Cockney done up like a Kipper!

XTreme

Strange ride report cos there's not many pics as we didn't get that far after I met up with @Skippy. The vid tells the story better!

I went over the mountains to get to Oria (Almeria province) to meet up with him. He'd come up from the south to avoid the Autovia.

cb174-min.jpg.94aa577d098d15102611280c9c8ed9b8.jpg

It started going belly up when the cafe we were supposed to meet up at was closed (Lazy Dagos) so I had to ride through this particular one horse town to find him.

Once I met up with him he was in a right two and eight cos his FZ6 was having a fucking laugh! It wouldn't start!

He eventually got it started so we rode down to Tijola to get a coffee! And that restaurant was closed as well. But he did get to see the locomotive......

cb175-min.jpg.1e8a09e260d0bbc432d07ab1904fc702.jpg

cb176-min.jpg.745ce312899c40294b7c48fd0a03cfae.jpg

Here's the slag trying to find a way to half inch it.....

cb177-min.jpg.2cadd684d2032953be1fe07371688c4a.jpg

Trying to pull away from there wasn't easy cos there was a classic car and bike meet going through. Probably about 50 including an E-Type and a Roller.

No idea where they were going though, and we couldn't take the risk of following them off the main roads in case Skippy's bike threw a wobbler again.

So we went to a cafe on the main road, which just happened to have a mint 1360 Herald outside owned by elderly Brits.

cb178-min.jpg.b8f603b4fd779f06b53efcce99891016.jpg

Strangely, they were nothing to do with the Classic Car Meet though. Very nice people......of course the bloody Cockney then stepped in and told them that his mate (probably the snout on his manor) had a Herald back in the day and the engines were shit!

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

There was also a load of young Spanish bikers there.......wearing Power Ranger suits in this weather!

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

cb179-min.jpg.7b539847bd027b12cfcda251337611e8.jpg

They didn't bother with us at all. Didn't even acknowledge us. If they were older guys they would have.....but some of them we saw looked like they were still shitting yellow.

After that, I headed left in the direction of Baza.......and Skippy went right to head towards the coast road! It was about an hour and a half trip for me and about 2 hours for him.

Seems he got back OK by keeping the bike running.......but now it's back at his house the fucking slag won't start.

How many times can Reestreno do him up like a Kipper? It's all come on top for that Cockney you know! 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Like 4

So has Pete so kindly confirms, the bike ran fine all the way home, but now will not start. The battery is completely dead. I’ve put it on the charger and that confirmed the battery is fucked.

If so, here’s my thoughts. If the battery was fully charged this morning and we’ve done a 300 km round-trip, the battery should still be charged when I get home. Because it isn’t, I’m thinking it’s possibly the rectifier/regulator which is fucked as it has not kept the battery charged during the day.

Clearly @XTreme will have some less than helpful advice but I’m hoping @boboneleg may have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Clearly @XTreme will have some less than helpful advice

No......i've got good advice! Firstly, get yourself a nice Grua! Then get it back to the dealer and out it!

Though I've got to point out that I take no pleasure in seeing a Yam on a Grua! One of mine went on one in 2015!

xt25.jpg.bf7bbe760de4251beb04c1e73d239252.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Skippy said:

So has Pete so kindly confirms, the bike ran fine all the way home, but now will not start. The battery is completely dead. I’ve put it on the charger and that confirmed the battery is fucked.

If so, here’s my thoughts. If the battery was fully charged this morning and we’ve done a 300 km round-trip, the battery should still be charged when I get home. Because it isn’t, I’m thinking it’s possibly the rectifier/regulator which is fucked as it has not kept the battery charged during the day.

Clearly @XTreme will have some less than helpful advice but I’m hoping @boboneleg may have?

Once the battery is charged start the bike and test the voltage with a multi meter do it with the lights on and off if you can turn them off you should be seeing something between 13.5v and 14.5v 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Once the battery is charged start the bike and test the voltage with a multi meter do it with the lights on and off if you can turn them off you should be seeing something between 13.5v and 14.5v 

Cheers for that I’ll give it a go.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Do you know what, fuck it, the bike is under warranty so I’ve emailed the dealer and ask him to come and get it and fix the problem.

Could be months before that happens, you are in Spain after all 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Do you know what, fuck it, the bike is under warranty so I’ve emailed the dealer and ask him to come and get it and fix the problem.

I think it's your responsibility to get it there Ray.

And Recovery is included in your insurance anyway.

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think it's your responsibility to get it there Ray.

And Recovery is included in your insurance anyway.

Well I’ll see what they’ve got to say, messaged them this morning.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Well I’ll see what they’ve got to say, messaged them this morning.

I’m hoping they will collect it, they had no problem collecting g the z750 when I had the fuel tank problem. That was unrideable and so is the Fazer.

• Like 1

Good news, messaged him this morning and he’s just replied to check my address for collection.

Cant argue with that for service…….let me just check I’m actually living in Spain! 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Good news, messaged him this morning and he’s just replied to check my address for collection.

Cant argue with that for service…….let me just check I’m actually living in Spain! 🤣🤣

That's cos you're not a ginger welsh Dago ..............

How You Doin Kiss GIF

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Shit....that's unheard of!

I think he felt sorry for me after I told him I’d been out for a ride with you……….he muttered something about “¡Oh, ese coño galés!” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5