Transalp test ride

Specs

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Probably too trail oriented for Alan I'd have thought.

I just looked at the Strom 800DE......230kgs! WTF?

And fugly. The colours are hideous as is that tank/beak. 

17 hours ago, Specs said:

Tried it when it was first released. The lump sticking out of the right hand side of the engine (gearbox cover?) kept getting in the way of my right calf. Irritating so gave up on it. I went there ready to do a deal!

Ah yes , I can remember you saying that now.  I removed that guard on  mine 👍

37 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Ah yes , I can remember you saying that now.  I removed that guard on  mine 👍

Bloody hell! That simple? Bugger. :classic_blink:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

They still sell them now, not too late.

Don't buy a euro5 though big lump of a cat on the exhaust dowpipes now and heavier with no extra power

Shrugs GIF

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Specs said:

Too tall. 

First it's this, then it's that...

You're just coming up with excuses to go back and buy another GS, you know you want to :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

You're just coming up with excuses to go back and buy another GS, you know you want to :classic_laugh:

Your right Pedro i remember when he bought a Honda CRV it wasn't long before he longed for the BMW badge again, i think he said something like the Honda just didn't have the unreliability of the BMW and he liked how the BMW got him to meet new people, mostly breakdown truck drivers LOL

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

i think he said something like the Honda just didn't have the unreliability of the BMW and he liked how the BMW got him to meet new people, mostly breakdown truck drivers LOL

Thank God that affliction has never affected me!

But it's absolutely true about getting to meet new people, mostly breakdown truck drivers........they even invited me to their Xmas Party last year!

• Haha 4

On 31/05/2023 at 21:43, Pedro said:

Too expensive, and the local stealers are useless. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just saw a TA review and apparently it has tubed tyres!

That's put me right off!

It's a subject that pisses me off, when the new Africa twin came out lots of people were complaining about the tubed wheels and then you had the off road mob saying its better with tubes you should have bought a different bike if you wanted to ride on the road fucking plonkers. A tubeless wheel with the option of putting tubes in if you wanted would have been the best option, i cant see it costing much more for tubeless spoked wheels and to put your mind at rest I've not had a puncture since i bought it in 2016 probably cursed myself now lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's a subject that pisses me off, when the new Africa twin came out lots of people were complaining about the tubed wheels and then you had the off road mob saying its better with tubes you should have bought a different bike if you wanted to ride on the road fucking plonkers. A tubeless wheel with the option of putting tubes in if you wanted would have been the best option, i cant see it costing much more for tubeless spoked wheels and to put your mind at rest I've not had a puncture since i bought it in 2016 probably cursed myself now lol

I see it as a retrograde step myself!

The Strom 800DE is tubeless!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Its just one of those things if they make a bike more off road worthy they tend to have tubed tyres unless your paying big money for a bike

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 08/06/2023 at 19:40, XTreme said:

The Strom 800DE is tubed. The Strom 650 XC is tubeless. 

It seems that most of the new bikes in that class are running tubed tyres.

• Like 2