Your Day Today!

XTreme

Today I have been mostly swearing at my fecking Metabo mitre saw that decided to give up the ghost just when I needed it. Pretty sure it can be fixed but didn’t have the time so had to resort to an antique that was my Dads to get the job done.  Anyway fixed Little Bits bed so at least she is happy.   

25EC1D8E-952D-4BAA-A084-BAE47F3C4E7A.jpeg

FDF4281D-6C06-4457-AB0C-8C599BE1BDFF.jpeg

07AB8360-E96D-4A90-B93C-B643AEBF0F16.jpeg

1BF6ABFD-F104-4199-980C-6E9DBDA9EEA6.jpeg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Saul said:

Today I have been mostly swearing at my fecking Metabo mitre saw that decided to give up the ghost just when I needed it. Pretty sure it can be fixed but didn’t have the time so had to resort to an antique that was my Dads to get the job done.  Anyway fixed Little Bits bed so at least she is happy.   

25EC1D8E-952D-4BAA-A084-BAE47F3C4E7A.jpeg

FDF4281D-6C06-4457-AB0C-8C599BE1BDFF.jpeg

07AB8360-E96D-4A90-B93C-B643AEBF0F16.jpeg

1BF6ABFD-F104-4199-980C-6E9DBDA9EEA6.jpeg

Nice work! She'll boil in there in the summer won't she?! 

I quite fancy a thread along the lines of "What you made/making/bodged" because there's a lot of resourceful people on here doing things I think we'd all enjoy seeing. What do you think? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I quite fancy a thread along the lines of "What you made/making/bodged" because there's a lot of resourceful people on here doing things I think we'd all enjoy seeing. What do you think? 

I do not have the tools or facilities to do any jobs like that.......so most things I do are bodged. 😂 

• Haha 4

But in the month of March I can watch the professionals at work.

They are coming to (try) do the repairs on the mould/damp on the ceilings and walls, and sort out the windows too.

The girl/woman who spoke to my wife and said it will cause such a mess that they will redecorate all through the bungalow, we don't have wallpaper so the job will be easier for them. 

Hope we ain't living in a building site for the month.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

I do not have the tools or facilities to do any jobs like that.......so most things I do are bodged. 😂 

I love a good bodge.

Although if its a good bodge I tend to think of them as resourceful fixes, and if they're bad more of a farmer fix 😂

My epoxy resin 'fix' of the fridge handle back on last week was definitely a farmer fix, glad its out in the garage and I don't have to look at it 😮😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

She will feel the heat in the summer and the cold tonight.  I tried to tell her but 15 year olds won't listen.   She is so obsessed with having her own room away from her sister, who is an angel in comparison.  Mind you I have to give her credit she has worked her backside off sorting the conservatory as it has been a tack room/dump room for at least the last three years.    We are researching repairing the blinds at the moment as some of the clips are broken.   They gotta be 20 years old.   

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think that is a very good idea.  I might start a shed building thread as that is my next task.  Now the weather seems to be improving I want to get on with it.  

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Where am I supposed to post?

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

I think that is a very good idea.  I might start a shed building thread as that is my next task.  Now the weather seems to be improving I want to get on with it.  

I bought a Yardmaster steel (😂) garden shed years ago, thought it would be more secure than a wooden one, how wrong I was on that score. 😂 

I assumed it would be a relatively easy thing to assemble,  once again how wrong was I.

Every panel, frame section and fittings where clearly labelled. 

But why did it have to be "using fitting A527....connect panel B542 to door support C192".......not part 1 to part 2 using part 3........

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm thinking this (two rows down) is a better deal .............................

281519042_5521345044553666_2646568283283277364_n.jpg.56077175544e0605cbcb05d7658d73bf.jpg

My brother in law assemble a flat pack wardrobe in their bedroom, he was not  very happy with it as the doors dragged on the carpet..........I looked at it, and noticed the plinth was on the top......he was not best pleased when I pointed out he has assembled it upside down 😂 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

I bought a Yardmaster steel (😂) garden shed years ago, thought it would be more secure than a wooden one, how wrong I was on that score. 😂 

I assumed it would be a relatively easy thing to assemble,  once again how wrong was I.

Every panel, frame section and fittings where clearly labelled. 

But why did it have to be "using fitting A527....connect panel B542 to door support C192".......not part 1 to part 2 using part 3........

I worked as a small projects builder and Gardener/handy man for 6 years before my current job.  I have put several of those Yardmaster sheds together, I agree they are a pain in the ass.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Saul said:

We are researching repairing the blinds at the moment as some of the clips are broken.   They gotta be 20 years old.   

We have what look like the same in ours, plenty of people doing spares. Think we got ours off eBay.

Do all the plastic bits, they turn to powder. 

• Like 4