Getting Back Out.........

XTreme

41 minutes ago, Tym said:

Men over 60 go to jail for that now... The new normal------>  :banana121or:

All avenues of pleasure have been closed off for us now!

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

All avenues of pleasure have been closed off for us now!

The new frontier, 3D printing and VR goggles....mark my words....

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

If they're in good nick they tend to hold their value pretty well......so you're probably looking at about 3K up @Skippy

That's the problem because I really need to go no more than 2k euros. Could be tricky! 

24 minutes ago, Skippy said:

That's the problem because I really need to go no more than 2k euros. Could be tricky! 

Ideally a Thumper Ray?

4 hours ago, Skippy said:

There are usually quite a few DR650's for sale in France, would that be a pain to register in Spain ?

https://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/1765249795.htm/

https://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/1762596757.htm/

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

There are usually quite a few DR650's for sale in France, would that be a pain to register in Spain ?

Serious pain! Anything that involves bureaucracy in Spain has to be avoided at all costs!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Cheers for that and I know they’re popular in France but I’ve got a TL1000S on UK plates coming over asap so I do t really want to import two bikes. I think I’ll have to see what’s available locally.........and be less choosy! ?

8 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Cheers for that and I know they’re popular in France but I’ve got a TL1000S on UK plates coming over asap so I do t really want to import two bikes. I think I’ll have to see what’s available locally.........and be less choosy! ?

The problem with a lot of them here as you know is how well they've been maintained.

If you can get a good one then you're sorted.......because there's none of the rusting and pitting that you see on UK bikes.

Iberian Meet: sounds like a great idea to me but....! Long story short, my wife is a nurse been off work for a while, just over a year with a very bad knee she has had a knee replacement but was sacked just before Christmas  RE: "Capability to work" after several weeks of phone calls to the UK nurses union and solicitors she has her job back and  has booked a flight for the first week of June, That means I am restricted on where I can go as I have two dogs here at home and one is elderly so can't leave them for long. Also I haven't sorted out my Spanish Licence yet because of this Virus crap so if I get my licence change sorted I can only go  on a longish trip once my wife is back here in Spain which will be roughly every 6-8 weeks. If we can work the meet around that...brilliant.! Excuse the delays in answering Pete I am in the middle of writing a book for the ride reports section .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DangerRuss58 said:

Iberian Meet: sounds like a great idea to me but....! Long story short, my wife is a nurse been off work for a while, just over a year with a very bad knee she has had a knee replacement but was sacked just before Christmas  RE: "Capability to work" after several weeks of phone calls to the UK nurses union and solicitors she has her job back and  has booked a flight for the first week of June, That means I am restricted on where I can go as I have two dogs here at home and one is elderly so can't leave them for long. Also I haven't sorted out my Spanish Licence yet because of this Virus crap so if I get my licence change sorted I can only go  on a longish trip once my wife is back here in Spain which will be roughly every 6-8 weeks. If we can work the meet around that...brilliant.! Excuse the delays in answering Pete I am in the middle of writing a book for the ride reports section .

Probably be next year now Russ given the situation.

So I'm sure we can time something to suit!

jhu.thumb.jpg.2b0543057f36203b3410e25a2f27ae97.jpg

Town still empty.......and just getting to the end of Lockdown Week 8!

Hoping for some relaxation of restrictions on Week 9 which would take effect from Monday.

• Like 1

The reports I'm getting now seem to say that all regions of Andalucia will be moving to Phase One.......EXCEPT Granada and Malaga!

This is fucking insane......in this part of the region we've only had 3 cases and all recovered.

Granada CITY has had the cases......not us! And we're 100 miles from there FFS!

• Sad 1

you need a nice protest rally! it's what we do here. Probably going again next week. Getting our pitchforks and torches ready.

• Thanks 1

Personnally, considering how ugly my damn yankee neigbors are, i fully support the idea people have to wear face masks in public...lol

This is how it stacks up here.....Phase 0 (dark) stays where they are.......Phase 1 (lighter) has some restrictions lifted.

The red spot is where I am.......and I'll be stuck on this red spot until further notice.

Which is the same red spot I've been stuck on for the last 8 fucking weeks!

fgr.jpg

I did the math, it would have saved trillions in wealth if everyone was just isssued one of these.

Z236qwfo5oy.jpeg.5981cb33166e51a340156e1555c7679b.jpeg

$1088 MSRP? $850 on Amazon!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tym said:

I did the math, it would have saved trillions in wealth if everyone was just isssued one of these.

Z236qwfo5oy.jpeg.5981cb33166e51a340156e1555c7679b.jpeg

$1088 MSRP? $850 on Amazon!

That’d really freak out the neighbours! Excellent. Left my respirator on my last ship as it took up too much space in my luggage. Would have been useful now. 

• Thanks 1

After nearly 15 years here I should be used to Spanish logic......in terms of it doesn't exist.

Because we're still in the position of having the same restrictions in place as Madrid!

We've had 3 RECOVERED cases.......and they've had 8500 DEATHS! 

2052914753_giphy(2).gif.358497dc21019aee84a2f03ca9b2087b.gif

• Thanks 1

On another note, I made it home yesterday, after a nice ride. Had a nice meal all by myself, of a little cheese and peas with chorizo, was half way to getting a little drunk on my favorite local whine when my folks called to ask if I had been allowed in as my area has exploded with hundreds of infected cases overnight.

This is  worry for Portugal as all the big distribution centers for the major supermarkets are here, and if they shut down it would get tricky to distribute food and stuff.

I'm not too worried myself, as I am alone anyway. It's raining, though, so I am home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

On another note, I made it home yesterday, after a nice ride. Had a nice meal all by myself, of a little cheese and peas with chorizo, was half way to getting a little drunk on my favorite local whine when my folks called to ask if I had been allowed in as my area has exploded with hundreds of infected cases overnight.

This is  wory for Portugal as all the big distribution centers for the major supermarkets are here, and if they shut down it would get tricky to distribute food and stuff.

I'm not too worried myself, as I am alone anyway. It's raining, though, so I am home.

Damn......unusual to get a big hit in cases this far down the line Pedro.