Pay attention you twats!

Tym

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Were they cleaned with ultrasound last time you took them in

Were the jets and diaphragms replaced

Was the float needle and seat replaced

has the carb been tuned correctly

Are other KLR carbs also shite or just yours

Changing carbs seldom works out as well as the originals. You can gain in some places and lose in others.

I was going to say that.....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

Floats overflowing, i did a quickie blow job, seems the lttle piston thing was sticking no debris found, now im back to not giving a chit cause i aint riding this thing for 6 weeks minumum anyways. :banana121or:

30 minutes ago, Bruce said:

replace needle and seat, reset float height. Half an hour and 10 bucks instead of 460

Duh........

56 minutes ago, Tym said:

Floats overflowing, i did a quickie blow job, seems the lttle piston thing was sticking no debris found, now im back to not giving a chit cause i aint riding this thing for 6 weeks minumum anyways. :banana121or:

ClearcutViciousBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

6 hours ago, Bruce said:

replace needle and seat, reset float height. Half an hour and 10 bucks instead of 460

It won't be as quick of quiet as cheap as that but other than that he's spot on.

37 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Best mod i've done on my DR650 was replacing the stock BST carb with a Mikuni TM40, crisper, better starting , better mpg, just better all round :littleguy:

Same here on the dog Bob, best thing i done was junking the CV carb, except the guy selling it said it was a TM40 turned out to be a TM38. I didn't complain as it was only £100 and came with the adaptors throttle and cable to fit straight on the dog and i sold the shit carb for £50 ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bruce said:

Half an hour and 10 bucks instead of 460

I just spent $200 on freaking wheelchair tyres, 460 for a new carb doesnt sound so bad. 

:twat:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Odd. It's normally a brass insert held in by a cap screw over the cylinder wall or similar. Well if it cant come out and a new needle and o-ring doesn't stop flow yer fucked. Nothing new there.

Butt you, parden the old saying, can spend stupid money on scuppers, pot kettle Black, or Stainless, Dualit has them both, nice toasters too. ?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Why the IOM?

Because the Isle of Woman are to smart to throw money into a hole in the water...lol

• Haha 2