The politics show

busabeast

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Why not just have one thread for anyone who wants to talk political bullshit and all those who don't just don't view or post.....

We're all fucked

Cos people often take their opinions on politics seriously and see any debate as a personal attack rather than a topic for discussion. 
People genuinely fall out for good over this stuff. Mainly cos they’re mental but there we are 😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Cos people often take their opinions on politics seriously and see any debate as a personal attack rather than a topic for discussion. 
People genuinely fall out for good over this stuff. Mainly cos they’re mental but there we are 😂

What @Slowlycatchymonkey said, I've seen it many times and before the internet I've seen people fighting over it in the local pub some people cant control their feelings on the subject and as far as i'm concerned its a lot of wasted time and effort because your talking about something you will never change and can only have an effect in the polling stations which is where i air my views, that's if i can be arsed to vote for whatever piece of trash is up for election.

• Like 3

Like Fred and Caroline said.......it creates bad feeling. Look at Social Media channels.....it's full of that along with Covid conspiracies.

This no politics rule has been in place on all the previous forums.....it's nothing new. So if you want to talk about Politics you need to go to a Political Forum....not a Motorcycle one.

By all means put a Political meme in the Jokes thread......but let's not get into any political discussions.

And I will add that the people who have have been starting these threads today (knowing full well the rule has always been in place) would be better served by making positive motorcycle related contributions to the forum as many others do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Like Fred and Caroline said.......it creates bad feeling. Look at Social Media channels.....it's full of that along with Covid conspiracies.

This no politics rule has been in place on all the previous forums.....it's nothing new. So if you want to talk about Politics you need to go to a Political Forum....not a Motorcycle one.

By all means put a Political meme in the Jokes thread......but let's not get into any political discussions.

And I will add that the people who have have been starting these threads today (knowing full well the rule has always been in place) would be better served by making positive motorcycle related contributions to the forum as many others do.

With the amount of gayness going on here lately .... I think some... Most maybe should move to a gay forum.. 

• Haha 2

I've now deleted three threads!

I've asked people sensibly......and quite frankly I don't have time for this childish nonsense.

If some of you want to continue with this stuff then you have to accept that whatever happens is going to be down to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've now deleted three threads!

I've asked people sensibly......and quite frankly I don't have time for this childish nonsense.

If some of you want to continue with this stuff then you have to accept that whatever happens is going to be down to you.

Honestly I just thought that if we had 1 thread for it anyone wishing to have a conversation about it could without interfering with the bike orientated stuff I'm not after people falling out but if you'd rather then you can get rid of the thread if you feel it would just cause issue 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Honestly I just thought that if we had 1 thread for it anyone wishing to have a conversation about it could without interfering with the bike orientated stuff I'm not after people falling out but if you'd rather then you can get rid of the thread if you feel it would just cause issue 

No.....I'll leave the thread to make things clear.

But to reiterate that this is something that everybody agreed to in the T&C's at signup time.

• Like 2

I know what you mean @Richzx6r it seems daft to ban a subject that effects our daily lives so acutely but you’re approaching it from the stance of someone who’s doesn’t see a reason to throw a tantrum over a discussion about politics. Unfortunately because it has such a profound effect on peoples lives people feel passionately about what needs to be done and easily get carried away even if in other areas they’re perfectly reasonable. 

I was brought up in a house where politics was debated on a daily basis. It was a normal topic of conversation and you were rated on your ability to debate. Mostly this was simply a discussion about whys n wherefores but sometimes a huge amount of fun with whooping and jeering thrown in for good measure when someone exposed a weak point in someone’s argument and the OP couldn’t respond or keep up. I loved it when that happened it was a good laugh. Sometimes it would degenerate into someone getting called a wanker or having some physical attribute mocked for a laugh at their expense but we never took it seriously. When the conversation finished the topic was finished… for the time being until the person who lost came up with a new angle 😆
A lot of people do get very angry, it’s sad when people fall out over politics. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, XTreme said:

i'll have you done for infringing my right to free speech .... 

Starmers a cunt

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i'll have you done for infringing my right to free speech .... 

Starmers a cunt

I agree it could be a hate crime Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Or you're just being a bit of a snowflake 

• Haha 2