First Weekend in June!

XTreme

Groundhog Day again......

Screenshot2023-06-02110145.jpg.e374c9bb3a20a033815fbbc0f7f3a6e7.jpg

.......and no rain next Tuesday is no use to me as I've got to work!

Tomorrow morning we're off to Albox for the big shopping trip, and the rest of the weekend nothing as there's no work to be cleared.

What about you lot?

• Like 1

At the moment debating putting the scoot on Marketplace, but would have to take it for a MOT as it is up at the end of July,it would sell better (if I put it up for sale) better with a years ticket on it.

• Like 2

Just now, Clive said:

At the moment debating putting the scoot on Marketplace, but would have to take it for a MOT as it is up at the end of July,it would sell better (if I put it up for sale) better with a years ticket on it.

Are you going to get something else Clive?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Are you going to get something else Clive?

Doubt it, don't use the scoot (covered 150 miles since last MOT) so not much point getting a replacement

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Doubt it, don't use the scoot (covered 150 miles since last MOT) so not much point getting a replacement

End of an era Clive!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

End of an era Clive!

Is has been ending for a couple of years if I am honest, 

But when it happens it will make my wife happy 😁

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Is has been ending for a couple of years if I am honest, 

But when it happens it will make my wife happy 😁

She's worried because of your diminished hearing?

• Like 1

Practicing now and waking the house up.  Singing in a Variety show Saturday night so squeaky bum time until it's done.  Wondering why I agreed to do it at the moment.  😳.   Washed the bike this morning hoping to get out on it over the weekend as the weather looks good, trip down west on the cards for me.  👍

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

She's worried because of your diminished hearing?

No she is used to being deaf now that i can't hear anything.

It's the £££,s she worries about, it will soon be in need of a rear tyre (they ain't much cheaper than bike tyres) and it is on its original belt, rollers and sliders from 2015, so they are needing replacing too. £££,s

She gets the hump on if I am out for longer than a couple of hours, not worth having a bad homelife for a ride out. 😕

• Sad 5

33 minutes ago, Clive said:

No she is used to being deaf now that i can't hear anything.

It's the £££,s she worries about, it will soon be in need of a rear tyre (they ain't much cheaper than bike tyres) and it is on its original belt, rollers and sliders from 2015, so they are needing replacing too. £££,s

She gets the hump on if I am out for longer than a couple of hours, not worth having a bad homelife for a ride out. 😕

You still got to come on here Clive!

I know this lot are a fucking useless bunch of wankers.......but at least you can communicate with us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You still got to come on here Clive!

I know this lot are a fucking useless bunch of wankers.......but at least you can communicate with us!

I won't bugger off, but may change my handle to Skyrider 2 😂

Sorry @skyrider...... 😂

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Don't do it Clive, it'll be the begining of the end.  I can't possibly know what your personal circumstances are but for me there is no way I'd give up my bike because my wife didn't like it.

• Like 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

Don't do it Clive, it'll be the begining of the end.  I can't possibly know what your personal circumstances are but for me there is no way I'd give up my bike because my wife didn't like it.

I tend to agree with that.......it's not just a fact that you won't have a bike, it's more that something you've had all your life is ending.

If there comes a time it has to happen through age, illness, or infirmity then it's your body telling you no more.....not your wife.

When I first met my missus in 1982 I told here I'll always have bikes until I physically can't do it any more. 

The only time she gets wary of me going on a bike is when I meet up with somebody.......just in case I start being stupid! :classic_unsure:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I tend to agree with that.......it's not just a fact that you won't have a bike, it's more that something you've had all your life is ending.

If there comes a time it has to happen through age, illness, or infirmity then it's your body telling you no more.....not your wife.

When I first met my missus in 1982 I told here I'll always have bikes until I physically can't do it any more. 

The only time she gets wary of me going on a bike is when I meet up with somebody.......just in case I start being stupid! :classic_unsure:

kanye west stars GIF by fashgif UTT me. 😂

It's kinda complicated, but anything for a peaceful life that's me.

Deaf yeah, but that's not a reason (or reportable health condition to the DVLA) to stop riding, just don't want the hassle.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Deaf yeah, but that's not a reason (or reportable health condition to the DVLA) to stop riding, just don't want the hassle.

I understand your reason Clive and to be honest I am a lot like that, just easy going let the world go by most of the time, but sometimes you gotta hold on to what is you.    I am lucky with my Mrs she doesn't stop me doing anything with my singing or biking and I have nothing to say about her horse stuff.    But we both gave up alot when the kids came along, later in life and doing that you do lose something of yourself and it can effect your head.   Sorry if I am reading to much into it mate but think before your jump.  

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Clive said:

I think you'll be pretty down if it goes Clive.

I've only done 2000 miles in the last year but at least it's here!

So it sort of gives hope that when it eventually stops raining (hopefully before the wall of heat comes down) I'll be able to get out and ride.

It's the only tangible connection between me as I am now and my younger self.

If that connection gets cut then what I have got going forward?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think you'll be pretty down if it goes Clive.

I've only done 2000 miles in the last year but at least it's here!

So it sort of gives hope that when it eventually stops raining (hopefully before the wall of heat comes down) I'll be able to get out and ride.

It's the only tangible connection between me as I am now and my younger self.

If that connection gets cut then what I have got going forward?

Down now. 😂.....it's depressing looking at the scoot stood in the shed doing nothing, going nowhwere, wife just sees it has a waste of money (insurance & tax)t.

I though I will clean the scoot.....it's as clean as new, I could do a oil change! Bugger only covered 30 mile since I last did it 😂

but while it's stood I ain't costing me anything, it even has a full tank (12 litres) of petrol.. 😂

As said, all I want is a good home with no hassle.

• Like 3

Anyway, let's draw a line under the discussion about the scoot..... 

Better get these bedding plants in while the sunshine's........oh joy. 😂

• Haha 5

Weather been lovely n sunny here, a bit too hot out in the sun. I've waited for the anticipated thunderstorm and as usual it's not appeared. Weather looks nice over the weekend, one thing I know about the forecast for here is it's always much hotter than they say it's going to be! Today's 22 turned into 26 degrees. 

IMG_0296.thumb.png.704db9c89f1d4e4ae48b74574d9a538d.png

But the weather away from here looks a bit crap so I have a girly weekend and home planned of experimental kitchen and sewing. Got some new gear, for tenderising meat, growing beansprouts and a danish whisk for mixing dough 👏

The tenderiser is gloriously sharp and savage to use, great fun.

IMG_0297.thumb.png.2ef19ebe4a83ef0048edad135213bf02.png

IMG_0298.thumb.png.d913a8ecb0351bfce39507f08a8dd7b1.png

Tomorrow I'll roast whatever cut it is I bought thats marinading in the fridge and we shall see if 48 razor sharp spines make any difference!

God knows what it is, I couldn't find a translation and 'Filete Vacuno' can't be Beef Fillet at €11.49 a kilo!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Weather been lovely n sunny here, a bit too hot out in the sun. I've waited for the anticipated thunderstorm and as usual it's not appeared. Weather looks nice over the weekend, one thing I know about the forecast for here is it's always much hotter than they say it's going to be! Today's 22 turned into 26 degrees. 

IMG_0296.thumb.png.704db9c89f1d4e4ae48b74574d9a538d.png

But the weather away from here looks a bit crap so I have a girly weekend and home planned of experimental kitchen and sewing. Got some new gear, for tenderising meat, growing beansprouts and a danish whisk for mixing dough 👏

The tenderiser is gloriously sharp and savage to use, great fun.

IMG_0297.thumb.png.2ef19ebe4a83ef0048edad135213bf02.png

IMG_0298.thumb.png.d913a8ecb0351bfce39507f08a8dd7b1.png

Tomorrow I'll roast whatever cut it is I bought thats marinading in the fridge and we shall see if 36 razor sharp spines make any difference!

God knows what it is, I couldn't find a translation and 'Filete Vacuno' can't be Beef Fillet at €11.49 a kilo!!

Looks like an new accessory for your S&M dungeon :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 1