Accident damaged bike

gymwitch

Would it be worth buying my bike back from the insurers and selling it privately. Talking to other bikers they are saying its what they did? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Would it be worth buying my bike back from the insurers and selling it privately. Talking to other bikers they are saying its what they did? 

I did the same, but I repaired the bike instead of replace

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gymwitch said:

I dont have the room for that. Howcmuch was it to buy it back?

I think I payed 200 quid to buy it back and the repairs cost 400 or so but I had already been paid out by the insurance so I used that money to repair it, this was the first accident I had on my old ninja 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gymwitch said:

I dont have the room for that. Howcmuch was it to buy it back?

will be recorded cat n or s , so wont be worth as much as a straight bike once you repair it, need to buy it back for as little as you can , then you got what you will have to spend on it .... is it worth doing  ?

• Like 1

I agree with @Six30  .  If you really like the bike and want to keep it fair enough but replacement parts would make it expensive to repair and move on for any profit.

• Like 2

I dont think I'll bother. Cant find any to cimpare prices etc... dont know if fork is bent and they are a fortune to replace. Clutch cover is broken. Brake lever is broken. Body work is scratched up. I think thereis a chunk out if tft screen. Puig screen is broken too. 

Forks can be rolled, clutch cover if not available can be repaired, there's some great liquid/instant metals out there. Brake levers are very cheap.
If you like the bike do the plastics have to be perfect?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle!

It was abit of a pain, mainly the sourcing of parts the replacing of said parts was easy enough