HD Tee shirts

Earache

Stopped by the local HD shop today to see if they had the Adventure bike in yet (they don't).

But Sweet Baby Jesus, what a selection of tee shirts! Freakin' thousands.

Wonder why other shops don't put out tons of cool shirts with the shop name and city on them? I bet they sell 45 of these a day.

@Buckster - PM me your shirt size and address and I'll post one to you. Makes me wish I had a HD so I could wear some of their shirts without looking like a wannabe....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Plus, as they’re all 7XL-43XL, they come in handy as makeshift sails for galleons or party marquees for weddings for normal folk.

This is true! I saw some 6XL shirts there and was amazed by their size.

• Haha 1

Big shirts aren't all bad though. Our local Ducati shop has some cool shirts that I'd buy, buy their size XL would fit a 12 year old girl. All of their stuff is made in Italy and simply won't fit anyone over 5'9" tall and 120 lbs.

22 minutes ago, Earache said:

Big shirts aren't all bad though. Our local Ducati shop has some cool shirts that I'd buy, buy their size XL would fit a 12 year old girl. All of their stuff is made in Italy and simply won't fit anyone over 5'9" tall and 120 lbs.

Once we get a new batch made I'll send you one of our t-shirts over Eric, we've run out at the moment plus re need a redesign as we have some differnet sponsors now.

IMG_8870.thumb.JPEG.5aa1ee69be8c320e0d8b48ebd1c79372.JPEG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Once we get a new batch made I'll send you one of our t-shirts over Eric, we've run out at the moment plus re need a redesign as we have some differnet sponsors now.

That is badass - love it! I wear a 2XL or 3 XL (as I have less than spectacular washing abilities and can shrink anything). Let me know if you have any cool fleece stuff - more than happy to pay for it. Let me know your size and I'll see if I can get some local Ducati stuff to fit you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Isn't that the marmite logo here

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Isn't that the marmite logo here

That's the logo he modified, we thought the owners of Marmite we throw a fit but we've never had any aggro.  Ducati's are like Marmite , you either love 'em or you hate 'em.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Earache said:

Stopped by the local HD shop today to see if they had the Adventure bike in yet (they don't).

But Sweet Baby Jesus, what a selection of tee shirts! Freakin' thousands.

Wonder why other shops don't put out tons of cool shirts with the shop name and city on them? I bet they sell 45 of these a day.

@Buckster - PM me your shirt size and address and I'll post one to you. Makes me wish I had a HD so I could wear some of their shirts without looking like a wannabe....

Theres just a small number of the Adventure bike doing the rounds. Apparently the HD adventure bikes going to be at the ABR festival this year but it’s probably a bit of a trek for you ? Great line up this year and its the first weekend after lockdown restrictions are lifted in June wooohooo ? 

They’ve got Boorman there promoting it but I watched ‘long way up’ and wasn’t convinced he was convinced by it so itll be interesting to see what he has to say. I cant stand bike snobs (snobs full stop) but was surprised to catch myself quietly sneering at the idea of a HD adventure bike, oops ?

• Like 1

I went in 2019 and had a f’in amazing time. I’m not a festival person but the sun was shining on full blast the whole weekend, there were bikes galore, good trade stands, plenty of talks from people who actually walk the walk, lots of different bikes to test ride, an off road track on the premises, TRF ride outs, an adventure film festival hall showing good bike adventure films, tons of excellent food wagons, good live music n plenty of beer flowing and everyone seemed really bloody happy all the time, Ive never seen so many smiles with folk chatting freely to complete strangers. I’ll rephrase that last bit, Ive never seen so many legal chatty smiles before ?

TBH it was like a parallel universe where everyone’s happy and I dont see how it can ever be that good again. But this year nearly every well known adventure/round the world rider seems to be going as are a large group of the women I went to the Himalaya with (and they’re chomping at the bit to get out) so who knows what with lockdown fever it might just be the best party ever... or it could rain incessantly and be a huge letdown, we’ll see ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

First one had a shit burger van and a tent you could drink your own beer in. That was it. I was going to go in ‘19 but missed out on a ticket. 

Bugger. Heyho theres a reserve list running cos they are trying to negotiate more space, might be worth a go.

Seem to have come up trumps (not the balding orangutang version of the word) on the ticket front this year with a pass for the night before it starts. So will be able to get a decent pitch ?

Got to remember not to drink to much though, anonymity only works if the numbers are good ? 

I'm slightly surprised by anyone wanting to go to that, over 6000 peeps together with a huge beer tent only two weeks after restrictions end, what could possibly go wrong  ?????

• Like 3

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm slightly surprised by anyone wanting to go to that, over 6000 peeps together with a huge beer tent only two weeks after restrictions end, what could possibly go wrong  ?????

I very much see your point but at that time the infection rates will still be as low as they are going to be because restrictions have only just been lifted. Its not a young persons festival so the majority of attendees (including me) will have had at least one jab which they’ve found does cut transmission and hospitalisation significantly. Plus the under 50’s account for less than 0.4% of deaths from Covid even when it was rampant so its pretty low risk, much lower risk than from some much nastier diseases in other countries I’ve been to.

The alternative is to not mix at all until the whole country has had both jabs and then wait and see if it continues to work. Which is if they hit their target of everyone by the end of July that’s then October before everyone’s had their second jab, plus the time to full immunity it’s then November- it’s a lot of the year to lose. By then there’s also a much increased chance of a vaccine resistant strain emerging (the more time passes the further away from the original strain the mutations are) so all in all I’ve decided it’s probably one of the safer times to mix. That’s my reckoning, I suppose it’s one of those things the individual has to weigh up for themselves ?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mawsley said:

I’m on the reserve but won’t go unless I grab a pair and the wife comes too. Solo isn’t huge fun imo.

If you only get one ticket and wanna go you can join us. 
But I have a VIP ticket so will be there the night before it kicks off and likely be hemmed in in a mighty fine camping spot before the rest of the plebs arrive  Still if your after someone to join for a beer and are happy to come n go as you please you’re welcome. The “us” is me, my husband and you might remember him Speedy23 from TMBF? Then coming and going in a disorganised fashion about 10 women I went to Everest with. Me, my husband and Speedy tend to wobble around drinking beer pointing at stuff, the other women tend to have a more measured approach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you only get one ticket and wanna go you can join us. 
But I have a VIP ticket so will be there the night before it kicks off and likely be hemmed in in a mighty fine camping spot before the rest of the plebs arrive  Still if your after someone to join for a beer and are happy to come n go as you please you’re welcome. The “us” is me, my husband and you might remember him Speedy23 from TMBF? Then coming and going in a disorganised fashion about 10 women I went to Everest with. Me, my husband and Speedy tend to wobble around drinking beer pointing at stuff, the other women tend to have a more measured approach.

Why don't you invite Speedy over here Caroline?

I see your point Caroline and I wish you all the very best.  Personally I can't think of anything worse but that's just my opinion.  I have been to all the ABR rally's , from the original place near Stratford to the field near Banbury (which I quite liked.  I didn't really enjoy the last one at Ragley Hall, it's got too big and too commercial for my liking.

Anyway, each to their own.  I have a overnight camping gig near Hereford in May which I'll be going to with five others, I think that's about my limit at the moment.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I see your point Caroline and I wish you all the very best.  Personally I can't think of anything worse but that's just my opinion.  I have been to all the ABR rally's , from the original place near Stratford to the field near Banbury (which I quite liked.  I didn't really enjoy the last one at Ragley Hall, it's got too big and too commercial for my liking.

Anyway, each to their own.  I have a overnight camping gig near Hereford in May which I'll be going to with five others, I think that's about my limit at the moment.

At the place where you can shag the barmaid for a couple of quid?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fair do’s. It is a very large commercial event. I prefer Overlander but I like them both. Fingers crossed for Sunny weather in May for both of us. Scotland sounds like it’s going to be heaving, fingers crossed it’s not... ?

Being locked down for a year seems to have messed with my filter, just said yes to a lot of things without thinking any further than I’d love to go out ? what an idiot. August looks well overdone with two long weekends away on the bike followed 3 days later riding round Germany for 10 days,  Ive been writing cheques for energy there’s no chance I’ll have ?‍♀️ Heyho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Fair do’s. It is a very large commercial event. I prefer Overlander but I like them both. Fingers crossed for Sunny weather in May for both of us. Scotland sounds like it’s going to be heaving, fingers crossed it’s not... ?

Being locked down for a year seems to have messed with my filter, just said yes to a lot of things without thinking any further than I’d love to go out ? what an idiot. August looks well overdone with two long weekends away on the bike followed 3 days later riding round Germany for 10 days,  Ive been writing cheques for energy there’s no chance I’ll have ?‍♀️ Heyho. 

High pressure is supposed to be coming back and will dominate through May apparently, so our weatherman predicts so should be good, hope so as we are in Cornwall, so fingers crossed we all get good weather.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

High pressure is supposed to be coming back and will dominate through May apparently, so our weatherman predicts so should be good, hope so as we are in Cornwall, so fingers crossed we all get good weather.?

Its starting to sound like the whole country is going away in May ? ?

• Like 1

On 27/04/2021 at 08:34, Earache said:

When I Was in Korea we went in to a Ducati shop in Seoul. Found out that you can't ride motorcycles on the highway in Korea, and that the Ducati shop supposedly wasn't allowed to sell T-shirts with the shop name and "Ducati" on them. 

WTF? How can that be true? In any case they didn't have any. I told them if they did, they'd sell at least one to every English speaking person who came in.  "Ducati Seoul" right? I'd have bought multiples. 

That said, I don't have an Ducati Detroit swag other than trackday posters... hmm.... 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2021 at 08:34, Earache said:

When I Was in Korea we went in to a Ducati shop in Seoul. Found out that you can't ride motorcycles on the highway in Korea, and that the Ducati shop supposedly wasn't allowed to sell T-shirts with the shop name and "Ducati" on them. 

WTF? How can that be true? In any case they didn't have any. I told them if they did, they'd sell at least one to every English speaking person who came in.  "Ducati Seoul" right? I'd have bought multiples. 

That said, I don't have an Ducati Detroit swag other than trackday posters... hmm....