Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thanks Pete but I think I’ll stick with being myself. 

What happened to your previous missive that everyone’s welcome even if they don’t ride a bike? All a bit judgy for my tastes. 

Don't be making it a complete sausage fest here Caroline 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thanks Pete but I think I’ll stick with being myself. 

What happened to your previous missive that everyone’s welcome even if they don’t ride a bike? All a bit judgy for my tastes. 

That's still true! But I'd like to see the people who do have bikes make a positive contribution in terms of ride reports and other bike related stuff!

Considering the forum is a free resource that anybody can use (probably the only non-subscription one out there) I don't think it's asking too much for people to give something back by getting involved and helping it grow and develop.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No......there's no nasty or vindictive people on here. All in all it's a decent bunch.

It's just that this place can only survive with new members coming in........that literally is what the future depends on.

No......I'm simply addressing concerns that members (both current and former) have spoken to me about. Of course there's a place for humour and banter.......but there has to be a balance between that and quality content.

That's why Ride Reports are so important.......look at ours compared to other places!

As an example, Bob is a Mod here......and look at what he does on his bikes. He gets respect not cos he's a Mod but because of his motorcycling! Now look at the Mods on some other forums! See the difference?

Be like Bob!

Too much nitpicking and criticising and judging from people that post absolutely nothing at all about bikes or riding bikes or whatever.

If it’s not to someone’s tastes then move on, but negativity and sucking the life and joy out of the place isn’t cool. By not making the slight effort to even post outside of the usual diatribe that’s what one does, makes it less alive. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Considering the forum is a free resource that anybody can use (probably the only non-subscription one out there) I don't think it's asking too much for people to give something back by getting involved and helping it grow and develop.

Easily done by taking a few pictures when out on the bike, that most people take anyway, and then post them around with three words. 

• Like 2

Oof theres some real bitchy stuff in this thread.

I’d guess theres been some behind the scenes bitching going on and now it’s spilling out in a less than joyous way.

Any new person you’d hope to draw in is gonna read this shit and run a mile.

Take a chill pill.

Good Vibes Mind Blown GIF by Bokeh Productions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Saul.......I'd really like your input on this as a newer member. You came into this a year ago so you will probably more objective than most of us.

Where are we getting it wrong and where are we getting it right?

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's still true! But I'd like to see the people who do have bikes make a positive contribution in terms of ride reports and other bike related stuff!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

giphy.gif

WE need a Van Action thread!

Strangely enough they get a lot of views......I think people are drawn to them by the suspense of seeing whether the bike actually comes out of the van!

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Too much nitpicking and criticising and judging from people that post absolutely nothing at all about bikes or riding bikes or whatever.

If it’s not to someone’s tastes then move on, but negativity and sucking the life and joy out of the place isn’t cool. By not making the slight effort to even post outside of the usual diatribe that’s what one does, makes it less alive. 

Nail on the head there.  👍

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

WE need a Van Action thread!

Strangely enough they get a lot of views......I think people are drawn to them by the suspense of seeing whether the bike actually comes out of the van!

coming soon ... trial run to see if i can  easily get two bikes in it, booked to go away may next year with nephew , full report when doing trial run .

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BusaBullshitterbeast said:

This fucking cough can do one.... now everytime I cough im unable to see for a few seconds, what the fuck is going on with me?

Book your hernia examination now, save time later. 👍 

• Haha 3