Plans for 2023

Skippy

15 hours ago, boboneleg said:

My wife and I would love to visit the beautiful galleries like Vittorio Emanuele  but we'd have to guage his mood on the day to see if it's possible.

Galleries … 

sam winchester yawn GIF

26 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Galleries … 

sam winchester yawn GIF

You are a heathen , you have less class than a woodlouse .  How could you not be impressed with this sort of architecture ? it certainly looks better than the inside of a van

Galleria_Milano_(179532365).thumb.jpeg.77db87e16ded154fc73dabdb1f8d4016.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You are a heathen , you have less class than a woodlouse .  How could you not be impressed with this sort of architecture ? it certainly looks better than the inside of a van

You said gallery .. which is looking at paintings … I’m all for nice bit architecture 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Been there. It's certainly very impressive!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, boboneleg said:

My main focus this year will be my sons 30th birthday.  He's always wanted to go to the Teatro Alla Scala in Milan to watch an opera. Unfortunately we have to include a visit to the mother-in-laws in Caserta at the same time  (the other end of Italy) or there will be hell to pay.

Going to Dent for XRV/Big Trailie rally in September as one of the guys is turning 70 so I don't want to miss that.

I'd love to fit a Euro trip in as well but we'll have to see how that goes,

I've been to Milan with work a few times. The first time was for an international engineering meeting for the company I worked for at the time. It started well, with our International business director,  who had flown in from the European headquarters in Geneva. He got a taxi from the airport to the hotel, paid the driver and got out and walked to the back of the taxi to get his cases out of the boot (trunk) and stood and watched the taxi drive off with his cases. When he told us all about it the local guys just shook their heads and said " rule number 1, get your cases out of the taxi before you pay the driver!"

We had a great meal one evening at a swanky restaurant and after the meal the Italian guys insisted that we try a good number of the extremely expensive grappa that they had there. Then, after all this, a few of the local guys insisted on taking some of us on a sightseeing tour of the city, which included stopping at various junctions and calling some of the extremely attractive "ladies" over to ask the price. Then taking great delight in pointing out the "ladies" Adam's apple and deep voices! I think that this was by way of a warning to us foreigners! 😂😂

A great city, but you've got to have your wits about you there!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tango said:

A great city, but you've got to have your wits about you there!

My wife's family come from Napoli , Milan will be like a walk in the park compared to Napoli :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 03/01/2023 at 20:47, XTreme said:

The will of the people Caroline!

FlieTr2WIAIWBCu.jpeg.6ab3222511e44e889f5fffddec4a04a3.jpeg

Croatia just moved up into the Eurozone. Turkey, Hungary and the Czech's are each trying to mov up one notch, we haven't got time to deal with whingeing drama Queens as well... You wanted out, made the whole thing as difficult and petty as possible fro everyone, now you can FUCK OFF! 

sorry, but it needs saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MooN said:

Croatia just moved up into the Eurozone. Turkey, Hungary and the Czech's are each trying to mov up one notch, we haven't got time to deal with whingeing drama Queens as well... You wanted out, made the whole thing as difficult and petty as possible fro everyone, now you can FUCK OFF! 

sorry, but it needs saying.

Jimmy Fallon Truth GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 2