A Question of Credibility

XTreme

I was looking at last weekend and our Ride Reports......and again, it's pretty impressive! We had Reports from Australia, Canada, France, Portugal, and Spain. Well done everybody......this stuff really makes a difference in terms of our credibility. So the time you take to do them isn't wasted, it helps the forum a lot.

Because as I've said before, there are some forums out there where everybody seems to know everything about motorcycling! But when you look for any prior accreditation or experience of them actually doing it......it doesn't exist! All they do is TALK about it on forums!

However, if people come here and want advice, they can be sure that they're getting it from people who actually do it in real life. For example if somebody wanted offroad info, we know that @Sir Fallsalot @boboneleg and @yen_powell know their stuff. And new members can just look at their ride reports to see that for themselves. Look at it this way! ButtRider is not without it's faults......but you just can't argue with those Ride Reports!

Now let me emphasise.....there's no such thing as the wrong type of bike, or the wrong type of location. @Tym is out on his Tomos, @Mawsley is out on his Vespa, @Bruce has put in reports on his boat, and @yen_powell has even done them on his bicycle! We're not proud.....we'll take anything or anybody as you well know!

So get your reports in when the weather and the Covid situation improves. It really helps to give the forum credibility, and also helps us a lot in terms of SEO with Google and Bing. Try and use tags as well like to give it a bit of a bit of a boost. As an example of how to use tags look at @Grasshopper's Ride's example HERE! That's the way to do it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

And no TOMOS or Vespa's neither!

@Mawsley could have submitted his Vespa.....in fact I suggested he did.

But being the Twat that he is....he didn't!

Just now, Bruce said:

@Mawsley If I was you I'd short circuit the broken and bias chain of command and send your advert out on twitter :littleguy: See if we can pick up some more rejects.

Well said Bruce..... @Mawsley.....pull your finger out you fucking weirdo!

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2021 at 16:13, Mawsley said:

Sorry, I'm used to having lackeys do stuff on my behalf. I'm the type of person who wanders about with a hard hat and a clipboard, looking busy, and full of my own self-importance. I don't do things proactively - I hunt for people to blame for my shortcomings. You should be able to empathise with that?

How quickly you forget when I used to have your back on another forum when you were suffering an onslaught from the knuckle dragging Casuals! 

You'd have been a broken man if I hadn't been there to bale you out!

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

stuck up for me when I wasn't allowed to claim I'd visited a place because I didn't have a stupid bit of paper with a number on it in my photo.

I always found that "initiative" to be truly bizarre.

Come On Reaction GIF

11 minutes ago, Tym said:

Word. :littleguy:

You'd have stuck up for Mawsley if you'd known I'm sure Tym. I didn't know about it either.

We'll have to reassure this deranged lunatic valued member of our community that he doesn't need to photograph himself and his Vespa with a number on it outside an abattoir or a sperm bank in order to be accepted into the "in crowd". 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You'd have stuck up for Mawsley if you'd known I'm sure Tym. I didn't know about it either.

We'll have to reassure this deranged lunatic valued member of our community that he doesn't need to photograph himself and his Vespa outside an abattoir or a sperm bank in order to be accepted into the "in crowd". 

Don’t forget his number.

Just now, Swagman said:

Don’t forget his number.

He's not a number.....and he will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. His life is his own.

Unlike Bender's Bitch!

the prisoner goodbye GIF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I am missing the story, what kind of place do you have to have a piece of paper to prove you visited?

The other forum that I was restricted on.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I am missing the story, what kind of place do you have to have a piece of paper to prove you visited?

I believe that @Clive......who was a member there since 2008 (till I rescued the sad fucker) is better informed on this matter!

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Ah, the number on a piece of paper!!!......I never participated in that game, pubs and tourist attractions in the middle of God knows where?, all for the glory of having the highest points score at the end of the riding season, .......................can these points be redeemed at Tesco?..no!....no fucking use to me then.?

PS, I am not a follower of the "riding season" either........will ride when and if it fit too.?

Something really sad about participating in that I thought.

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Someone over "there" would go into my account and alter my location, several times!.?

They'd change what I'd written to show something else......not by quoting me and changing the quote.....but by changing the original post.

When I complained about it I got physically threatened! That sort of shit, plus modifying user accounts and reading PM's is an absolute no-no. Once you step over that line all trust is gone!

And then I got read the riot act for being abusive to new members.....which NEVER happened! And they couldn't show me ONE example! Zilch!

@Tym has been with me on EVERY forum we've done in the last 20 years......when have you ever known me to behave like that Tym?

26 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

No...but as soon as I realised how important the whole thing was to some people I'd just make up numbers in the account section. Then some busy body would go into my account to change them back again. And so the entertaining Big Wheel of Fun went around! 

Beyond fucking pathetic ?

I remember you telling me on FB a few years ago that you'd left there Dave.

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@Tym has been with me on EVERY forum we've done in the last 20 years......when have you ever known me to behave like that Tym?

Like...never? :wave: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

Inferiority complex..........sends some folks round the Bend er.?

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Why did they keep altering your post Clive? Were they trying to confuse you so you couldn't find your way home? 

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Like...never? :wave: 

Exactly! But apparently it was going on over there! No posts found to verify it of course........it was just a feeling the Mods had!

Tom Cruise Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I change my location to Twatt in the Outer Hebrides ?

I could have lived there for all they knew?.......people have told me that I am a proper Twatt, and they did not know where I came from.?

The thing is, if you want to change your location to wherever......that's your right.

Some people don't want to be too specific........especially with the bike theft situation there.

15 minutes ago, Clive said:

I am on it......I will sort that twat.....er me!.

Work on the "Feeling" angle.......they always fall for that one!