do with what we rowed in most of the time.  Tis fun in a gig when its choppy though.  I miss it.   Rugby in the winter rowing in the summer, before the kids came along of course.  

can you drive over the causeway, on a trip away with my dad and his mate i remember driving across a causeway on our bikes to an island , im pretty sure it wasn't there though

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Six30 said:

can you drive over the causeway, on a trip away with my dad and his mate i remember driving across a causeway on our bikes to an island , im pretty sure it wasn't there though

There is a causeway at low tide, but I don't think it is open to the public now.  It was in the past but like everywhere down here it got to overcrowded in the summer.  I think only residents and deliveries can use it now.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Nice one...what was the temp Saul ?

10c but didn't feel cold at all.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saul said:

There is a causeway at low tide, but I don't think it is open to the public now.  It was in the past but like everywhere down here it got to overcrowded in the summer.  I think only residents and deliveries can use it now.  

Yes we went in the summer and it was heaving. Was low tide so we walked over.

• Like 2