The Real Truth about the CB500X

XTreme

2 hours ago, zzzak said:

You're in the army now.

You see the logic of the Harley FanBoys there zzzak?

If you don't ride a Harley then you're gay!

Which seems to be the polar opposite of how the rest of the world sees them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The real truth about the CB500X ... that's a little misleading...

Makes people think you'll understand the meaning of life when you ride one or that there's a big conspiracy about them, it's just a slow and well balanced Honda like many before it.

I have a friend who ordered (with the paying of moneys) a new CB500S here in Portugal, in Lisbon. They have been getting delays on the arrival of bikes, firstly arriving in July, then August, then changed to September, then maybe November, but now it should arrive any day now. Exciting times!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

that there's a big conspiracy about them,

Haven't you seen the grief I've had since I bought it?

When @Tango had one nobody said a word.......soon as I got one everybody lost their minds!

the joker GIF by hoppip

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

When @Tango had one nobody said a word.......soon as I got one everybody lost their minds!

the joker GIF by hoppip

You lost your mind, nobody really cares.

It's got what a Honda really had, it's easy and balanced and nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

the joker GIF by hoppip

It not just that Pete... You make it sound like it's the bike of the century... Comparable to the big BMW and ktm super adventure and Ducati multi.... It's just a Honda... Get over it... 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

It not just that Pete... You make it sound like it's the bike of the century... Comparable to the big BMW and ktm super adventure and Ducati multi.... It's just a Honda... Get over it... 

and it’s gay.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

the joker GIF by hoppip

I seem to remember being called the forum puff or something like that..........but that may not have had anything to do with the Honda! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Tango said:

I seem to remember being called the forum puff or something like that..........but that may not have had anything to do with the Honda! 😂😂😂

Not by me Bob......I've always liked them as you know!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not by me Bob......I've always liked them as you know!

To be honest I seriously considered buying a CB500X.  Good bike and I am partial to a Honda.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marcel said:

You make it sound like it's the bike of the century

Probably it does to you Marcel given the bikes that you have!

A new premium brand bike leaking fluids that you have to either repair yourself or transport across the country to get fixed.

And the one that you only bought so you could "belong" when you go out with your Harley mates.

I just want a reliable bike that works for me......not to try and look the part, or to fit in with any peer group.

It's just a Honda... Get over it... 

The Goldbergs Sunglasses GIF by Crave

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Probably it does to you Marcel given the bikes that you have!

A new premium brand bike leaking fluids that you have to either repair yourself or transport across the country to get fixed.

And the one that you only bought so you could "belong" when you go out with your Harley mates.

I just want a reliable bike that works for me......not to try and look the part, or to fit in with any peer group.

It's just a Honda... Get over it... 

The Goldbergs Sunglasses GIF by Crave

True I had new model production blues with the Ktm... It's all sorted now and I would  be comfortable taking it cross country now...

The harley was and investment.. I haven't decided wich of the two I will be keeping.....but I can tell you has a touring bike the harley is hard to beat after riding the two for a few months now and comparing them...i know if I sell the ktm I will be loosing more money than the harley... The harley just hold better re sale value. 

And the harley purchase wasn't cause most of my friends have them... They don't really care what bike I ride and neither do I... We're just old friends going back to the days of high school.... True there are some brand specific riders out there... But it's definitely not my crowded of people.. 

• Like 4