Young brit grounds plane

Pedro

image.thumb.png.f28b073cdc0f571609b296fc242b7aef.png

Picture above is of an F18 that accompanied an Easyjet plane down to land in Mallorca airport, happened on sunday. In a period where it's really hard to get on flights, a young 18 year old brit with 5 of his mates flying from Gatwick going to Menorca on holiday decided to post a bomb threat on a social network. It got taken seriously, the F18 was scrambled in case the plane had to be taken down, it was forced to land in Mallorca to be inspected by bomb disposal experts and everyone interrogated, a few flights headed to that airport had to be diverted, all in all a nice example of a prime twat going to Spain for a laugh. 

Hope he has to foot the bill for the whole thing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MooN said:

he should be made to pay.   or tried as a terrorist. but in spain as it was in spanish airspace. 

Pretty sure they haven't got a life sentence or death for terrorism for a while now, since ETA pretty much stopped. But the article said he was going to face charges to pay for at least part of the operation. Don't know how much it costs to take an F18 up for an hour but it must be a pretty penny, and on top of all the airport and diverted planes, I'm sure they're not laughing anymore :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

Pretty sure they haven't got a life sentence or death for terrorism for a while now, since ETA pretty much stopped. 

I didn't think they did, but I just think that the Spanish justice system would be a little less mollycoddling then the UK courts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I don’t see what the problem is, kids will be kids.

Dude is 18 , you'd think at least he would value getting to his holidays quick to get drunk on a bucket sized sangria and pass out on the beach getting a nice front side sunburn 

2 hours ago, MooN said:

I didn't think they did, but I just think that the Spanish justice system would be a little less mollycoddling then the UK courts. 

I don't expect that, maybe so if they decide to have fun on a summer brit :classic_laugh:. France is known for being tough and having hard prisons though. 

• Like 2