Representation of my weekend commuting

Saul

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Bleddy cold wet and dark. 😳 

Gonna have to get some warmer riding gear.   

Mind you I couldn't have parked the bike any closer to my office.  

IMG_7913.thumb.jpg.2e42e15dbd445919d5d195fa4037402e.jpg

How's the bike going Saul?

Decent bike gear is essential if you're commuting or doing serious mileage year round. I've picked up some pretty good gear secondhand on ebay over the years. There's also a lot of crap on there, so you've got to be a bit picky.

• Like 3

Bikes going perfectly mate, starting to free up nicely now it is approaching 1800 miles.   Its me thats struggling, although its just a case of getting used to it not being sunny and warm 😉

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Bikes going perfectly mate, starting to free up nicely now it is approaching 1800 miles.   Its me thats struggling, although its just a case of getting used to it not being sunny and warm 😉

We've still got temps up to 30.......but it's going to change soon!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Bleddy cold wet and dark. 😳 

Gonna have to get some warmer riding gear.   

Mind you I couldn't have parked the bike any closer to my office.  

IMG_7913.thumb.jpg.2e42e15dbd445919d5d195fa4037402e.jpg

Looking good though eh?!

I’m a seriously frozone person so I tried a cabillion bits of bike attire promising warmth that really didn’t deliver.
I heartily recommend snowmobile suits. Designed for superfeckin freezin temps. If you get the right sort they’re waterproof too. 
But they’re expensive and the second choice coming in waaaay cheaper (but does need waterproofs over the top in rainy weather) is coldstore work gear. Designed to be worn in sub zero freezers all day available cheap in all sorts of combos. Easy to get over a mobike jacket - assuming your not 5XL. 

• Like 2

I don't know, if you're commuting, when it takes you more time to put in your gear, get warm, ride the bike, get out of your gear, than it does to drive, just drive and be warm and healthy to enjoy motorcycling when it's meant to be enjoyed.

I once commuted on my Transalp, in winter it took longer than driving, but I never had to face serious traffic.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Shocked Oh My God GIF

And definitely don’t Google ‘furry hand muff’ because you have a natty Victorian style wool cape that would look well with a traditional hand muff.
Where your mind is when you type that into a search engine and where the resulting images will take you could scar you for life. 
Probably.. maybe.. just something I heard… 😁

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We've still got temps up to 30.......but it's going to change soon!

The average daily temperature are around 9 to 14⁰c here now so it's definitely starting to drop 

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

I don't know, when it takes you more time to put in your gear, get warm, ride the bike, get out of your gear, than it does to drive, just drive and be warm and healthy to enjoy motorcycling when it's meant to be enjoyed.

I once commuted on my Transalp, in winter it took longer than driving, but I never had to face serious traffic.

Hmm so in the uk that’s about 4-6 weeks a year. 

I used to agree but changed my view after waiting for good weather, that just didn’t happen for way too long.
Eventually I sorted out good warm gear that took little time to add and decided the peace and happiness motorcycling brings was worth the few extra minutes suiting up and stripping off. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

Muffs ready after lying in the shed for many years unused and unloved

Mffs.thumb.jpg.2ecffb5b4c68609bc35cac569f7c6a78.jpg

What do you mean they were unloved? Did you just "love" them?

Parks And Rec Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

The average daily temperature are around 9 to 14⁰c here now so it's definitely starting to drop 

I would be springing for a nice Rukka suit and hoping not to die.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Don't know but that look's pretty gay.... I bet Pete has a pair on order.. 

They are petes old ones he sold to him as they weren't gay enough for his Honda 

Teen Choice Awards 2016 GIF by FOX Teen Choice

• Haha 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hang around here for too long needing to wash is a given 😂

I am learning that, all that obsessive hand washing during the pandemic has created habits 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3