Last Weekend in March!

XTreme

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Carter and Miller on Friday. 
Reckon either the scallops or the steak which I had blue. 
Mine arrived cold which is never a good sign is it. Everyone else’s was hot 🤷‍♀️ 

Jesus christ, why didn't you send it back ?  That shouldn't be happening in a place like that .

My nephew and niece ordered mussels when we were out last month at San Carlo and they were luke warm when they came.  We sent them back, to be fair they were very apologetic and the fresh ones were fine.  You can't be too careful with shellfish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mine arrived cold which is never a good sign is it. Everyone else’s was hot 🤷‍♀️ 

Something must be lost in translation here, you had blue steak?

34 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This is just a wild guess so happy to be corrected if i'm wrong  but i recon it was food that gave her food poisoning :classic_laugh:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My money would be on the scallops they make me sick even when their cooked properly 🤮:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

I rode the bike.....only for about half an hour though.

But it hadn't been started since the dust storm......so I had no idea how much dust was on it that I couldn't see.

And I didn't want that shit baking onto the casings and pipes......so I gave it a really good washing before I started it.

Glad I did.......cos there was just brown sludge running out of it.

gtr-min.jpg.dd71dfc4f6b2071530824335584c6893.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I rode the bike.....only for about half an hour though.

But it hadn't been started since the dust storm......so I had no idea how much dust was on it that I couldn't see.

And I didn't want that shit baking onto the casings and pipes......so I gave it a really good washing before I started it.

Glad I did.......cos there was just brown sludge running out of it.

gtr-min.jpg.dd71dfc4f6b2071530824335584c6893.jpg

So it was you that left this shit here i rode through 

IMG_3979.thumb.JPG.723e428d6d2f0a3eb8dc87e6aa6f2c6f.JPG

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Jesus christ, why didn't you send it back ?  That shouldn't be happening in a place like that .

My nephew and niece ordered mussels when we were out last month at San Carlo and they were luke warm when they came.  We sent them back, to be fair they were very apologetic and the fresh ones were fine.  You can't be too careful with shellfish.

I did and it came back warm enough to eat but not hot. I suspect they heated it up a little bit and who knows how long it has been sitting there. 
I always have my steak blue if it’s on offer but I’m suspicious that bit of steak wasn’t good enough to be served so blue. Then again seafoods the usual culprit. Hmph. 

• Like 3

Had a good ride yesterday only one member from the TRF volunteered to ride with me which was great as the ride was more fluid, The weather was almost perfect for trail riding a bit of rain in the night to dampen the ground would have made it perfect. Didn't take many photos too busy riding just under 100 miles of back roads and green lanes 

These are the obstacles the farmer has been putting in the way on the byway local to me. i started making a point of riding over everything he dumps where i can just to prove a point to him 

IMG_3978.thumb.JPG.febaac4aad254370b44240f3c0b6e717.JPG

IMG_3979.thumb.JPG.73511b78c6eb9c4128033b38efa6dfc5.JPG

The bloke i was out with had just bought this BETA 350 after having a break from bikes for many years and to be fair he was a good rider 

IMG_3980.thumb.JPG.d5e3279f37232149eaa1fcef3baa78e6.JPG

Me bike in case you all forgot what it looks like :classic_laugh:

IMG_3981.thumb.JPG.ccbc801ae9c48bf8fb6b9f864af6fc43.JPG

It was a bit of a squeeze past this one there were quite a few down after the recent storms but luckily most had been cleared

IMG_3982.thumb.JPG.ead2c7d23789a404d02b5415cd00cdde.JPG

Pump house lane again certainly got Ian sweating 

IMG_3983.thumb.JPG.467b1ee9bc51789fc4aaf154df640111.JPG

Luckily there was plenty of water to cool off in 

IMG_3986.thumb.JPG.5fba0417431547668b0602c3778ea9db.JPG

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Something must be lost in translation here, you had blue steak?

What Sir Fallsalot said. 
It’s just the word they use for very very rare steak.
The rankings go along the lines of 

Well done (sacrilege, seriously they don’t deserve to eat steak) 

medium to well done (still sacrilege) 

medium (really not the thing to do to good steak)

rare to medium (it’s tastes alright and is probably not ordered by a pleb) 

rare (that’s the way to do it) 

blue (the best)

That’ll ruffle some feathers 😂

A lot of places don’t offer blue because the steak has to be good enough quality to be eaten raw plus in this country most people were brought up with the idea all meat must be thoroughly cooked. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Had a good ride yesterday only one member from the TRF volunteered to ride with me which was great as the ride was more fluid, The weather was almost perfect for trail riding a bit of rain in the night to dampen the ground would have made it perfect. Didn't take many photos too busy riding just under 100 miles of back roads and green lanes 

These are the obstacles the farmer has been putting in the way on the byway local to me. i started making a point of riding over everything he dumps where i can just to prove a point to him 

IMG_3978.thumb.JPG.febaac4aad254370b44240f3c0b6e717.JPG

IMG_3979.thumb.JPG.73511b78c6eb9c4128033b38efa6dfc5.JPG

The bloke i was out with had just bought this BETA 350 after having a break from bikes for many years and to be fair he was a good rider 

IMG_3980.thumb.JPG.d5e3279f37232149eaa1fcef3baa78e6.JPG

Me bike in case you all forgot what it looks like :classic_laugh:

IMG_3981.thumb.JPG.ccbc801ae9c48bf8fb6b9f864af6fc43.JPG

It was a bit of a squeeze past this one there were quite a few down after the recent storms but luckily most had been cleared

IMG_3982.thumb.JPG.ead2c7d23789a404d02b5415cd00cdde.JPG

Pump house lane again certainly got Ian sweating 

IMG_3983.thumb.JPG.467b1ee9bc51789fc4aaf154df640111.JPG

Luckily there was plenty of water to cool off in 

IMG_3986.thumb.JPG.5fba0417431547668b0602c3778ea9db.JPG

Aaw that looks great. 
What’s the farmers problem or is he just a knob?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I did and it came back warm enough to eat but not hot. I suspect they heated it up a little bit and who knows how long it has been sitting there. 
I always have my steak blue if it’s on offer but I’m suspicious that bit of steak wasn’t good enough to be served so blue. Then again seafoods the usual culprit. Hmph. 

Walk into the kitchen have a look around, find the mop bucket, drop in on the cook's head. 😀

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Aaw that looks great. 
What’s the farmers problem or is he just a knob?

The farmers a problem and he's a knob, its been ongoing for years he basically doesn't want anyone up there 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What Sir Fallsalot said. 
It’s just the word they use for very very rare steak.
The rankings go along the lines of 

Well done (sacrilege, seriously they don’t deserve to eat steak) 

medium to well done (still sacrilege) 

medium (really not the thing to do to good steak)

rare to medium (it’s tastes alright and is probably not ordered by a pleb) 

rare (that’s the way to do it) 

blue (the best)

That’ll ruffle some feathers 😂

A lot of places don’t offer blue because the steak has to be good enough quality to be eaten raw plus in this country most people were brought up with the idea all meat must be thoroughly cooked. 

Sorry but you're asking for trouble if you insist on having blue steak.  Cooking kills the bacteria remember

happy-endings-ribs.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The farmers a problem and he's a knob, its been ongoing for years he basically doesn't want anyone up there 

Are the gas company not taking him to court now ?

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Are the gas company not taking him to court now ?

Not heard anything about that Bob but the hole he dug has been filled in looks like he was made to do it as i cant see the council leaving it in this mess 

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Sorry but you're asking for trouble if you insist on having blue steak.  Cooking kills the bacteria remember

happy-endings-ribs.gif

Well yes and no.

Ive eaten blue steak every time its been on offer for over 30years and this is the first time Ive suspected it of food poisoning. Dodgy seafood however has made more than a couple of unwelcome appearances so you could argue blue steak is a safer choice than seafood 😆

Also bacteria is only on the outside of the meat, humans and animals are sterile on the inside (other than the alimentary canal which is considered external to the body, I know them medical folk think weird) so if its fresh and the outside is seared on a high temperature you have killed the bacteria. Thats how you can safely make steak tartare at home. I suspect the kitchen staff are inexperienced and didnt have a hot enough pan or it was those damn scallops.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

The only accompaniment to steak is chips, hence the phrase steak and chips.

The recipe requires one part steak to one part portion of chips (*not arranged into a Jenga stack).

This is how you food.

I have to disagree steak also needs fried mushrooms and onions god i'm feeling hungry now

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1