Top 5 Don’ts of Motorcycle Camping A Guide to a Smooth Adventure

cafebikerpro

7 hours ago, Clive said:

If (which I very much doubt) i was to go away for a weekend,  even without my wife 😲 it would be a  B&B or something like a Travelodge.....camping?...been there...done it....no longer have the desire to try it again.

To be honest that is pretty much how I feel about camping.  I could still do it but don't really want to.  I am partial to beds and bathrooms.   🙂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Clive said:

After a 2 hour (which we maybe do twice per year) car journey my wife's hips/knees/ankles seize up. The next day or so she is usually immobile.......so I try to do what is best for her....which sometimes means me missing out on things....but my responsibility is to her.

We did camping in our 30s and 40,s, it was a big fuck off 4 birth tent with most of the necessary equipment to make a week away tolerable, then it was a adventure, now it would be a pain in the joints. 😂 

If (which I very much doubt) i was to go away for a weekend,  even without my wife 😲 it would be a  B&B or something like a Travelodge.....camping?...been there...done it....no longer have the desire to try it again.

Exactly! I did shit like that in my teens and twenties.......though I only ever camped at race meetings!

2.jpg.b6060401e06bc3b4a2e9febd0b4d473b.jpg

Anywhere else I'd get a Hotel or B&B......though some didn't want to take bikers!

7.jpg.03af092ae1915184b1c075df23031808.jpg

But that was 40-50 years ago. Time has moved on, we've got older and our personal commitments have changed.

We do what we're able to do according to the cards that have been dealt to us.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

What do your kin call it these days?

Fuck knows ...... i retired from it , i'll ask my kin when they come round to clean my moat and feed the Peacocks.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Retired from what?

go back and read earlier posts on this thread., and you can get yourself all up to  date ....

you dozy cunt

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

WTF? Did you end up in nick or something?

Someone did and no doubt the tales of being a prison wife were not as romantic as he hoped.

• Haha 3

Ive been doing a lot of moto camping. Sometimes Andy joins me after he finishes at work but often its just me and my trusty Honda. I have got my camping down to a fine art now and cannot wait for more adventures this coming year. I will be sorry to see the Honda go though as i know that bike inside and out 😒 i wonder what i will be getting to replace her if my claim is successful ........ 🤔 

20230825_173033.jpg

20230909_203008.jpg

20230825_173013.jpg

20230529_082402.jpg

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Ive been doing a lot of moto camping. Sometimes Andy joins me after he finishes at work but often its just me and my trusty Honda. I have got my camping down to a fine art now and cannot wait for more adventures this coming year. I will be sorry to see the Honda go though as i know that bike inside and out 😒 i wonder what i will be getting to replace her if my claim is successful ........ 🤔 

20230825_173033.jpg

20230909_203008.jpg

20230825_173013.jpg

20230529_082402.jpg

Honda = Peace of Mind!

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

What about seat height though?

They do a lower one but ive yet to sit on one and it does depend on the width of the actual seat. I found the triumph tiger has a narrow seat so i was ok on the 800 stock seat. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gymwitch said:

20230825_173033.jpg

20230909_203008.jpg

20230825_173013.jpg

20230529_082402.jpg

Be careful posting camping photos on here someone will be along shortly to tell you you cant be enjoying yourself and your living like a tramp :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3