Lets talk helmets.

Saul

I am thinking of getting an open face with goggles for my everyday use.  I am a speccy twat  which is part of the reason I want to go that route. 

I fancy a plain piss pot Arai or Shoei, or even a Bell which I can. run with a plain peak and goggles. 

Have any of the hive brain got any experience to share.especially which goggles work well with glasses.    

And yes I know Bell aren't what they used to be but I like them.  

I already have a full face and a Jet style  open face and while they are ok I don't really like either.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

I am thinking of getting an open face with goggles for my everyday use.  I am a speccy twat  which is part of the reason I want to go that route. 

I fancy a plain piss pot Arai or Shoei, or even a Bell which I can. run with a plain peak and goggles. 

Have any of the hive brain got any experience to share.especially which goggles work well with glasses.    

And yes I know Bell aren't what they used to be but I like them.  

I already have a full face and a Jet style  open face and while they are ok I don't really like either.  

I wouldn't wear an open face for safety reasons.......plus it's going to be brutal this time of year.

• Like 1

I have thought about that mate but I have always had a decent openface in the past and do prefer them for local stuff.  It's the goggles option I want to learn more about but I thought I would ask here first hand experience would be better than the never ending stream of  'Aren't these great videos on YouTube'.  

Goggles are a pain in the arse, good luck finding any that don't mash your glasses into your schnoz, steam up and fit nicely inside the helmet. 

Flip lid and drop down sun visor that fits over the top of your glasses would be my preference, best of all worlds, can wear your glasses, easily use the the sun visor when the winter suns in your eyeballs or shove it back in the shaded parts, a pinlock tends to help stop fogging and when you're at low speeds lift the front of the lid for the open face thing (lovely in the summer, or doing up misbehaving zips, having a sip of water or reading that address you stupidly wrote down on a bit of paper😆).

My Shoei and Schuberth all work over the top of glasses (sunglasses cos I dont wear glasses but same principle), think Buck has a nice HJC or Caberg that does the same. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Goggles are a pain in the arse, good luck finding any that don't mash your glasses into your schnoz, steam up and fit nicely inside the helmet. 

Flip lid and drop down sun visor that fits over the top of your glasses would be my preference, best of all worlds, can wear your glasses, easily use the the sun visor when the winter suns in your eyeballs or shove it back in the shaded parts, a pinlock tends to help stop fogging and when you're at low speeds lift the front of the lid for the open face thing (lovely in the summer, or doing up misbehaving zips, having a sip of water or reading that address you stupidly wrote down on a bit of paper😆).

My Shoei and Schuberth all work over the top of glasses (sunglasses cos I dont wear glasses but same principle), think Buck has a nice HJC or Caberg that does the same. 

Scorpion Exo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saul said:

I have thought about that mate but I have always had a decent openface in the past and do prefer them for local stuff.  It's the goggles option I want to learn more about but I thought I would ask here first hand experience would be better than the never ending stream of  'Aren't these great videos on YouTube'.  

I wore goggles in the Winter of 71......all I can remember is the sponge bits getting soaking wet and nearly freezing on my face.

Oh.....and getting stuck behind slow moving heavy vehicles and your face would end up black apart from around the eyes......sort of a reverse Panda! 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I have a Bell open face which I wear with moto cross goggles but only in the summer.  I wouldn't contemplate wearing it at this time of the year.

Would you try wearing glasses under the goggles though?

My friend has spent a crazy amount of time and money searching for goggles that fit over her glasses comfortably but to no avail.

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My friend has spent a crazy amount of time and money searching for goggles that fit over her glasses comfortably but to no avail.

You are better off with something like THESE.

15 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No, I don't think that would work.

My girlfriend used to wear glasses and she did do ok with 100% Accuri, the OTG version. These are motocross goggles, so might or night not go with the styling you want.

• Like 1