paging Tango

MooN

or anybody else who's actually ridden one.

Srambler 900 questions,  not for me, but daughters boyfriend is passing his test at the mo and is looking for a bike. He was looking at a triumph scrambler 900 (2nd hand but from a dealer) and I stupidly said " I know a bloke wot's got one, i'll ask him how he likes it" ( I was probably a little drunk at the time...) His will be restricted  to 47.5 HP for the A2 licence ( I think) 

I'm vaguely trying to steer him in the direction of a Trident as being better adapted, and more saleable as and when he changes his mind as to what he wants. 

Thoughts?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yes I have!

I'm amazed the boy will listen to any advice from a Cunt like you!

Oh I never said h'd listen to me... but I did say I'd ask. 

• Haha 3

The Scrambler 900 is a pretty good bike. Although his would be restricted the bike is more about the torque than the bhp, so it pulls pretty good from low revs. The pillion seat is pretty small, but it's the same on the Trident. The seat height is pretty low at 790mm, so it's pretty easy to flat foot it when stopped. It's quite heavy, 223kg, but it carries the weight pretty low, so you don't really notice it. The tank is only 12L, so the range isn't fantastic,  but it's not too bad on the fuel. I'm getting around 4.0l/100km (70mpg), which is pretty good for a 900cc, 223kg bike.

It's only got a 5 speed box, but it doesn't need any more really, because of the torque.

The handling isn't too bad either. It's not in sports bike territory,  but it can be moved along fairly smart!

Would he be buying new, or secondhand?

• Like 2

I had an early one (i think it was 2005) , it was one of the first 865cc , they were 790 before that (I may be wrong).  I liked it but I would have wrecked it as I started going trail riding on it so I part-ex'd it.  I thought mine was a bit slow for nearly 900cc's but it sure looked pretty.

I'm slightly pissed off as I looked for a couple of hours last night but I can't find any pictures of mine :classic_angry:

• Like 2

On 28/04/2023 at 20:46, MooN said:

or anybody else who's actually ridden one.

Srambler 900 questions,  not for me, but daughters boyfriend is passing his test at the mo and is looking for a bike. He was looking at a triumph scrambler 900 (2nd hand but from a dealer) and I stupidly said " I know a bloke wot's got one, i'll ask him how he likes it" ( I was probably a little drunk at the time...) His will be restricted  to 47.5 HP for the A2 licence ( I think) 

I'm vaguely trying to steer him in the direction of a Trident as being better adapted, and more saleable as and when he changes his mind as to what he wants. 

Thoughts?

has he looked into insurance ... my nephew is looking at doing his a2 and was looking at bikes , any thing with a bigger engine restricted was stupid money to insure.... 390 ktm and bikes that size was much better on insurance...he is only 17 though

• Like 2