What's the point?

busabeast

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

The reality is that given the environment, and the type of riding that I do, this bike is a perfect fit.

It's not great at doing anything........but it's great at doing a bit of everything!

But why have a bike that's not great at doing anything? It's like having a cup with holes in....

Fucking pointless

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, busabeast said:

But why have a bike that's not great at doing anything? It's like having a cup with holes in....

Fucking pointless

Now that's an interesting topic for a thread in Motorcycle Chat!

Moving it over!

• Haha 1

If you only have one bike then a bike that does everything but not great at any one thing makes perfect sense to me.

We all have different reasons for liking the bike we have, personally I don't see any point in a 200bhp bike on UK roads, That's not a dig at you @busabeast but where can you actually use all that power ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

If you only have one bike then a bike that does everything but not great at any one thing makes perfect sense to me.

We all have different reasons for liking the bike we have, personally I don't see any point in a 200bhp bike on UK roads, That's not a dig at you @busabeast but where can you actually use all that power ?

I agree 100% a 200bhp bike for the road is completely ridiculous, there is literally nowhere that even half the power can be used, but and its a big but..... would you turn it down?

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I agree 100% a 200bhp bike for the road is completely ridiculous, there is literally nowhere that even half the power can be used, but and its a big but..... would you turn it down?

No I wouldn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, busabeast said:

I want to take it to Elvington airfield for a straightliners even and just let it stretch its legs in a safe and legal environment 

My first thought was airfield! 
There was a guy on the forum that shall remain nameless who was well into all that.

He was always asking if anyone wanted to join in. Might be worth contacting him if he’s still about. I think he was called ‘megawatt’.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My first thought was airfield! 
There was a guy on the forum that shall remain nameless who was well into all that.

He was always asking if anyone wanted to join in. Might be worth contacting him if he’s still about. I think he was called ‘megawatt’.

There's one guy Ian from the nameless place that I talk to on WhatsApp who does it, he's got a supercharged busa, though can't remember his forum name but it wasn't megawatt

50 minutes ago, busabeast said:

There's one guy Ian from the nameless place that I talk to on WhatsApp who does it, he's got a supercharged busa, though can't remember his forum name but it wasn't megawatt

Sounds like he’d have plenty of useful info 👍

40 minutes ago, Buckster said:

No good for you then.

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

You ride a harley.... with a trailer you are the last person who can say anything about me and tuning, I've already proved that it doesn't need tuning anymore than it already is so I don't really care what you are saying on the matter 

• Haha 1

Just now, busabeast said:

You ride a harley.... with a trailer you are the last person who can say anything about me and tuning, I've already proved that it doesn't need tuning anymore than it already is so I don't really care what you are saying on the matter 

Careful Rich, sounds like Bucks made a sore spot and you know what sharks are like when they smell blood 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Careful Rich, sounds like Bucks made a sore spot and you know what sharks are like when they smell blood 😂

Haha sounds like but isn't, I'm just saying I'm not playing along anymore especially when he rides what he rides and has obviously lost all hope because of that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, busabeast said:

Personally, yes I would , I have absolutely no interest in anything like that.  I have missile Ducati's at my disposal in work all the time but I've no desire to ride them as I've done all that years ago. 

Like I say, we all have different needs/wants from our bikes and that's why peeps buy the bikes that suit them and their needs.  As you're still (fairly) young I see fully understand your need for speed but there's a lot of guys on here who have been there and done that so their priorities are differnet now  

Relaxing Chill Out GIF by Talk Stoop

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

As you're still (fairly) young I see fully understand your need for speed but there's a lot of guys on here who have been there and done that so their priorities are differnet now  

exactly GIF

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Personally, yes I would , I have absolutely no interest in anything like that.  I have missile Ducati's at my disposal in work all the time but I've no desire to ride them as I've done all that years ago. 

Like I say, we all have different needs/wants from our bikes and that's why peeps buy the bikes that suit them and their needs.  As you're still (fairly) young I see fully understand your need for speed but there's a lot of guys on here who have been there and done that so their priorities are differnet now  

Relaxing Chill Out GIF by Talk Stoop

I know exactly what you're saying there mate we are all at different stages in our biking careers, I don't ride the busa any faster than I did the ninja, the only thing with the busa is that it does it much easier and more comfortably than the ninja did, yes I know many other bikes would do the same job as I require but I just always wanted a busa 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Haha sounds like but isn't, I'm just saying I'm not playing along anymore especially when he rides what he rides and has obviously lost all hope because of that

The main difference is that I actually ride mine, yours is a garage queen, weekend dildo.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, busabeast said:

I would turn it down purely because i have no self control when i get on a fast bike as i go fast, but i cant see that fast anymore so need to stay away from them LOL that's why i went onto the adventure type bikes you can still go quick through the twisty's but don't end up riding 120mph everywhere. When the Hayabusa first came out they had a demonstrator in the local bike shop and i went over to see if i could have a go but they wouldn't let me unless i bought the bike first which was a good thing because the only reason i wanted a go was to do it's top speed LOL
PS i can still think of a few places where i could top it out 😉 :littleguy:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I would turn it down purely because i have no self control when i get on a fast bike as i go fast, but i cant see that fast anymore so need to stay away from them LOL that's why i went onto the adventure type bikes you can still go quick through the twisty's but don't end up riding 120mph everywhere. When the Hayabusa first came out they had a demonstrator in the local bike shop and i went over to see if i could have a go but they wouldn't let me unless i bought the bike first which was a good thing because the only reason i wanted a go was to do it's top speed LOL
PS i can still think of a few places where i could top it out 😉 :littleguy:

With great power comes great pressure to be restrained, im not going to say I don't open the taps occasionally as I do, I mean I've done 160-165 on more than a few occasions, the scary part is purely just how quickly it gets to them speeds without realising it. 

It definitely needs to be treated with alot of respect 

• Like 1