Your Day Today!

XTreme

Brother no 1 has managed a 180 pivot and is now saying he’s going to get lasting power of attorney. I’ve explained dementia can fracture families and collaboration n complete transparency is the only way to go. He seems on board with that. So good 👍

Her friend sounds to me more like she is upset about losing her to fading mental capacity but apart from her driving I don’t think she’s a danger to herself or others.. yet!

God lunch tomorrow is gonna be ‘orrible, if you hear in the news about a freak tornado, thunder and lightning etc over Buckinghamshire tomorrow that’ll be her causing it 😆 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Brother no 1 has managed a 180 pivot and is now saying he’s going to get lasting power of attorney. I’ve explained dementia can fracture families and collaboration n complete transparency is the only way to go. He seems on board with that. So good 👍

Her friend sounds to me more like she is upset about losing her to fading mental capacity but apart from her driving I don’t think she’s a danger to herself or others.. yet!

God lunch tomorrow is gonna be ‘orrible, if you hear in the news about a freak tornado, thunder and lightning etc over Buckinghamshire tomorrow that’ll be her causing it 😆 

Well you never know it might pull you all together 

• Like 2

shit weather here at the moment, been hammering with rain and blowing a bloody hooligan since wednesday evening. I had planned on going toTroyes on wednesday ( bank holiday) but it would have been foolish to be out on a bike in what they forcast for the evening and I coulsn't have got home before the eastern edge of the depression reached us so I cancelled. Still blowing hard today so no riding either. hoping it will have blown through by tomorrow so i dont have to spent the entire weekend inside.

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Well you never know it might pull you all together 

We are close in our own way. We were brought up to never hold back, shown that complete honesty even if brutal is the only way to go. Consequently things can blow up to the highest level very quickly but it does generally mean we always know where the other ones coming from and what they think, normally it’s resolved pretty quickly.

Personally I think it’s a great way to be because everything is out in the open. I see other families relationships where they tend to quietly seethe and it’s just not good.

I’ve watched a 1000 different variations of dementia over the years and it’s always awful.

There’s resentment from the ‘child’ thats doing the majority of the leg work and mistrust from the ones who aren’t there doing the work but feeling the need to intervene and be included whilst wondering if they are being swindled or frozen out. All whilst watching a person slowly die, and they lose them twice. 

I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose them in this process so if I’m going into this hellfire, they are coming with me!

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

We are close in our own way. We were brought up to never hold back, shown that complete honesty even if brutal is the only way to go. Consequently things can blow up to the highest level very quickly but it does generally mean we always know where the other ones coming from and what they think, normally it’s resolved pretty quickly.

Personally I think it’s a great way to be because everything is out in the open. I see other families relationships where they tend to quietly seethe and it’s just not good.

I’ve watched a 1000 different variations of dementia over the years and it’s always awful.

There’s resentment from the ‘child’ thats doing the majority of the leg work and mistrust from the ones who aren’t there doing the work but feeling the need to intervene and be included whilst wondering if they are being swindled or frozen out. All whilst watching a person slowly die, and they lose them twice. 

I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose them in this process so if I’m going into this hellfire, they are coming with me!

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

Is Dementia on the increase these days?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is that Pole still living round there?

All UK folks around here now i think, but it can be hard to keep track, as several houses have new tenants every 6 months or so. 

But we are doing ok, our street has not been on Police Interceptors tv programme for over a year. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Clive said:

All UK folks around here now i think, but it can be hard to keep track, as several houses have new tenants every 6 months or so. 

But we are doing ok, our street has not been on Police Interceptors tv programme for over a year. 😂 

There's always that alternative Lifestyle Choice that your Home Secretary mentioned Clive?

• Haha 3

It is said there are rough sleepers in Mansfield town center, but I rarely go into town, and would never go there after dark, so I would not know if it's true or not.

Most of the lifestyle choice around here is, don't go to work and claim all the benefits that are available, wish I could , I quite fancy a 50 inch TV. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yes simply because everyone is living longer. 

If everyone lived long enough then everyone would get some form of dementia.

How long is long...?  like 73 years old. 

Just asking for a friend. 

12 hours ago, Marcel said:

Oh my head...I had to blow off a little steam...the crown was flowing last night....I don't drink very often been almost a year and I think I had like six beers since my last drink...it's the annual rush to get cars prep for winter at the shop...book solid till the end of the month...I hate doing it but I have to turn customers away...we can only do so much....it's like this every year ...people wait till the first snowflakes and it's on....it's like some of them think winter will pass us by...they must be watching the news and think climate change will come this year and we won't have snow...

They were probably busy clearing up the dead polar bears carcasses.

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well most Europeans live to 77 for men and 83 for women with dementia diagnoses setting in at a staggeringly early 45- 65

The earlier the diagnoses the worse the prognosis.

Hollyshit....no wonder at time this place feels like dementia  colony...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well most Europeans live to 77 for men and 83 for women with dementia diagnoses setting in at a staggeringly early 45- 65

The earlier the diagnoses the worse the prognosis.

I saw that life expectancy in Britain is lower than most other developed countries.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/07/06/uk-has-one-of-the-lowest-life-expectancies-among-rich-countries-why

• Like 1

IS DEMENTIA CAUSED BY ALUMINUM THROUGH FLUORIDATION?

This explains a lot I think, as one who only drinks pure spring water and watches my diet closely for contamination I, at 71, am cool and clear, however when I think about my interactions with people and their inability to move past headlines I see that dementia is rife, around here it seems to be mostly confined to one of the private lounges.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I saw that life expectancy in Britain is lower than most other developed countries.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/07/06/uk-has-one-of-the-lowest-life-expectancies-among-rich-countries-why

It's the Tories killing folks off 😂

And let's be honest, whats the chance of a Spaniard working himself to death?

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

81, 82 or 83 is plenty old enough for anyone isn’t it?

How long does any one of us want to spend in old age?!!

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

And he's still going at 105.

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'm gonna go till I can't no longer move and make my to a bathroom to take a dump...no way in hell they'll put a diaper on me....it's in my will....give me the death vaccine.