Going to meet Billy bob

Marcel le Moose Fondler

By late afternoon we stop at Dan's son in law place  ..a camp next to a lac called upper lac..for another beer.

Well that's about it...it was about a 200km run...some trail section were kinda rough...when they start grooming the trails after a significant snow fall that will clear up the rough sections ..

20231125_150710.jpg

20231125_154613.jpg

20231125_154629.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

These drunken hillbillies in ATV's.......are they carrying guns as well? :classic_unsure:

Yes during hunting season....pretty well all of them have gun racks fitted on the atvs...deer season finished a week ago so all firearms are at home.

• Haha 1

We came up to a small river crossing and the water was extremely high...it looked like and ice dam formed further up  it looked kinda sketchy and you couldn't tell how deep the water was...me and Dan opted to back track a ways to take and alternate route...but Billybob decided to go ahead with his 1000cc polaris...had water over the front headlights...a good 35 inches of water....I was getting kinda drunk by that time...and didn't take pics...by that time I had consumed 12 beers.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Marcel said:

We came up to a small river crossing and the water was extremely high...it looked like and ice dam formed further up  it looked kinda sketchy and you couldn't tell how deep the water was...me and Dan opted to back track a ways to take and alternate route...but Billybob decided to go ahead with his 1000cc polaris...had water over the front headlights...a good 35 inches of water....I was getting kinda drunk by that time...and didn't take pics...by that time I had consumed 12 beers.

So you paid a shitload of dosh for an ATV and you're now pissed up driving it in bad conditions somewhere out in the wilds......while surrounded by drunken gun-toting Hillbillies?

I don't want to sound like a party-pooper Marcel, but I'm struggling to find anything remotely enjoyable in that scenario! It sounds like something out of a Horror movie!

Anybody else want to comment on this bizarre shit?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So you paid a shitload of dosh for an ATV and you're now pissed up driving it in bad conditions somewhere out in the wilds......while surrounded by drunken gun-toting Hillbillies?

I don't want to sound like a party-pooper Marcel, but I'm struggling to find anything remotely enjoyable in that scenario!

If he's drunk everything is enjoyable try it next time you go shopping in Baza LOL

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I don't want to sound like a party-pooper Marcel, but I'm struggling to find anything remotely enjoyable in that scenario! It sounds like something out of a Horror movie!

The alternative is being cooked up in the house for six month...what would you choose?

• Like 2

Just now, Marcel said:

The alternative is being cooked up in the house for six month...what would you choose?

Explore unusual places in a 4x4.......without booze, guns, and hillbillies!

That hotel in "The Shining" is up your way isn't it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Explore unusual places in a 4x4.......without booze, guns, and hillbillies!

That hotel in "The Shining" is up your way isn't it?

It was kinda enjoyable actually....just putting along 50kph enjoying the scenery...cold brew...what could you ask more ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

From what I've seen, that's the normal biker rally or group ride in Portugal, except the guns :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Marcel said:

It was kinda enjoyable actually....just putting along 50kph enjoying the scenery...cold brew...what could you ask more ?

Well im going to guess you were asking about cornering a moose or two so you could get frisky with it

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Since this is a motorcycle forum I figure I'll keep these atv pics on this thread...

Few pics from today...trying out the ice studs...they work amazing. 

20231130_124936.jpg

20231130_124954.jpg

20231130_125007.jpg

20231130_134252.jpg

20231130_132827.jpg

20231130_125240.jpg

How deep is that?

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Since this is a motorcycle forum I figure I'll keep these atv pics on this thread...

Few pics from today...trying out the ice studs...they work amazing. 

20231130_124936.jpg

20231130_124954.jpg

20231130_125007.jpg

20231130_134252.jpg

20231130_132827.jpg

20231130_125240.jpg

Very cool, what's the grip level with studs on ice compared to, for example, normal rubber tires on gravel?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Very cool, what's the grip level with studs on ice compared to, for example, normal rubber tires on gravel?

Well it's definitely less ...but on that little pawn ..without studs I would  be just spinning my wheels  and not going anywhere.. 

• Like 3

I wasn't going to show you this but some people I tell you...check out this trash dumped in the middle of woods ....it's kinda a problem around here...thousands of little trails leading to no where and scumbags just take the easy way....to me it was probably a renter who was moving out and cleared his apartment in a hurry...

20231130_135016.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Im practicly a seal...but if I would have broken through...would have been a real challenge to get that thing back onto the ice..

Best make sure there's no great whites or orcas around when you're in the drink

• Haha 1