Scrambler XE panniers advice

Scrambler steve

18 minutes ago, Scrambler steve said:

They won’t be going on permanent, only when we do Italy, end of summer. Planning on going all the way to Sicily, staying there for a week, then back into Italy, and catching ferry across to Croatia. We will have a laptop with us, as we will need to do some work in the 5 weeks, but not happy about having a laptop in a non aluminium pannier! 

Sounds good. 

Don’t do what I did and forget your neoprene sleeve then slide your brand new laptop down the inside of the pannier thinking it will be safer there and then discover the vibrations have gone through the inner pannier nuts and scratched the shite out of it. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Scrambler steve said:

Bit of a homophobic comment,

Most of us are of a certain age on here Steve, when we say 'Gay' it's not usually meantt in a homophobic way.  Most of us can't be bothered with all the PC claptrap that's slung about nowadays.

Tell us some more about your bike, I have a similar bike to yours and it came with some panniers already on it ............

IMG_2294.thumb.jpeg.f33231ee9070d20ba7cead5729b4b535.jpeg

• Like 2

On 28/02/2023 at 19:27, Scrambler steve said:

They won’t be going on permanent, only when we do Italy, end of summer. Planning on going all the way to Sicily, staying there for a week, then back into Italy, and catching ferry across to Croatia. We will have a laptop with us, as we will need to do some work in the 5 weeks, but not happy about having a laptop in a non aluminium pannier! 

Ok, totally reasonable and practical outlook. I always take my laptop on the bike travels, in the Kriega us-pack 5. It's a lenovo x250, very old now, has seen the inside of that bag 1000s of kms, all weather. 

It's each to their own, sorry if I was to brute. I've always had nakeds, love your scrambler to death, cannot fathom boxes, or horror of horrors, top boxes!! I prefer to carry virtually nothing, wash my underwear every night if needs be and hang it on the bike for the first hour or so of the day to dry out. I've had kriega since 2008 ( the same bags), amazing.

We always think we need more then what we do. 

Sicily must be gorgeous, which I was going!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

I've just deleted all the posts not related to @Scrambler steve asking about panniers.  I will start another thread where we can discuss whether it's OK to say gay or not

im not going to say it , would be far to predictable

• Haha 2