First Weekend in May!

XTreme

And it looks like the weather's changing at last!

1942167910_Screenshot2021-04-30084128.jpg.14c601b06c325774489f214d4f7acadd.jpg

What isn't changing is the fact that I'm still locked in the town, while the rest of Andalucia is now able to travel freely throughout the 8 provinces within it.

So I'll be able to get out......but I just can't go anywhere!

What you got planned?

• Like 1

Taking the Himalayan for its first MOT Saturday. Got the Bandit booked in for a full service plus MOT ahead of doing LEJOG, theyre going to stick a dual USB charging point on there and a gear indicator because its so smooth in 5th you could easily be in 4th or 6th and I’ve had enough of it. I was certain it would become clear after Id been riding it a while, its bloody obvious on the other bikes but its just not on this one. Someone I consider to be a good rider said they found the same with their Bandit and ended up fitting one too so I’m not alone in finding it irritating. Love doing stuff to or having stuff done on my bike. Getting something for your bike is the best prezzie in the world, IMO nothing else even comes close 👏 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Taking the Himalayan for its first MOT Saturday. Got the Bandit booked in for a full service plus MOT ahead of doing LEJOG, theyre going to stick a dual USB charging point on there and a gear indicator because its so smooth in 5th you could easily be in 4th or 6th and I’ve had enough of it. I was certain it would become clear after Id been riding it a while, its bloody obvious on the other bikes but its just not on this one. Someone I consider to be a good rider said they found the same with their Bandit and ended up fitting one too so I’m not alone in finding it irritating. Love doing stuff to or having stuff done on my bike. Getting something for your bike is the best prezzie in the world, IMO nothing else even comes close 👏 

I like the old cigarette lighter sockets on the bike as i can plug my electric tyre pump in easily when needed 

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I like the old cigarette lighter sockets on the bike as i can plug my electric tyre pump easily when needed 

I have one but it is still in the delivery packet.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I got one of these from M&P and you've just upset me looking for that i paid the full price for mine 😪
https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/12v-power-socket-charger-gps-sat-nav-601043

Oh dear, there there, just think of all the cosmic goodness coming your way for such an act of kindness.... or it would be if that was what I was referring to, I meant an electric tyre pump 😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

Pissing it down here! I didn't move all this way for British weather! 😂😂

And you're itching to get out on it Bob! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And you're itching to get out on it Bob! :classic_laugh:

I've done a whole 200m on it since I got it, Pete! But once we move and the missus starts work I'm hoping to get out on it a lot more. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

I've done a whole 200m on it since I got it, Pete! But once we move and the missus starts work I'm hoping to get out on it a lot more. 😉

So you're sending the missus to work......and then going out riding?

Top man Bob! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Weather looking pretty decent for just riding round the fucking town!

same here. Annoying thing is that I desperately need to get to mother in laws house to shut the heating down, and get the papers for her car as we can't do anything with it without the paperwork and the longer we leave it the more it's going to cost. I'd go down by bike, so alone, be alone in the house and ride back alone coming witin 2meters of absofucking lutely no one but nope... 10 km limit.  I'll be able to go as from monday... which is when I start back to work....😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MooN said:

same here. Annoying thing is that I desperately need to get to mother in laws house to shut the heating down, and get the papers for her car as we can't do anything with it without the paperwork and the longer we leave it the more it's going to cost. I'd go down by bike, so alone, be alone in the house and ride back alone coming witin 2meters of absofucking lutely no one but nope... 10 km limit.  I'll be able to go as from monday... which is when I start back to work....😡

Yeh.....it's really frustrating.

If it wasn't for the pissheads in the bars over Easter I could go anywhere in Andalucia now!

1 hour ago, MooN said:

You can travel outside the 10km limit with an Attestation I think, but I'm not sure which category it would fall within. I went to Montpellier to pick up the new bike and filled in the one for collecting purchases. I guess it depends on how far you need to go and how likely is it that you'll get stopped?

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

So you're sending the missus to work......and then going out riding?

Top man Bob! :classic_laugh:

She's pretty desperate to get back to work......I'm not sure if I should take that personally or not? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tango said:

She's pretty desperate to get back to work......I'm not sure if I should take that personally or not? 😂

What work does she do Bob?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

What work does she do Bob?

She was Sales and Marketing manager at a medical company in the UK before we moved, Pete. The company's European headquarters is in Montpellier. They contacted her a short while back about a technical liason type job, as she used to work in the labs, so, a slight change of direction for her, but she always preferred the more technical jobs anyway. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tango said:

She was Sales and Marketing manager at a medical company in the UK before we moved, Pete. The company's European headquarters is in Montpellier. They contacted her a short while back about a technical liason type job, as she used to work in the labs, so, a slight change of direction for her, but she always preferred the more technical jobs anyway. 😎

All falling into place then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

All falling into place then?

Well, our move out here was initiated around 18 months-2 years ago. The headquarters in Montpellier sounded her out about a European role based out of there. I investigated early retirement and she geared up for the move. I retired in August last year and we were investigating places to live out here when she got a call to say that, because of the pandemic and a slowing down of business, there was a headcount freeze and her job offer had to be withdrawn. Anyway, we'd already made our minds up to move over here, so we just went for it. She set herself up as a freelance consultant, but work has been very slow.

So, this current job came out of the blue, but fits in nicely, as they pretty much let her write the job spec and dictate her hours. 

So, yes, Pete.....it's all falling into place nicely now. 😎👍

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

Well, our move out here was initiated around 18 months-2 years ago. The headquarters in Montpellier sounded her out about a European role based out of there. I investigated early retirement and she geared up for the move. I retired in August last year and we were investigating places to live out here when she got a call to say that, because of the pandemic and a slowing down of business, there was a headcount freeze and her job offer had to be withdrawn. Anyway, we'd already made our minds up to move over here, so we just went for it. She set herself up as a freelance consultant, but work has been very slow.

So, this current job came out of the blue, but fits in nicely, as they pretty much let her write the job spec and dictate her hours. 

So, yes, Pete.....it's all falling into place nicely now. 😎👍

Absolutely Bob.....and definitely better than the alternative!

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

• Haha 1