No more speeding!

Swagman

Yeah I’m sure it will it’s gps based so they will know exactly what you are doing and where you are doing it, just another big Brother Watch.

1 minute ago, Swagman said:

Yeah I’m sure it will it’s gps based so they will know exactly what you are doing and where you are doing it, just another big Brother Watch.

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/safety/speed-limiters-mandatory-on-new-cars?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_source=brandawareness&utm_term=20211004&utm_content=september_2021_newsletter_bulletin_customers

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

Speed limiters to be fitted to all new cars from 2022.

No problem..........there won't be any fuel to run the cars anyway! 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tango said:

No problem..........there won't be any fuel to run the cars anyway! 😂😂😂

No problem with fuel in our area.👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

And nothing in the shops to go and buy! :littleguy:

Plenty of food in the shops as well, you want to stock up, if we can’t get British food in our supermarket then you will have no fucking chance, you’ll have to live on Dago tea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Swagman said:

No worries @Tango we have the army on the tankers now, we are officially at war with the petrol.🤣🤣🤣

Has a country ever mobilised The Army to deliver food in peacetime before?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Has a country ever mobilised The Army to deliver food in peacetime before?

Portugal has mobilized the army to deliver fuel two or three years ago. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Why? We've never had any fuel problems!

There was a strike amongst the drivers carrying dangerous loads and they tried to stop all fuel transports. I'm obviously not sure, but the same must have happened in other countries for whatever reason.

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

There was a strike amongst the drivers carrying dangerous loads and they tried to stop all fuel transports. I'm obviously not sure, but the same must have happened in other countries for whatever reason.

Never saw anything here.....but saying that, the Spanish striking and the Spanish working are pretty much indistinguishable.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Never saw anything here.....but saying that, the Spanish striking and the Spanish working are pretty much indistinguishable.

No point striking if no one notices.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This has come from Europe again so will affect you as well @XTreme wont affect me as i'm too tight to buy a new car :classic_laugh:

From 6 July 2022, all newly launched cars will legally have to be fitted with a speed limiter

European Commission reached a provisional agreement in 2019

The UK is likely to adopt the new speed limiting rules, even after Brexit

The European Commission has reached a provisional agreement that all new vehicles sold in Europe will be fitted with a speed limiter as a legal requirement from 6 July 2022. The 2019/2044 regulation also mandates all new cars that have already launched be fitted with an Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) by 7 July 2024.
While it hasn’t been decided, the UK will likely obey the new road safety regulations despite leaving the EU as even after Brexit, the UK has retained most EU laws for new cars. Following this agreement also helps in standardising the car manufacturing process for different markets. Using speed limiters successfully would also be a step forward in developing self-driving cars in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This has come from Europe again so will affect you as well @XTreme wont affect me as i'm too tight to buy a new car :classic_laugh:

Same here!

We've had our 2008 Citroen for a few years......and no plans to get anything newer.

Cos that money could go towards a newer bike......which is far more necessary.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Same here!

We've had our 2008 Citroen for a few years......and no plans to get anything newer.

Cos that money could go towards a newer bike......which is far more necessary.

Exactly the same here :littleguy: only thing worrying me would be if they put that on motorcycles as well 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Exactly the same here :littleguy: only thing worrying me would be if they put that on motorcycles as well 

Well that won’t worry me I’ve had my Fazer since 2005 and still going to keep it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well that won’t worry me I’ve had my Fazer since 2005 and still going to keep it.

I'm like that as well but there maybe a time i fancy something new, good thing is it will probably push the price of secondhand stuff up 

• Like 2