Same shit different day

Sir Fallsalot

Had a gentle trail ride showing one of the new members of the TRF about today, he'd recently been done for riding illegally so wanted to start doing it right so why i was showing him about i haven't a clue . The lanes were really dry which made them a lot easier to ride than normal almost boring in places maybe because I've ridden them so much.

Usual photo looking towards my place all new to this guy

IMG_1168.thumb.JPG.f78b40b29b882c597347c74fc426ae47.JPG

IMG_1169.thumb.JPG.f06df16dee0027000fd13cae03ada731.JPG

We are heading over to the wind turbines you can see on the skyline above my bike here

IMG_1170.thumb.JPG.249708e3db3bc9adf8a05ec0878ef34b.JPG

We stopped to take this photo when the farmer in the field shouts down to us i thought here we go this lane has a TRO on it prohibiting use after 6pm thought he might be going to tell us about it

IMG_1173.thumb.JPG.ca1fc02258c283e05e91d86ce491df7f.JPG

Turned out him and his farmer buddy were having trouble rounding up his horses and wanted us to help drive them down to the farm with the bikes, Wish i had a Go Pro it was a mad 15 minutes those horses we determined to stay in the field  

IMG_1171.thumb.JPG.d342a555634e64b41be1178c40748be8.JPG

But we got them down once on the track they ran the rest of the way with no encouragement from us at all

IMG_1174.thumb.JPG.4f13d22b4b0efbbf892b578573b31c4d.JPG

Good views from the wind farm that's the Bristol channel and Minehead area in the distance

IMG_1175.thumb.JPG.c7932f9dd78dd4136df1d5a9f31f28d1.JPG

We did find a mucky lane i forgot to mention there's a big rock in the middle of it. It's the same place as the photo i put up here last week so i new about it :classic_laugh:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Fred! You did one on your own! Top Man! Class! :classic_laugh:

And don't ask me to ride through all that shit either! :classic_wacko:

I had to the forum owner was bulling me and I've had to ignore umpteen imaginary PM's telling me off :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Great ride report @Sir Fallsalot and some lovely photos.  ?

That mud looked like fun, really makes me want a smaller bike for such adventures.

Would have loved to see the horses in action, must have been a rush. 

With the right tyres the Himalayan its fantastic in mud. Yes just sometimes the ground clearance is an issue but it’s more than made up for by the rest of the ride the bike gives you.

Being able to tap your foot down or the bike being weighted low down means a lot. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

With the right tyres the Himalayan its fantastic in mud. Yes just sometimes the ground clearance is an issue but it’s more than made up for by the rest of the ride the bike gives you.

Being able to tap your foot down or the bike being weighted low down means a lot. 

I agree the Himalayan is fine in some mud, but the weight is too much for just playing around on the single track or some muddy overgrown two track.  At least for what I would like to do.  Not a replacement for the Himalayan, just something smaller and lighter for other rides. ?

• Like 2

I enjoy having a usual ride, there is something good about riding a well known road that you still enjoy, you don't think too much about it and it's sort of calming. Mine's not muddy, though :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Fred, what did he get done for , did they let him off with a warning ?

Him and his mate got section 59's, he lives blackwood way so i presume he was on Manmoel mountain

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Him and his mate got section 59's, he lives blackwood way so i presume he was on Manmoel mountain

Took his bike off him?