What's the point?

busabeast

41 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I would turn it down purely because i have no self control when i get on a fast bike as i go fast, but i cant see that fast anymore so need to stay away from them LOL that's why i went onto the adventure type bikes you can still go quick through the twisty's but don't end up riding 120mph everywhere. When the Hayabusa first came out they had a demonstrator in the local bike shop and i went over to see if i could have a go but they wouldn't let me unless i bought the bike first which was a good thing because the only reason i wanted a go was to do it's top speed LOL
PS i can still think of a few places where i could top it out 😉 :littleguy:

The old Heads of the Valleys road down that long hill towards Glynneath was my preferred location!

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

The old Heads of the Valleys road down that long hill towards Glynneath was my preferred location!

That's one but not long enough between roundabouts, the A449 heading north out of Newport or the M48  to the old Severn bridge is where i would be heading lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I was disappointed by a fireblade i took out coming up the once it only pulled 150mph lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's one but not long enough between roundabouts, the A449 heading north out of Newport or the M48  to the old Severn bridge is where i would be heading lol

It takes about half a mile to get near to flat out going by how quickly it gets to 160, what's the plod like around there?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was disappointed by a fireblade i took out coming up the once it only pulled 150mph lol

Sounds like it was a misfire or a big flat spot

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

It takes about half a mile to get near to flat out going by how quickly it gets to 160, what's the plod like around there?

Same as anywhere really you just take a chance, the two roads i mention are quiet and straight 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Sounds like it was a misfire or a big flat spot

No it was one of the early fireblades it was uphill and there was a strong headwind, i saw 155mph on the clock of my old VFR going up there with the wife on the back but had a tail wind that's why i was disappointed with the blade LOL 

19 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Same as anywhere really you just take a chance, the two roads i mention are quiet and straight 

Back in the 70's we had open access to Pembrey Aerodrome as well.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Back in the 70's we had open access to Pembrey Aerodrome as well.

In my late teens we used to go down to Llandow race track but i was too late in life for that at its peak. Used to be mental cars and bikes all fucking around on it, got even worse when some wouldn't obey the unwritten one way rule down there and it was all closed down by the time i was 20 

38 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

In my late teens we used to go down to Llandow race track but i was too late in life for that at its peak. Used to be mental cars and bikes all fucking around on it, got even worse when some wouldn't obey the unwritten one way rule down there and it was all closed down by the time i was 20 

Yeh.....I did Llandow a few times! It was a free for all! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

M48  to the old Severn bridge is where i would be heading lol

That's the only place where I used to crank up my KTM950, 130mph on knobblies was enough for me :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1